Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ejaz

Christians, Jews, Hindus are Muslims?

Rate this topic

Salaam Alaykum 

I was listening to the below lecture by respected Dr.. Sekaleshfar, and what I derived (I could be wrong) is that the words Christian, Jew, Muslim, Hindu are all only labels and that people could be raised as different religions in the Day of Resurrections.

So my question is how can a "Christian" or "Hindu" (by name) be Muslim if they do not accept the kalma (LailahaillaAllah Muhammadar rasoolullah). Even if they accept that "there is no one worthy of worship except God" (the first part) how will they accept "Muhammad is the messenger of God" (the second part) when they are following 'Isa ibn Maryam (عليه السلام) or Krishna and not Muhammad Ibn Abdullah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). They may have not even heard of him (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)!

Wsalam

2 hours ago, Ejaz said:

Salaam Alaykum 

I was listening to the below lecture by respected Dr..... Sekaleshfar, and what I derived (I could be wrong) is that the words Christian, Jew, Muslim, Hindu are all only labels and that people could be raised as different religions in the Day of Resurrections.

So my question is how can a "Christian" or "Hindu" (by name) be Muslim if they do not accept the kalma (LailahaillaAllah Muhammadar rasoolullah). Even if they accept that "there is no one worthy of worship except God" (the first part) how will they accept "Muhammad is the messenger of God" (the second part) when they are following 'Isa ibn Maryam (عليه السلام) or Krishna and not Muhammad Ibn Abdullah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). They may have not even heard of him (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)!

Wsalam

1) There is outward following and inward following.  The outward following amongst people varies due to the different  “Laws” from the “124,000 Prophets”.  “Laws” or “Shariah” has two meanings, one  specific and one broad.  The specific meaning of “Shariah” is that which is used within a very limited context (this is the usual context most Muslims use this word within), namely “fiqh” or “legal rulings”.  But  “Shariah has a broader meaning which means everything about a given form of a religion that makes it unique (for example, in the case of Islam, we mean, the Qur'an, The Sayings of Muhammad, the Religious Rites etc...  all this go to make up the “Shariah“ or “Law”).  So, these Laws are various due to the 124,000 Prophets.  Therefore, the outward following of these Prophet (S) are also different.

2) But there is also an inward following.  This is called “Sincerity” of which essential Virtues are based (like Humility, Vigilance, Contentment, Compassion, and Truthfulness. This word “Sincerity” (Ikhlas), is inseparable from Authentic  Awareness of God as the One Absolute Truth.  This Absolute Truth leaves no room for any separative entity to exist and to act.  This is why Sincerity (based on giving oneself absolutely to the Absolute) are all the virtues mentioned above. Now, the kernel of the message of Muhammad (S) and all other Prophets is precisely this Sincerity (this Total Awareness of God as Absolute).  This is why we do not distinguish between any of the Prophets (S) because they all came with this essential message of The One Absolute Truth (tawhid).  The differences, however, only come at the level of the laws which are the various ways of outwardly following the Prophets.  

I hope this makes sense dear brother.  If you need further elaboration please let me know.  

so, if one is a Hindu, he can be a Muslim inasmuch as he recognizes this Absolute Truth and has given himself absolutely to It.  If this Hindu is Sincere and Virtuous he is a Muslim.  Most outwardly practicing “Muslims” criticize Hindus for being idol worshipping and not knowing Tawhid.  But, this criticism is either based on ignorance of the Hindu religion, or is based on their own limited understanding of their very own religion.  It is usually the latter.  Most of those who criticize are not themselves sincere and do not have true recognition of God.  

May God make us amongst the sincere ones.  Ameen! 

thanking you

ethereal

Edited by eThErEaL

2 hours ago, Ejaz said:

So my question is how can a "Christian" or "Hindu" (by name) be Muslim if they do not accept the kalma (LailahaillaAllah Muhammadar rasoolullah).

When it comes to questions of this nature, I always refer back to a saying of Imam Ali (عليه السلام)...

https://www.al-Islam.org/nahjul-balagha-part-2-letters-and-sayings/letter-53-order-malik-al-ashtar

"Remember, Maalik, that amongst your subjects there are two kinds of people: those who have the same religion as you have; they are brothers to you, and those who have religions other than that of yours, they are human beings like you. Men of either category suffer from the same weaknesses and disabilities that human beings are inclined to, they commit sins, indulge in vices either intentionally or foolishly and unintentionally without realizing the enormity of their deeds. Let your mercy and compassion come to their rescue and help in the same way and to the same extent that you expect Allah to show mercy and forgiveness to you".

Also, remember that we often conflate the term "Muslim" as a follower of Islam. In actuality, the term "Muslim" means "The one who submits to the will of God", so based on that definition Muslim doesnt mean "a follower of Islam" only.

Ws,

Christians, Jews, Hindus are Muslim?

No! Is the answer.

Christians are Christians

Jews are Jews

Hindus are Hindus

Muslims are Muslims.

To keep is simple. Christians, Jews and Muslims are people of the book. So, yes, we are similar from that perspective.

In regards to Hindus, well, even Christians are scratching their heads, perplexed, confused, " how..how many Gods?" Lol 

23 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

so, if one is a Hindu, he can be a Muslim inasmuch as he recognizes this Absolute Truth and has given himself absolutely to It.  If this Hindu is Sincere and Virtuous he is a Muslim.  Most outwardly practicing “Muslims” criticize Hindus for being idol worshipping and not knowing Tawhid.  But, this criticism is either based on ignorance of the Hindu religion, or is based on their own limited understanding of their very own religion.  It is usually the latter.  Most of those who criticize are not themselves sincere and do not have true recognition of God.  

This is potentially very problematic from a real-world perspective.

There is a lot of pressure on certain groups of Indian Muslims to convert/revert to Hinduism. The argument that actually it's the same thing would simply aid that process and it's not one we would agree with.

1 hour ago, Haji 2003 said:

The argument that actually it's the same thing.

The argument does not say they are the same thing.  :)  

By the way, following inwardly means not to follow your desires, not to allow yourself to be pressured by external forces.  

:)