In the Name of God بسم الله

COVID-19 - Breaking News [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Guest window
Message added by Hameedeh

Information changes rapidly and some news reports can be unreliable. We appreciate participation during this pandemic, but some replies can be removed if inaccurate. This thread is ONLY for breaking news.

(Haji 2003) Safety information: https://sourceful.co.uk/doc/583/faqs-on-protecting-yourself-from-aerosol-transmiss

The Holy Prophet had given this dua'a to his daughter with instruction that whoso recites it daily, in the morning and evening, remains safe from fever

https://www.duas.org/pdfs/noor.pdf

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, starlight said:

The poisoning was caused by "rumours that drinking alcohol can be effective in treating coronavirus," Ali Ehsanpour said.

1 hour ago, mesbah said:

why there were no rumors about bleach? that is also effective in fighting coronavirus.

Here is a real crazy one:  Jim Bakker and Silver Sol(sun)). someonee l know got into this for their diabetes a decade ago. Now it is corona:    https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-televangelist-jim-bakker-silver-solution-coronavirus 

This stuff is a silver solution ---yeah, a real AgCompound.

Edited by hasanhh
link correction

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Here is a real crazy one:  Jim Bakker and Silver Sol(sun)). someonee l know got into this for their diabetes a decade ago. Now it is corona:    https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-televangelist-jim-bakker-silver-solution-coronavirus 

He's under an injunction to stop selling and advertising his snake oil. 

• Forum Administrators
1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

The article says:

"Let's say it hasn't been tested on this strain of the coronavirus," Sellman, a naturopathic doctor, is quoted as saying, "but it's been tested on other trains of the coronavirus and has been able to eliminate it within 12 hours."

They don't sound the sort of people who'd be too fussy about how the tests were carried out, even if they were.

5 hours ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

Vietnam isn't a communist country? By the way you said previously that you had more trust in doctors than in politicians. I found that in some paradoxal when just yesterday I saw on media that a doctor had been accused to rape more than 200 hundreds children. It looks like in every profession you will find criminals and incompetents. 

Vietnam is a communist authoritarian regime, but it was competent in its response to this virus. Both can be true.

Of course we should trust doctors more on health issues than politicians. This is their profession lol and this is a public health crisis. I don't see the relevance of your example lol, it seems common sense to refer to specific experts in specific fields, like lawyers for legal issues, and civil engineers for building issues etc..

On 3/9/2020 at 12:22 PM, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

Pretty weak to keep using the laugh emote, then explain because it is "nonsense" but then not even specifying what is the nonsense after being asked about it.. 

The nonsense is garbage conspiracy theories and only looking at the world through a geopolitical lense.

As if plagues and diseases haven't existed since the beginning of humanity.

Not everything is a result of "planning". Some things are natural, like earthquakes, floods and even disease.

It seems strange to me that some would live in a paranoid world where the enemy is always responsible for every wrong that happens. 

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, mesbah said:

It's around 21% in Italy

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/28574129/

And around 12.5%(?) in Iran

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3481682/

Maybe this is based on movies?

I always assumed Iran had a lot of smokers. I wonder if it depends on the region. I always see films and videos of people in Tehran smoking heavily in cafes, etc.

Guest Covid2020
On 3/9/2020 at 3:30 PM, mesbah said:

All decision makers across globe are stupid and we SCers are the smart ones?! Doesn't make that much sense.

It's a dilemma. What if Corona kills 1m worldwide, but collapse of economies, panic and shortage of supplies kill 2m?

Besides, there is no guarantee these measures would stop Corona, but they definitely kill the economy. At the end of the day, all you get is a dead economy only, because the threat of Corona is still there even with these measures.

All countries in the world will suffer but Iranian economy is will be in the worst shape ever.

The Iranian economy is already dead. With the corona virus it will be buried. Whether we like it or not. This is a fact which will hit hard after Iran claims victory over corona virus.

Iran will be next after China in corona virus as it is nearing the Iranian Newyear. 

So the Coronavirus will be spreading in extreme speed until beginning of Ramadan.

probably it will slow down after Ramadan which is end of May. 

Guest Mirror mirror
1 hour ago, Sumerian said:

The nonsense is garbage conspiracy theories and only looking at the world through a geopolitical lense.

As if plagues and diseases haven't existed since the beginning of humanity.

Not everything is a result of "planning". Some things are natural, like earthquakes, floods and even disease.

It seems strange to me that some would live in a paranoid world where the enemy is always responsible for every wrong that happens. 

Some people/nations can never look at themselves in the mirror...

