Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sumerian

Declassified: US and UK support for Iranian crackdown in 80s

Rate this topic

The UK has declassified files which say that the MI6 and the CIA handed a list of "Soviet Agents" who belonged to the now banned Tudeh Party - the party of former PM Mossadegh - and that this was used to crackdown on those individuals.

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2020-01-21-how-britain-helped-irans-Islamic-regime-destroy-the-left-wing-opposition/

3 hours ago, Sumerian said:

The UK has declassified files which say that the MI6 and the CIA handed a list of "Soviet Agents" who belonged to the now banned Tudeh Party - the party of former PM Mossadegh - and that this was used to crackdown on those individuals.

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2020-01-21-how-britain-helped-irans-Islamic-regime-destroy-the-left-wing-opposition/

Like I said for the post about Mossadegh I would not be so shocked if that was true. We were in the context of cold war and communist were a real threat for the new establishment.

15 hours ago, Panzerwaffe said:

Afghan bandits against red army too

Salam they were Mujahedin under command of Martyre Ahmad Shah Masoud but Taliban as an ally against Red Army even in time of fighting with soviets was enemy of both groups that after defeat of Red Army they started their war against Mujahedin  but using ' Bandit ' term is just a generalization of all Afghan groups same as each other. 

image.jpeg.303398d9b70bf242e0d832c55c136e6e.jpeg  

@Emran_Feroz
دنبال کنید دنبال کردن @Emran_Feroz
بیشتر
Historic picture: Qasem Soleimani with Afghan Northern Alliance leader Ahmad Shah Massoud, 1993. I see people talking about Iraq, Syria, Libanon and Yemen but it's more than obvious that his death will affect Afghanistan as well.

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

^^^^ asa

brother Masood , hekmatyar , rabbani were all common criminals with private militias 

Only dostum supported Dr. najeebullah who represented the genuine govt in Kabul 

Yes some Afghans might be honorable fighters but most were horrible wretches [ inc hazara fighters] who tortured and raped Soviet soldiers 

8 hours ago, Panzerwaffe said:

^^^^ asa

brother Masood , hekmatyar , rabbani were all common criminals with private militias 

Only dostum supported Dr.... najeebullah who represented the genuine govt in Kabul 

Yes some Afghans might be honorable fighters but most were horrible wretches [ inc hazara fighters] who tortured and raped Soviet soldiers 

https://www.washingtoninstitute.org/policy-analysis/view/irans-afghan-shiite-fighters-in-Syria

https://web.archive.org/web/20170201192643/https://now.mmedia.me/lb/en/NewsReports/567310-afghanistan-arrests-Iran-official-for-recruiting-shiite-fighters

https://www.hrw.org/news/2017/10/01/Iran-afghan-children-recruited-fight-Syria

Interesting stuff.

Edited by iCenozoic

18 hours ago, Panzerwaffe said:

brother Masood

I only have respect for him not others ,anyway having private military is still common in Afghanistan & maybe Pakistan & India but I don't care until they are not a treat for Iran or serving Shia community but there is not real or strong evidence about how Hazara fighters faced with Soviet Soldiers except a bunch of rumors that spreads because of Pashton-Hazara conflict in Afghanistan that source of their conflicts returns to support of America & KSA from Pashtons against Hazara people that majority of them are Shia Muslims while Pashtuns highly affected by wahabists , even far right Zionists from Israel called Pashtuns as their 10th lost tribe that from 19th century this mass stated by Great Britain colonizer army that at era of Qajar dynasty separated Afghanistan from Iran & started Hazara-Pashtun divide in Afghanistan like as now they are behind Iran -Iraq conflict after creating current Iraq with eternal conflict of tribes & races & sects inside Iraq that nowadays they are seeking to extend it into Iran by supporting pan Arab & Kurd separatists in sought & west of Iran & a weak terrace of supporting Pan Turks by supporting country of Azerbaijan that is a great ally of Israel even more than Pan Kurds.

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

7 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

I only have respect for him not others ,anyway having private military is still common in Afghanistan & maybe Pakistan & India but I don't care until they are not a treat for Iran or serving Shia community but there is not real or strong evidence about how Hazara fighters faced with Soviet Soldiers except a bunch of rumors that spreads because of Pashton-Hazara conflict in Afghanistan that source of their conflicts returns to support of America & KSA from Pashtons against Hazara people that majority of them are Shia Muslims while Pashtuns highly affected by wahabists , even far right Zionists from Israel called Pashtuns as their 10th lost tribe that from 19th century this mass stated by Great Britain colonizer army that at era of Qajar dynasty separated Afghanistan from Iran & started Hazara-Pashtun divide in Afghanistan like as now they are behind Iran -Iraq conflict after creating current Iraq with eternal conflict of tribes & races & sects inside Iraq that nowadays they are seeking to extend it into Iran by supporting pan Arab & Kurd separatists in sought & west of Iran & a weak terrace of supporting Pan Turks by supporting country of Azerbaijan that is a great ally of Israel even more than Pan Kurds.

