Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest window

COVID-19 - Breaking News [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Hameedeh

Information changes rapidly and some news reports can be unreliable. We appreciate participation during this pandemic, but some replies can be removed if inaccurate. This thread is ONLY for breaking news.

Message added by Hameedeh

@starlight   Since the first zoonosis in Wuhan, the pattern is via airline routes, lMH0, and visualize an infected passenger as a small, antique grenade which bursts into two-to-a-few fragments; the air routes  being the ballistic trajectories.

Myanmar and Tanzania have their first deaths today, while the US death toll has now passed 3,000. Time this date: 0400EDT

2 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

In the face of warning signals those who take heed and take action survive, those who don't die.

Noah had to get on the boat, Lot had to leave town, . . . . . . we have to stay at home and talk to each other.

:worried:"l don't know about talking to myself that much. We don't get along that well."

58 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

:worried:"l don't know about talking to myself that much. We don't get along that well."

Talk to each other now encompasses online discussions such as this one. :party:

Bio-Tech lnfo

Surfaces, corona and a few other viruses, Literature Survey (FEB20), @Liggel @starlight  who did l miss?

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/coronaviruses-how-long-can-they-survive-on-surfaces#How-to-inactivate-coronavirus

--C0VlD-19 is not included in this study/summary

Edited by hasanhh
spelin' er missing

As expected that large Muslim gathering which happened in India turns out to be a bio bomb. My state has recorded 45 cases from people who visited that gathering alone today. And my state is like 2000km away from Delhi.

This event alone is expected to lead to 1000s of death and huge number of infections all because some of our fellow Muslims never took this issue seriously.

On 3/30/2020 at 1:01 AM, Haji 2003 said:

Some MAGA's on Twitter are getting apoplectic with news that Trump sent plane loads of supplies to China. Drowned out are comments that the supplies never arrived. Hard to figure out what actually happened.

to be honest I have been thinking that China has been winning the PR war since I see a lot of pics of Chinese planes arriving in lots of different countries, but don't see anything like that for U.S. aid.

After deporting spy non border French doctors from Iran America is trying to collect information of China & then bring back covid-19 or much worth pandemic than first pandemic in China with help of so called non border doctors but spy agents in reality.

16 hours ago, notme said:

Has someone shared this yet? 

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

Projected data for the United States. 

The data for my state will have to change. The governor issued a stay-at-home order just today and this projection doesn't reflect that. 

This actually interesting as the casualties predicted has actually increased over the past couple weeks.

Something like 80k deaths is on the order of world war 1. It's pretty incredible when put into perspective.

Edited by iCenozoic

1 hour ago, Hassu93 said:

As expected that large Muslim gathering which happened in India turns out to be a bio bomb. My state has recorded 45 cases from people who visited that gathering alone today. And my state is like 2000km away from Delhi.

This event alone is expected to lead to 1000s of death and huge number of infections all because some of our fellow Muslims never took this issue seriously.

Here is something in detail about this event and it's consequences

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-Asia-India-52104753

7 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

Talk to each other now encompasses online discussions such as this one. :party:

@ShiaChat ModIf I may, ShiaChat broke down for about 24 hours or so and most people could not post (excluding admins and green persons). I want to congratulate you all for bringing it back up. Being honest I also request to express just a little bit of disappointment, you guys could have posted something like "we know its broken, hang in there!" or extend your acknowledgement in the chat room at least once when a few times me and others tried to indicate the problem. Anyway, good job. Hope ShiaChat will be better prepared next time. Especially now when social interactions is most needed.

28 minutes ago, The Green Knight said:

you guys could have posted something like "we know its broken, hang in there!"

:sign_sorry: 

I did not even know it was down. I know I got a 404 message once in the last day, but soon afterwards it was ok.

20 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

:sign_sorry: 

I did not even know it was down. I know I got a 404 message once in the last day, but soon afterwards it was ok.

It is alright respected brother. I know you always mean well and try your level best and I could feel that we would have to wait a bit more before someone in authority will realize the problem. I called repenter but I think he is all tied up especially now due to the pandemic.

l Iooked at WorldOMeters at mid-day.

ltaIy has 12k+ deaths

In several EU countries, nursing homes are a disaster.

