Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

COVID-19 - Breaking News [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Message added by Hameedeh

Information changes rapidly and some news reports can be unreliable. We appreciate participation during this pandemic, but some replies can be removed if inaccurate. This thread is ONLY for breaking news.

(Haji 2003) The following doc has comprehensive safety information: https://sourceful.co.uk/doc/583/faqs-on-protecting-yourself-from-aerosol-transmiss

• Veteran Member

@notme and @starlight , et alia:

After the extra hot meal and another 3 hours nap l feel a whole lot better. Slight upper sinus numbing, lungs clearer, vision almost normal. Best state in the last 6 days.

Thanks for your offers of help and advice.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My sister in-law recovered from corona and today, after staying in the hospital for a few days, she returned home.

إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ First British doctor to die https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8158969/GP-died-Southend-hospital-Essex-doctor-die-coronavirus.html We

What is the capacity if Iran so far in testing and controlling this disease? I am very worried about a friend in Tehran who seems to have some strange symptoms and has been asked to get tested fo

Posted Images

• Moderators
2 hours ago, hasanhh said:

l readd this past Winter that most recommendations about Vitamin C is hype --does little to no good.

Zinc helps though. 

Vitamin C deficiency is bad, but excess is just waste. 

• Moderators

@Haji 2003 Zinc has some antiviral action and has been proven to shorten the duration of common cold. It's effect on COVID 19 hasn't been studied obviously but since it has been shown to inhibit replication in other types of Corona viruses so there is a chance it could work against COVID 19 too.

To take it while lying down is to maximize the contact between zinc and virus. 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

Sepsis is a leading killer to begin with. lt is not anyway different when C0VlD-19 is the infection.

Hi, Hasanhh. As a registered nurse, I have been taught that sepsis is a deadly poisonous infection in the blood as a result of a bacterial infection, like pneumonia, that may follow a viral infection like corona virus. The elderly and people with chronic underlying health conditions are much more prone to develop pneumonia and sepsis than young strong healthy people who get sick from a virus like covid-19 or the flu.

• Veteran Member

Some related news..

Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesman Believes US Army Might Have Brought COVID-19 to Wuhan

https://sputniknews.com/Asia/202003131078553136-chinese-foreign-ministry-spokesman-believes-us-army-might-have-brought-covid-19-to-wuhan/

US Summons Chinese Envoy Over Claims That American Military Brought Coronavirus to Wuhan – Report

https://sputniknews.com/us/202003131078560778-us-summons-chinese-envoy-over-claims-that-American-military-brought-coronavirus-to-wuhan---official/

Iranian Supreme Leader Says Evidence Suggests That Coronavirus Outbreak is 'Biological Attack'

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/202003131078558782-iranian-supreme-leader-says-evidence-suggests-that-coronavirus-outbreak-is-biological-attack/

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
  • Veteran Member
3 hours ago, starlight said:

To take it while lying down is to maximize the contact between zinc and virus. 

How does a lower metabolic rate factor into this?

2 hours ago, Liggel said:

I see sepsis patients almost everyday. With Corona virus, the even greater concern is when patients go into ARDS (acute respiratory distress syndrome) and multi-organ failure. 

You're characterizing hypoxia?

1 hour ago, The Green Knight said:

Some related news..

Iranian Supreme Leader Says Evidence Suggests That Coronavirus Outbreak is 'Biological Attack'

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/202003131078558782-iranian-supreme-leader-says-evidence-suggests-that-coronavirus-outbreak-is-biological-at...

Other news media, like Bloomberg, are carrying the same story. LikeIy because a Chinese Foreign Ministry official posted the accusation. My only conclusion is that this is a cover-subject for an unannounced, contentious issue. Trump two days ago called Abe and discussed it.

• Forum Administrators

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammed Javad Zarif urged the UN to disregard “inhuman US sanctions” on the Islamic Republic amid the outbreak of deadly novel coronavirus in the country.

Zarif made the call in a letter sent to the head of the UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, the top Iranian diplomat said in a tweet late Friday.

http://english.almanar.com.lb/965219

Pakistan:

Qureshi said all public gatherings will need to be discouraged whether wedding parties or religious, social or political assemblies. “We think we could contain it with effective measures. We need to avoid all public gatherings.” Authorities also cancelled Pakistan’s largest annual Islamic religious gathering, the Tableeghi Jamaat, which attracts hundreds of thousands of people to the outskirts of the city of Lahore, and barred spectators from cricket league matches.

https://gulfnews.com/world/Asia/Pakistan/coronavirus-Pakistan-limits-flights-shuts-borders-schools-1.70386088

Meanwhile on the White House lawn, Mike Pence wishes the Earth would swallow him up. 43s

And bad news from China:

According to the message forwarded to Taiwan News, “It’s highly possible to get infected a second time. A few people recovered from the first time by their own immune system, but the meds they use are damaging their heart tissue, and when they get it the second time, the antibody doesn’t help but makes it worse, and they die a sudden death from heart failure.”