Any Afghan who fought against the red army was a barbarian that Much is clear

Afghan bandits for a long time terrorized the red army logistics by their shockingly vicious methods not respecting any rules of war

If ussr had stayed in Afghanistan for 30yrs they would have civilized them just as they did the other " stans"

Regarding rest of your post I'm not knowledgeable and rely on you , God knows best 

Edited by Panzerwaffe

8 minutes ago, Abu Nur said:

Impossible, must be false because quoting from washingtoninstitute and hrw.

Yeah, after googled around I can say it's a blatant lie. @iCenozoic

from hrw site:
image.png.da9fc0ede2ddf4a631657a753b09e593.png

Other sources say that he's like 17 years old.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:6ThGuq0kAHUJ:https://www.farsnews.com/news/13980801000594/%D8%AA%D8%AC%D9%84%DB%8C%D9%84-%D8%A7%D8%B2-%D8%AE%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%AF%D9%87-%DB%8C%DA%A9-%D8%B4%D9%87%DB%8C%D8%AF-%D9%84%D8%B4%DA%A9%D8%B1-%D9%81%D8%A7%D8%B7%D9%85%DB%8C%D9%88%D9%86-%DB%B1%DB%B8-%D8%B3%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%87%E2%80%8C%D8%A7%DB%8C-%DA%A9%D9%87-%D8%A8%D9%87-%D8%AD%D8%B6%D8%B1%D8%AA-%D9%82%D8%A7%D8%B3%D9%85-%D8%AA%D8%A3%D8%B3%DB%8C&client=firefox-b-d&hl=en&gl=de&strip=1&vwsrc=0

براساس این گزارش، شهید محمدحسین اکبری ۱۰ مرداد ۷۶ در ولایت غزنی افغانستان متولد و در تاریخ ۲۱ شهریور ۹۳ در سوریه به شهادت رسید.

93-76 = 17 years old

I'm sure they got no best treatment for refugees, there are many weaknesses in the government. But we also know it's not that bad as mainstream media tried to portray.

this very info is an example. the media say "Confirmed Cases of Child Soldiers (based on the writing on the epitaphs of the tombstones"
when you investigate, it's 17 years old.

Edited by 000

3 hours ago, Panzerwaffe said:

Any Afghan who fought against the red army was a barbarian that Much is clear

Afghan bandits for a long time terrorized the red army logistics by their shockingly vicious methods not respecting any rules of war

If ussr had stayed in Afghanistan for 30yrs they would have civilized them just as they did the other " stans"

Regarding rest of your post I'm not knowledgeable and rely on you , God knows best 

Wonder how it can be that much clear. 

Like saying all Germans who fought in IIIrd Reich were blood thirsty zombies.

21 minutes ago, 000 said:

I'm sure they got no best treatment for refugees, there are many weaknesses in the government. But we also know it's not that bad as mainstream media tried to portray.

this very info is an example. the media say "Confirmed Cases of Child Soldiers (based on the writing on the epitaphs of the tombstones"
when you investigate, it's 17 years old.

According to Islam a boy who is 17 years old is a man not a child. 

11 minutes ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

If not for Abu Nar saying that sarcastic thing (don't get me wrong, I am actually thankful for that), I think I would subconsciously accept that disinformation and hadn't done that crosscheck.

Edited by 000

42 minutes ago, realizm said:

Wonder how it can be that much clear. 

Like saying all Germans who fought in IIIrd Reich were blood thirsty zombies.

Germans were civilized people who gave the world a lot of wonderful personalities of science literature philosophy arts etc

Their army for the most part fought with distinction respecting the rules of war , apart from a handful of nazi criminals who were hanged after Nuremberg trials , rest were acquitted as they did not commit the crimes they were accused of 

9 minutes ago, Panzerwaffe said:

Germans were civilized people who gave the world a lot of wonderful personalities of science literature philosophy arts etc

Their army for the most part fought with distinction respecting the rules of war , apart from a handful of nazi criminals who were hanged after Nuremberg trials , rest were acquitted as they did not commit the crimes they were accused of 

I'm actually interested with  how come any Afghan who fought against the red army was a barbarian, considering there are so many factions in Afghanistan.

1 hour ago, 000 said:

I'm actually interested with  how come any Afghan who fought against the red army was a barbarian, considering there are so many factions in Afghanistan.

Generally their conduct and treatment of prisoners speak volumes 

Ofcourse there might be exceptions but I'm sure many of genghis ,atillas men apaches , sioux  were not so bad either but overwhelmingly they were well known for their atrocities 

When I said any Afghan I meant any warlord or leader like massoud 

That being said there are many great Afghans in history and even in the 70s to 90s many Afghans served loyally the legitimate govt in kabul

Edited by Panzerwaffe

3 hours ago, 000 said:

"Human Rights Watch was able to document three more cases, of a 17-year-old, a 15-year-old, and another 17-year-old, who were buried in Alborz, Tehran, and Isfahan provinces, respectively."