My Forecast: from tracking the news and numbers, l sadly project that lndonesia will be next week's epicenter of accelerated death rate.

On 3/31/2020 at 1:27 PM, hasanhh said:

l sadly project that lndonesia will be next week's epicenter of accelerated death rate.

100% agree with you. In some countries the government has their head in the sand but the people are alert and in others it's vice versa. In Indonesia ...

On 3/31/2020 at 2:53 PM, Haji 2003 said:

100% agree with you. In some countries the government has their head in the sand but the people are alert and in others it's vice versa. In Indonesia ...

From what l read back when, lndonesia was accused of being in denial before any other country/administration was. As such, reportedly they did next to nothing.

34 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

From what l read back when, lndonesia was accused of being in denial before any other country/administration was. As such, reportedly they did next to nothing.

And Indonesia has far greater links with China than Iran does.

The problem with developed countries is that Covid19 patients will overwhelm the health services and make them unusable. In developing countries the poor could not access health in the first place, so they'll die without much impact on anyone else.

That leaves the middle and upper classes; how many patients amongst those groups will there be relative to beds with ventilators or at least cpap devices?

Bio-Tech lnfo:   Abstract of 2018 article of CoV in mammals and mention of zoonosis

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/animal-health-research-reviews/article/bovinelike-coronaviruses-in-domestic-and-wild-ruminants/366DC622D4B2BE5E3534D1FC73

1 minute read.

NOTE:  Search by entering title "Bovinelike . . . ruminants". The author is Haitham Mohammed Amer, Dec2018

You can also try:  https://doi.org/10.1017/S1466252318000117 

Edited by hasanhh

2202GMT/1802EDT,Tuesday,31March2020

854,307 Confirmed Cases (+69,569)

42,016 Deaths  (+3,243)

176,906 Recoveries

635,385 Currently lnfected Patients of which 32,280 are Serious or Critical (+2,800)

C-19 is in 202 Countries and 2 lnt'l conveyances (Diamond Princess and MS Zaandam(Holland-Amerika Cruiselines)

Edited by hasanhh

1 hour ago, Triggered said:

so like is anyone contemplating death at this point? how’s everyone doing on that front? 

Made my will, but I haven't printed it out yet, because I don't have a printer; will have to ask a relative to print it for me. Then I need to find a notary who can verify the signatures of my two witnesses and myself. If I had done this last year, it would have been so much easier. Now it's difficult because people are not working and offices are closed. :sigh: 

11 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

Made my will,

Always a good idea. Inshallah you won't need it. You are young and female, so that reduces the probability. And if you are a fatty the lockdown should help with weight loss, so that will be another risk factor reduced.

In a public letter signed by around three-dozen politicians, including congresswoman Ilhan Omar, Mr. Sanders and Ms Ocasio-Cortez, called on the Trump administration to step in with humanitarian aid, rather than making a very bad situation worse.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/coronavirus-us-Iran-sanctions-bernie-sanders-ocasio-cortez-covid19-a9439651.html

Delhi event: It is important to mention that it was Tablighi Jama'at. They had around 3400 people in a mosque and hundreds of them were foreign nationals carrying disease. And upon that 1500 already left for other states spreading virus. Civic officials were already on war footing and these guys made situation even worse. This is without a doubt bio-terrorism.

When authorities came to take them to Hospitals they spat on officials. Such shameless people.

I can already see TablighiTerrorist and CoronaJihad trending. 

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/fir-registered-against-maulana-others/articleshow/74920881.cms

Got this from OANN (AIUI the channel is for people who think that Fox News is too liberal). I first heard of this channel in a Tweet I posted on the Poor Jokes forum where a politician said that he had heard on this channel (from a doctor) that putting a hair dryer in your mouth kills the virus.

Nine-out-of-ten Registered Voters (89%) are following news about the coronavirus either Very Closely (55%) or Somewhat Closely (34%). This is an extraordinary level of interest.