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3876197

• Veteran Member
16 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

l am not really surprised there is not more coverage of this 'outrage' by non-lRl media. They are all afraid of the big-bad-Trump and pogrom pompeo. Bush 43 suspended restrictions on lRl after the Bam Earthquake, yet here in in the midst of a pandemic, the US gov't is acting like a bunch of himmlerites -savage, arm-chaired killers. Restricting everything they can to advance the cause of satanism.

• Veteran Member
5 hours ago, The Green Knight said:

He actually said "some evidence this may be a bioattack..."

But they remove the 'may' from Iran's leader's original words, and kept 'might' for the Chinese spokesperson.

5 hours ago, The Green Knight said:

Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesman Believes US Army Might Have Brought

• Forum Administrators

but ...

However, the head of the University of Hong Kong's Centre for Infection, Dr. Ho Pak-leung, said there is no data anywhere in the world proving the effectiveness and accuracy of such tests which claim to show results for the coronavirus within a short period of time. 

He said they could be used for research purposes, but he wouldn't recommend using them for an actual diagnosis. 

Ho said it might take several weeks for patients to develop antibodies in their blood after being infected. He noted that universities, hospitals and health authorities are not using blood samples to check for the novel coronavirus, but instead test saliva or sputum.

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/component/k2/1513995-20200312.htm?spTabChangeable=0

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

Might and may are the same meaning; it is possible.

Suggesting that it is the case, is something else. 

Opens the doors to conspiracy. I don't understand this coming from leaders, what is the benefit in this. We know it is from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and He is also the one who will remove it if He (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) wills.

Upon me has come down, My Lord,
something whose weight burdens me
and upon me has fallen
something whose carrying oppresses me.

Through Thy power
Thou hast brought it down upon me
and through Thy authority
Thou hast turned it toward me.

None can send away what Thou hast brought,
none can deflect what Thou hast turned,
none can open what Thou hast closed, none can close what Thou hast opened,
none can make easy what Thou hast made difficult,
none can help him whom Thou hast abandoned.

• Veteran Member

Warning :    :fever:  Put your drinks and whatever off to the side.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-draegerwerk-ventil/germany-italy-rush-to-buy-life-saving-ventilators-as-manufacturers-warn-of-shortages-idUSKBN210362 

Sometime yesterday, a health official said "short" with "ventilators" and 100,000. What l didn't catch was if this is my home state or a larger geographic area.

OPINE:  Nanny Pelousy, Trump and all cannot work to promote emergency production.  Also, l looked up the manufactures of this single item of equipment and found that half-the-global-market is filled by 5 manufacturers. Only three are based in the US: GE, Becton-Dickinson and ResMed.

And one example of this:  https://khn.org/morning-breakout/u-s-hospitals-don’t-have-enough-ventilators-icu-beds-to-care-for-surge-of-coronavirus-cases/

My father said he read somewhere that corona virus can spread through the air as well, I didn’t find and evidence, did anyone heard anything about it?

• Forum Administrators
43 minutes ago, Diaz said:

My father said he read somewhere that corona virus can spread through the air as well, I didn’t find and evidence, did anyone heard anything about it?

Here's one answer:

However, misting sanitizer in the air or on the street is likely ineffective, because the virus isn't airborne and people don't touch the street that often.

The coronavirus mainly travels person to person through saliva and mucus droplets, not through tiny particles in the air.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-sanitation-disinfection-around-the-world-in-photos-2020-3?r=US&IR=T

• Moderators

As a recluse, I've been "social distancing" for the past ten years. If anyone needs advice for how to be a happy hermit, hit me up. 

None of this quarantine stuff changes anything in my life, except the kids are home from school and it's not summer. 

• Veteran Member
10 minutes ago, notme said:

As a recluse, I've been "social distancing" for the past ten years. If anyone needs advice for how to be a happy hermit, hit me up. 

None of this quarantine stuff changes anything in my life, except the kids are home from school and it's not summer. 