• Veteran Member
34 minutes ago, Guest Covid2020 said:

Iranian economy is will be in the worst shape ever

as a matter of fact, some believe due to long standing sanctions, Iran's economy has become more immune to these conditions, in comparison to many other countries in the region that rely on easy imports for their daily bread.

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Sumerian said:

live in a paranoid world

why can't you differentiate between two things: 1-coronavirus (which is natural) and 2-its press coverage (which can be filled with psychological warfare)
some measure taken by Iran and China is denialism and cover-up, by the same measure taken by American CDC is just a standard reaction to prevent public panic.
England continue its direct flights to China is all normal and scientific and ignored by BBC Persian, but it's been days that very BBC persian points fingers at Iranian government for not stopping the flights from China (in a very sensational propaganda, first shows clips of dead bodies and people suffering, then immediately showing authorities who did not stop flights and other ways of vulture-like acts on Iranian dead bodies.) clear examples of psychological warfare and if you ask me, this one (double standard press coverage worldwide) is not conspiracy theory, it is plain conspiracy. 

• Veteran Member
On 3/5/2020 at 9:40 AM, MartyS said:

I don't think so. Being sick means we need a doctor. Jesus said He didn't come for those who are well, but for those who are sick. Job said, "Shall we receive good from God and not receive evil?" Apparently, when Jesus went through His sufferings for me, the people accused Him of being "smitten by God" as punishment. But He wasn't ashamed to suffer for me.

Yes, it was a rhetorical question.

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, Silas said:

I always assumed Iran had a lot of smokers. I wonder if it depends on the region. I always see films and videos of people in Tehran smoking heavily in cafes, etc.

I have spent my whole life in Tehran and I rarely see people smoking. At least, it is not common among those who have been around me.

• Veteran Member

OPINE:  Somewhere yesterday l heard a doctor say that we are already "behind" in the math(statistics) and a Govvernor today, the 10th, said we should be focused on where we are going to be instead of testing for where we were. :clap:<--editorial applause for that Governor.

Unlike the Congress' $8.5 Billion in almost entirely for-the-hogs-at-the-trough appropriations, what voices emergnig are saying we need is the machinery necessary for an influx of millions of respiratory interventions that will be necessary this Spring/and likely Summer for the 3+ strains of seasonal flu, the 2+ strains of the C0VlD-19 cluster plus whatever else develops. Masks are not a benchmark anymore than test-kit-swabs.

Guest and?Monad
On 3/10/2020 at 9:24 AM, Guest Covid2020 said:

All countries in the world will suffer but Iranian economy is will be in the worst shape ever.

and what exactly is your point?. 195 countries and  what evidence do you have that Iran will be the worst hit?. https://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/countries-by-gdp/

USA is 211

Iran is 184.

On 3/10/2020 at 9:26 AM, Guest Mirror mirror said:

Some people/nations can never look at themselves in the mirror...

and what exactly is your point?. Bring out something that is tangible to discuss.

On 3/10/2020 at 8:19 AM, Sumerian said:

and what exactly is your point?

Check out the guy named Russianvids on YT, I guess everything is just random....... But you are right about one thing. None of us were planned, we are just accidents of our parents whims and so too of those who had and will have childrens.

• Veteran Member

0115hrsGMT,Wed,11Mar/-/2115hrsEDT,Tues ,10March2020

119,176 Confirmed Cases

66,617 Recoveries

4,295 Deaths (+270) 22 in China, 168 in ltaIy and 54 in lRl

48,264 Currently lnfected of which 6,047 are Serious or Critical 

1st Case in Turkey, Panama and Mongolia

1st Death Morocco (Casablanca, 89 year-old); Lebanon (returnee from Egypt)

• Forum Administrators
1 hour ago, Rachii85 said:

It's all over reddit and other news sites

It might be all over reddit, but as I posted on your other thread, I can only find a reference on 2 news sites, one Israeli and one Turkish.

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Haji 2003 said:

It might be all over reddit, but as I posted on your other thread, I can only find a reference on 2 news sites, one Israeli and one Turkish.

l did find the Turkish one (no matter) but several lsraeIi media are reporting the same. So, likely, the US must know he is or they're doing another nefarious deed.

16 hours ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

Why?

Because statements are not proof.

This is not the case, just a realistic aware lens. Proof your statement.

Paranoia is different from realism. Being paranoid means attributing to your enemy planning of any wrongdoing or negativity towards you, without concrete hard evidence. 

That doesn't mean there are no such things as biological weapons, and efforts to make diseases/viruses in labs. The money is there, the willpower of these vicious groups is there, and it is scientifically possible. 

That biological weapons exist is not proof that coronavirus is a biological attack. Even the Chinese, the supposed "victims" of this attack, reject this claim, and any other conspiracy theory, and instead say it is likely the virus came from an animal.