Eight-out-of-ten (81%) are concerned about the coronavirus. That total includes 40% who are Very Concerned.
*  Similar levels of concern are found in all demographic groups.

Twenty-nine percent (29%) have canceled travel plans due to the outbreak.
*  Younger voters are more likely than their elders to have canceled travel plans.

Seven percent (7%) say a close friend or family member has been diagnosed with the coronavirus.
*  This total includes 10% of those living in urban areas, 7% in the suburbs, and just 2% of rural voters.
*  This figure is much higher among young voters. Among those 55 and older, just 1% think they know someone who has been diagnosed with the virus.

Looking ahead, most voters express some optimism. Fifty-three percent (53%) believe that a month from now the Coronavirus will have been generally contained and things will have returned to normal.
*  On the other hand, 29% believe the Coronavirus outbreak will keep getting worse and infecting more people. Eighteen percent (18%) are not sure.
*  Sixty-five percent (65%) of Republicans expect it to be contained within a month. That view is shared by 48% of Democrats and 44% of other voters.

https://www.oann.com/survey/

“I want every American to be prepared for the hard days that lie ahead,” Trump told reporters at the White House. “We’re going to go through a very tough two weeks. This is going to be a very painful, very, very painful two weeks.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/31/Donald-Trump-coronavirus-briefing-painful-us-deaths

image.png

4 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

ility. And if you are a fatty the lockdown should help with weight loss,

[OFF TOPIC]  Hah! I wish

Since the lock down I have been trying all the recipes I had bookmarked. Yesterday when I felt stressed out I baked a few loaves of bread and a pizza. Today after finishing work I made 'sevaiyon ka zarda' (that's vermicelli cooked without milk), day before it was daal cooked in butter and parathas. 

21 minutes ago, starlight said:

[OFF TOPIC]  Hah! I wish

Since the lock down I have been trying all the recipes I had bookmarked. Yesterday when I felt stressed out I baked a few loaves of bread and a pizza. Today after finishing work I made 'sevaiyon ka zarda' (that's vermicelli cooked without milk), day before it was daal cooked in butter and parathas. 

We have a good amount of food, but there is a small possibility of food shortages, so pacing ourselves. And trying not to go to the shops very much. We have flour for baking, but keeping it in case supplies of loaves dry up in the shops.

14 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

And trying not to go to the shops very much. 

I haven't been shopping in three weeks. We used up all the bread we had so I thought I will bake some.Have plenty of lentils, meat and rice but almost out of vegetables and fruits except few potatoes and onion. I was debating whether it's worth going out for those or should we try and live on what we have which should be sufficient for another couple of weeks though I will need to be creative with food if I want the kids to eat properly. We are not forseeing food shortage in markets so I don't have to plan according to that. 

43 minutes ago, Reza said:

I’ve heard the opposite. People gaining weight.

Yes you are right that is the easier route.

But the situation can be managed in such a manner as to go in the other direction. For example fear of infection etc. could be used to inhibit takeout meals. And obviously restaurants are out and typically they would really pile on the calories. 

Where you use the lockdown as an excuse not to go out so much - it's a good excuse to eat well, but not binge.

I've been thinking about a blog post as to how this situation can be used to reset habits for the better.

Via email from the FT:

Here in South Korea, young people who are already at home are getting restless after almost two months of social distancing. The smartphone alerts that arrive several times a day warning of new cases in the vicinity no longer feel very alarming. Warmer weather and clear skies are making it harder to stay indoors.

That may explain why unlike most other countries — where the overall infection rates increase with age — the rate of infection for younger age groups are significantly higher in South Korea. The 20- to 29-year-old cohort has the highest infection rate of all groups, making up almost 30 per cent of total confirmed cases, more than double the rate of infection among people in their sixties. Most youngsters only get mild symptoms, which can make them casual about their infected status.

The renewed spread may cause virus mutations along the way. The 1918 flu pandemic, which also started in January, came back in a more contagious and destructive form in August after a short lull. More tests and lockdowns may be needed to stop that from happening again.