As an introvert, I have been forced to live like an extrovert for past few years. I was thinking that now all these extroverts will have to live like introverts, they will realize how difficult it is to go against your nature. 

2 hours ago, Abu Nur said:

Opens the doors to conspiracy. I don't understand this coming from leaders, what is the benefit in this. We know it is from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and He is also the one who will remove it if He (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) wills.

I am amazed by some people who just REFUSE to believe certain things.

They have released this as a biological weapon! If you are not sure about it, ok but why insist that is this a natural disease and " from God " ?

The Supreme Leader of the Islamic Republic of Iran. Go read what he said and be humble. There is so much evidence and related facts that make all this more understandable and give it even more support. 

And what if it " opens the door to conspiracy "? Who says they are not conspiring against humanity, let alone Muslims, let alone Shia's , let alone the best Islamic and the only Shia state in the world? The one who has been defeating the Global Arrogance since 41 years ago

I can say more and give (more) evidence but right now I will not 

• Veteran Member

l just got back from the store.

l went at normal opening time and the store was closed until 11A.M. So l get back there about 11:10. The parking lot was all but totally full. l talked to one man on the way in and he said there were about 50 people in line down the front of the building when he got there.

Going in, l got two items for my little sister and four for myself. Then stood in line for about 25 minutes. There were three check-out lines going with about 25-30 carts in each line. l was talking to one woman and she figured it was because the parents need to have 3 weeks of food-for-the-kids now that school is closed. l said l wondered if people were afraid the trucks will stop running. And several companies are doing short-term layoffs. 

l noticed all the flour was gone and half the pallet of sugar. The breads aisle was pretty much cleaned out. The store had item limits posted on the door, so there was no hoarding l could see.

Easter is still a month off, so the holiday shouldn't be a factor.

Any other ideas on why the buy-ups?

1 hour ago, Diaz said:

Salam it doesn’t spread through air but you must keep away from others about 1.5 to 2 meters for avoiding spreading it through coughing also it’s best time for Muslims to practice not shaking hands with others in public like putting hand on chest instead of handshaking .:grin:

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

I am amazed by some people who just REFUSE to believe certain things.

I am amazed by people who so easily believe in things that have no sufficient proof or at all.

They have released this as a biological weapon! If you are not sure about it, ok but why insist that is this a natural disease and " from God " ?

It doesn't matter, everything is from God. God created it, God allowed to spread it and God heals, wake up people trough it or He punish or Reward by taking the lives, and everyone shall return to Him.

And what if it " opens the door to conspiracy "? Who says they are not conspiring against humanity, let alone Muslims, let alone Shia's , let alone the best Islamic and the only Shia state in the world? The one who has been defeating the Global Arrogance since 41 years ago

Because it will blur the human faculty of reasoning. It is absolute pointless.

I can say more and give (more) evidence but right now I will not 

Please not. Let's pray and fight this virus instead using our valuable time for conspiracy nonsense.

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Abu Nur said:

it will blur the human faculty of reasoning

It's a double edge sword. Exactly like the way excessive insistence on conspiracy theories blur straight reasoning, excessive rejection of possibilities and labeling them as 'conspiracy theories' (hence only worthy of automatic and outright rejection) will blur human capacity of analysis.

I don't believe talking about different possibilities would blur anything, in fact, overreaction to and default rejection of these talks will blur everything.

• Forum Administrators
15 hours ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

corona is us made bio weapon 

I'm afraid there is some onus on you to back this up. Otherwise it simply remains a belief of yours.

To move it beyond that, you'd need to bring the evidence as to why it may not be an entirely natural virus. And if it exists evidence that suggests a specific country may be involved.

I don't have information about the these.

I find it 'noteworthy' that so many senior Iranians have been affected. And I suspect it could be foul play. I think it is plausible that people with animus towards the IRI could easily have taken a naturally occurring virus and simply spread it in locations where such officials were likely to be.  But that's just me raising the possibilities.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, mesbah said:

I don't believe talking about different possibilities would blur anything, in fact, overreaction to and default rejection of these talks will blur everything.

Or overreaction to an default acceptance. We can talk all the day or night, what matter is valid proof that have no may's.

• Moderators

I find it 'noteworthy' that so many senior Iranians have been affected. And I suspect it could be foul play. I think it is plausible that people with animus towards the IRI could easily have taken a naturally occurring virus and simply spread it in locations where such officials were likely to be.  But that's just me raising the possibilities.

Or it just spread because of the lack of good management.  Unfortunate this happened also here in Finland and many countries in Europe.