They are currently running tests to find out which animal it was.

You would think China, possibly a superpower, would call out a biological attack on its own land and country. lol

It is unislamic to just say things without knowledge, and you are here speaking with all certainty that the virus is a bioweapon. Stop being paranoid.

16 hours ago, mesbah said:

why can't you differentiate between two things: 1-coronavirus (which is natural) and 2-its press coverage (which can be filled with psychological warfare)
some measure taken by Iran and China is denialism and cover-up, by the same measure taken by American CDC is just a standard reaction to prevent public panic.
England continue its direct flights to China is all normal and scientific and ignored by BBC Persian, but it's been days that very BBC persian points fingers at Iranian government for not stopping the flights from China (in a very sensational propaganda, first shows clips of dead bodies and people suffering, then immediately showing authorities who did not stop flights and other ways of vulture-like acts on Iranian dead bodies.) clear examples of psychological warfare and if you ask me, this one (double standard press coverage worldwide) is not conspiracy theory, it is plain conspiracy. 

Why can't you read above and see that some of the people here are outright claiming this is a bioattack, as are state officials and state media in Iran.

Of course the enemies of Iran would create propaganda against it when it comes to dealing with the virus. This is natural in geopolitical affairs, countries would demonise other countries that they despise in any opportunity for geopolitical interests. And this can amount to psychological and intelligence warfare, absolutely.

My position is the world has largely been incompetent in dealing with the virus, including, the advanced countries. A select few countries have done a great job. But I can also see countries waking up, like Italy for example, and imposing strict measures until cases eventually decrease.

8 hours ago, Guest and?Monad said:

Check out the guy named Russianvids on YT, I guess everything is just random....... But you are right about one thing. None of us were planned, we are just accidents of our parents whims and so too of those who had and will have childrens.

Logical fallacy and misrepresentation. Bruv you have the funniest comments on these threads. 

• Forum Administrators

As I write this is the current advice being given by the UK health authorities, based on an online self-completion questionnaire. Even if someone says they have the symptoms of the virus I.e. they tick the yes box below - the authorities are NOT interested in seeing them.

The subsequent screen says that because the individual had said in answer to a previous question that they had not been abroad in the last 14 days, they need not trouble the health services.

Basically the government is assuming that community spread is not taking place. This approach also obviously means that cases are going unreported.

But according to the BBC, Iran seems to be the only country that under-reports.

Screenshot 2020-03-11 at 08.17.40.png

Screenshot 2020-03-11 at 08.17.52.png

• Veteran Member

@Everyone

Can we focus on the news related to the virus and constructive posts please? No one is interested in your political, racial, propagandist or other non-essential personal beliefs.

57 minutes ago, mesbah said:

like who? with reference?

The commander of the IRGC says coronavirus "may" be a biological attack on China and Iran:

https://ar.farsnews.ir/Iran/news/13981215000403

Although he did not confirm it is, I view him giving legitimacy to a conspiracy as dangerous. 

There is no evidence of a conspiracy, and as a state official he should say so.

What I also find dangerous is Iranian State media like PressTV giving legitimacy to this conspiracy theory.

• Veteran Member
7 hours ago, Sumerian said:

"may" 

so you believe a conspiracy is completely impossible, and nobody even has the right to talk about its possibility. good to know.

7 hours ago, Sumerian said:

no evidence

there's no evidence that it is a conspiracy and there is no evidence that it is impossible.

that's the point about psychological warfare. other people talked about the possibility too. but it is part of the psychological warfare in media to give a different picture of Iran, that Iran is the only country in which decision-makers are some paranoid, N Korea like freaks who don't know how to react to a natural disaster.

and no, I don't believe everything depends on competent governance in this issue, I don't believe that Vietnam and such countries have distinctively super competent governments that could stop the trouble, no there are many other elements at work.

• Forum Administrators

Iran:

Local health authorities have been announcing higher local numbers that do not match the official statistics, but it is not clear if there is a systematic cover-up, as opposed to different ways of measuring the same events.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/mar/11/coronavirus-update-live-news-uk-health-minister-italy-lockdown-Australia-us-china-stock-markets-outbreak-latest-updates

• Forum Administrators
On 3/10/2020 at 11:30 AM, notme said:

I found this interesting and informative article. @hasanhh and some others who like facts and figures might enjoy it.

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus

Scrolling down to the graph, it shows that over 113,927 people worldwide have been confirmed with Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19). Click on the drop down box to find the number from each country. 

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Sumerian said:

What I also find dangerous is Iranian State media like PressTV giving legitimacy to this conspiracy theory.

All bad things happen because of Amrika and Israel. Therefore it is mustahab to say marg bar.. after every wajib prayers.