Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
GloryOfReligion

Did the Shia Muslims at the time of the crusades really conspire with the Christians?

Rate this topic

Salam Alaykum brothers and sisters!

A very common Nasibi allegation that I’ve been hearing quite often for some time, is that the Shia Muslims of the Medieval period conspired with the Crusaders against Saladin (LA) and the Ottoman Empire? Is this allegation truthful, if so why? Or is this just another Nasibi lie!

Please answer with an explanation and preferably with some evidence.

JazakAllahu khayran. 

7 minutes ago, Aale Mohammed said:

Walykum Salam

Yes. Shias even attempted to kill Saladin. That's because he himself was severely anti-Shia. 

I know he was and I know about the many atrocities that he (LA) committed, but that doesn’t excuse working together with the kuffar in order to get back at him. (LA) If the crusaders were successful, Al Quds would be in the hands of the Christians and it would be due to the actions of the Shia Muslims. Do you have any evidence by the way, brother?

:salam:

Taking into account the great number of alliances between all the belligerents of that time, it is quite an easy job to prove a so called treacherousness of the Shia by some alliances between the Ismaili Caliphate and the Crusaders. 

Had the history gone another way, you would not hear that some Seljuk vizir had also plotted against his brother/cousin by siding with some group of Francs in order to overthrow him. Yet it did happen. 

Individuals and groups conspired with the infidels throughout history. It's not confined to just Shia. Sunni , wahabi etc

I'm zaidi but some of the guys that claimed Imamat sound like sell outs.

don’t judge the followers it's who we follow.

We follow Imam Ali, whereas others say Muawiya was equal to him. That speaks volumes

Edited by Warilla

The Shias that conspired with the Crusaders were an off shoot of the ismalis called the assassins. Also the Shias Salahidin fought were in Egypt and they were Ismalis not 12ers. They were a heratic branch of the Fatimid Ismalis, who were rulers of Egypt at the time, also Salahadin was a follower of the Shaf'I School.

2 hours ago, KarbalaWarrior said:

The Shias that conspired with the Crusaders were an off shoot of the ismalis called the assassins. Also the Shias Salahidin fought were in Egypt and they were Ismalis not 12ers. They were a heratic branch of the Fatimid Ismalis, who were rulers of Egypt at the time, also Salahadin was a follower of the Shaf'I School.

I thought he was an extremist Sufi?

21 hours ago, GloryOfReligion said:

Salam Alaykum brothers and sisters!

A very common Nasibi allegation that I’ve been hearing quite often for some time, is that the Shia Muslims of the Medieval period conspired with the Crusaders against Saladin (LA) and the Ottoman Empire? Is this allegation truthful, if so why? Or is this just another Nasibi lie!

Please answer with an explanation and preferably with some evidence.

JazakAllahu khayran. 

There is no reason to doubt they didn't 

Why should they not[ Ismaili or other types of Shia] not collaborate against their Sunni oppressors?

Remember the Sunni sultans and caliphs persecuted all kinds of Shias 

That being said Shia govts in power had no problem in implementing the same kind of persecution against Sunnis 

I remember reading in places that the Sevener Shia did ally with certain Crusader factions at times. 

I do not recall however reading anywhere that the Twelver Shia did so. 

I also remember that Francis King of France (a catholic) was an ally of Soliman (a Sunni) against other catholics. Richelieu a catholic also supported protestants to rebel against hasburg catholics. So in short this is not at all a new thing and that happened quite often. Talking about this for criticizing a religion is quite immature and ridiculous. 

If you think blaming the Shia for crusades was funny you are going to love when you hear them blame us for the mongol invasion. They say we invited them. Then they will go on and say the Shia helped Britain occupy the subcontinent. Such people are always found making things up to spread lies.