Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Kavkazec

Jafari Madhab in Fiqh and in Aqeeda

Rate this topic

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barkatuh,

I am a Sunni Muslim and I am interested in the Shia. As I know in Sunni Islam it is possible to follow the hanafi Madhab in fiqh but for example the athari aqeeda instead of the maturidi aqeeda, or the hanbali madhab fin fiqh and the ashari aqeeda instead of athari. I read from the Sunni institute Al-Azhar that for a Sunni it is allowed to follow the jafari Madhab. Related to the listed information I have some questions, on which I would be thankful to learn the answers from a Shia perspective.

1)Is it possible to follow the jafari madhab in fiqh but to stay Sunni in aqeeda at the same time?

2)Is it possible to believe in Imamah but to follow one of the Sunni madhabs in fiqh at the same time?

Thank you for the opportunity to ask my questions.

Wa salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

23 hours ago, Kavkazec said:

1)Is it possible to follow the jafari madhab in fiqh but to stay Sunni in aqeeda at the same time?

2)Is it possible to believe in Imamah but to follow one of the Sunni madhabs in fiqh at the same time?

The first hadith of Bukhari book is that the Actions are based on niyat. If you do accept the Shia faith then you should follow the Shia practices to be a Shia ie follower of the Ahl albayat (عليه السلام) of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), unless you intend to hide the belief because of some danger for him for life or his survival.

Edited by Muslim2010

10 hours ago, Kavkazec said:

If you accept Imamah in aqeedah then you must follow the fiqh of the Imams...