Your math appears to be correct. They list maybe 15-20 children, including several 16 year olds.

Edited by iCenozoic

7 hours ago, iCenozoic said:

"Human Rights Watch was able to document three more cases,

but they are not able to document that how much Yazidi children kidnapped & brainwashed (also brainwashing of Sunni children) by ISIS/DAESH  to make them suicidal Jihadis ,this report is a biased onesided report by flavor of human right & crocodile tear against Iran & any Shia that fought & martyred in war with ISIS for saving all humans such as Yazidid &Sunni children that kidnapped & brainwashed by ISIS/Daesh but nobody helped them until so called forced Afghan war children by Iran saved then then human right groups started accusing Iran & Shias to brutality against their loved ones from ISIS/Daesh.

:salam:

Declassified : Reports say 13-year-old Imam Hussein's (عليه السلام) nephew Qasim was sent to battlefield and died in Karbala. 

Not meaning to ignore today's configuration but are we sticking to our core values and models, or are we revering them just out of culture ?

5 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

but they are not able to document that how much Yazidi children kidnapped & brainwashed (also brainwashing of Sunni children) by ISIS/DAESH  to make them suicidal Jihadis ,this report is a biased onesided report by flavor of human right & crocodile tear against Iran & any Shia that fought & martyred in war with ISIS for saving all humans such as Yazidid &Sunni children that kidnapped & brainwashed by ISIS/Daesh but nobody helped them until so called forced Afghan war children by Iran saved then then human right groups started accusing Iran & Shias to brutality against their loved ones from ISIS/Daesh.

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2017/11/cubs-lions-isil-child-soldiers-171109125013897.html

There are many reports on IS child soldiers as well.

9 hours ago, realizm said:

:salam:

Declassified : Reports say 13-year-old Imam Hussein's (عليه السلام) nephew Qasim was sent to battlefield and died in Karbala. 

Based on that analogy, one could suggest that even 6 month old babies are to be taken and involved in war? Obviously not.

Karbala was under the direct Imama of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) in a clear path and a clear battle. 

That is not to be mixed up or even compared with current geo political proxy wars and battlefronts that could or could not be in the path of Haqq. Regardless of whether such 'religious' justifications are used or not.

If you remove the 'religious' element from what's happening, here's what's evident: 

They have been using 'underage/under18/child soldiers' to further their geopolitical goals, just like others have also used child soldiers to further their geopolitical goals. 

21 hours ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

Let's try NOT using 'religion' to justify this. 

1 hour ago, Moalfas said:

Based on that analogy, one could suggest that even 6 month old babies are to be taken and involved in war? Obviously not.

Karbala was under the direct Imama of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) in a clear path and a clear battle. 

That is not to be mixed up or even compared with current geo political proxy wars and battlefronts that could or could not be in the path of Haqq. Regardless of whether such 'religious' justifications are used or not.

If you remove the 'religious' element from what's happening, here's what's evident: 

They have been using 'underage/under18/child soldiers' to further their geopolitical goals, just like others have also used child soldiers to further their geopolitical goals. 

Let's try NOT using 'religion' to justify this. 

I just said a fact. Now if you don't like that it is not my problem. By the way I don't really care if other nations have other definitions of what is an adult. A boy when he is 17 is considered as a man according to Islam. Take attention to what Islam say not what kuffars said. 

17 minutes ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

I just said a fact. Now if you don't like that it is not my problem. By the way I don't really care if other nations have other definitions of what is an adult. A boy when he is 17 is considered as a man according to Islam. Take attention to what Islam say not what kuffars said. 

Easy tiger! What's with the aggression? 

I believe it's you who should 'Take attention' as you try to justify child soldiers with 'religion'. 

Such justification would require extremely high standards of clear and absolute Haqq.

Not in a case like this when Haqq and Baatil are so intermingled geopolitically and used and abused to serve agendas. 

6 minutes ago, Moalfas said:

Easy tiger! What's with the aggression? 

I believe it's you who should 'Take attention' as you try to justify child soldiers with 'religion'. 

Such justification would require extremely high standards of clear and absolute Haqq.

Not in a case like this when Haqq and Baatil are so intermingled geopolitically and used and abused to serve agendas. 

I am not at all agressive. I just said that what you called "child soldier" are not children according to Islam. 

Even besides the age groups of it's recruits, which you are trying to justify,

Every battle or war needs absolute Haqq justifications 'according to Islam'. 

19 hours ago, iCenozoic said:

all of them reported after defeating ISIS by so called Afghan child soldiers through Iran but when ISIS/Daesh was in power nobody except them cared about ISIS child soldiers but when ISIS /Daesh was in brink of defeat suddenly all of media stated to care about child soldiers  in both sides to condemn Iran & support ISIS/Daesh to stop war in favor of ISIS /Daesh .

Edited by Ashvazdanghe