Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Moalfas

Communication with Animals

Rate this topic

Throughout history, humans have been able to communicate with animals and form unique and beautiful bonds. 

What sort of communication do you have with your animals? If any. 

What sort of communication levels would you like to reach with an animal at one point? 

This video is an interesting and funny example: 

Fix your ears- Horse responds 

Bite him- Horse responds 

Get up! - Camel responds 

Go on jump - Kid goat jumps 

Come quick quick - Horse responds 

Tells horse to look at him and asks a question - Horse looks and nods

Blows - Horse blows back lol

52 minutes ago, starlight said:

Well they have gone from 

rps20200119_214905_955.jpg.5c205c8e4a35603aaf733435cd14d642.jpg

Wasn't this the one who enjoys books? 

Along they way they have been been given my spot on the bed when they were babies, read bedtime stories to, jumped in our laps demanding cuddles and back rubs(first time I have seen chickens doing this; rolls eyes).

@hasanhh - Chickens have feelings

I have faced interrogation over the quality of food I was buying for them, have addressed imagined health emergencies and now the blasted cockerel bit my Mum on the hand this morning!!! He dislikes everyone but my daughter, who vehemently defends all his bad behaviour accusing us all of not giving him enough affection as a reason behind his temper issues. 

Lol bless her heart 

Mum and I decided he was being sent away..... to the biryani pan,

You planned and Allah planned 

I do not understand her love for animals. 

Love for animals is an absolute blessing. 

Any suggestions how to communicate to a rowdy chicken to not bite the hand that's feeding him?? 

LOL 

Maybe try building a bond with him through non verbal communication. 

Just now, Sirius_Bright said:

And a small snake. 

And a sick bird appeared on my night stand one day

And a stray cat decided to leave her new born kitten in our kitchen.

9 minutes ago, Moalfas said:

Wasn't this the one who enjoys books?

Yes..the black one. 

11 minutes ago, Moalfas said:

You planned and Allah planned 

Indeed!

My mom made the mistake of placing some meat scraps on our kitchen window sill for a few days for some crows. Now if she does not place food they come and caw mercilessly saying some word that sounds like "Allah!" Over and over again until she gives in to their pressure and gives them food. Pigeons get plenty of food alhamdulillah but are not demanding.

I communicate pretty effectively with mice, roaches and lizards. I see them, I scream and run for dear life, and I assume they do too, because by the time someone comes to my rescue nobody sees them around. :dry:

12 minutes ago, habib e najjaar said:

some meat scraps on our kitchen window sill for a few days for some crows. Now if she does not place food they come and caw mercilessly saying some word that sounds like "Allah!" Over and over again until she gives in to their pressure and gives them food. Pigeons get plenty of food alhamdulillah but are not demanding.

MashaAllah, what a blessing it is to be able to provide for his creation. 

13 minutes ago, habib e najjaar said:

Pigeons get plenty of food alhamdulillah but are not demanding.

Sparrows are though. We feed them bread every morning after fajr and now some days when it's cold or we want to lie in and not go out all of them gather outside our window angrily chirping their heads off at us for getting their breakfast late. 

Whenever we have crumbs or stale bread, we put it out for birds and squirrels. Occasionally my son doesn't finish a peanut butter sandwich, and I give his remnants to the squirrels. I think they watch for it, because it never sits for more than a moment. 

I talk to all the animals that I see. I talk to animals 10x more than I talk with humans. 

18 minutes ago, notme said:

I talk to all the animals that I see. I talk to animals 10x more than I talk with humans. 

That's very cute (I just imagined you as snow white!) What do you say to them if you don't mind sharing? 

I know I am always kind towards animals but I have never been able to talk to them. It would be nice to learn. 

3 hours ago, starlight said:

and I decided he was being sent away..... to the biryani pan,

15 minutes ago, starlight said:

I know I am always kind towards animals

Indeed lol 

8 minutes ago, Moalfas said:

Indeed lol 

:D:D Allah has made it permissible for us to slaughter animals. Lol. 

In my defence, I have no problems with the hen but I don't feel safe with the one who has gone violent. 

Edited by starlight

4 hours ago, starlight said:

Some of you might remember how the chickens came to my home 

As Americans say, "the chickens have come home to roost." See what happens when you let loose of control?

Chickens in the house? Yarrabi. That is like my one, dumb sister who at one time had an owl and the mice for it, a dog, a pig and a husband in the house, cats and cattle outside plus whatever l don't remember.

to a rowdy chicken to not bite the hand that's feeding him?? 

Chickens don't bite. They peck and it can't possibly hurt.

l'd rather have a snake.

Want me to send you one?

A green garter is what l had in mind.

1 hour ago, starlight said:

That's very cute (I just imagined you as snow white!) What do you say to them if you don't mind sharing? 

9 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

So the animals talk back? What do you converse with them?

I just greet them so they aren't startled, and tell them that I have no plans to eat them so they can continue whatever they were doing. Sometimes they continue their business, and other times they eye me warily and run or fly away. 

My cats, on the other hand, and my husband's guard dog, I have entire conversations. The cats mostly complain that there is a dog nearby, and the dog mostly wants food or attention. Sometimes the cats talk about things they see outside or ask to play with toys or to sit on my lap or feet. 

Any suggestions how to communicate to a rowdy chicken 

l have read this post three or more times.

Can someone tell me who is the smarter one in this story?

Star vs. Gladiator Gal, Star vs. daughter, Star vs. Chicken, Gladiator Gal vs Chicken, Gladiator Gal vs. granddaughter, Daughter defends Chicken.

So who is winning this here power struggle? The bird brain.

And l thought l had a messed up family.

I talk with my cat all the time. We have many discussions. Such as "I know you've got some treats stacked away somewhere please give me some" or "The litterbox needs cleaning, can you please take a moment of your computer and clean my litterbox." We also discuss religion occasionally. Some times when I pray he prostrates on my prayer rug and start purring. (I usually manage to do my prayers anyway without offending either God or the cat.)

Three dogs, and a cat. Only one dog is indoor. The cat and other dogs are outdoor, even at -37 last week. 
I lost my best dog in 89. She was an extension of me. Much of the time she watched my expression, she was very attentive, listened well but didn't always have to talk. I let her out one day and before I could do anything a cat flew by. She was on the chase and about 100 meters when I called her. She turned and came back. That baffled me. She used to pull me on my bike, she heard "turn" and would, she also heard "stop" but she always had trouble with that. Yeah, I could be here for a while. 

13 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Chickens don't bite. They peck and it can't possibly hurt.

You'd be surprised. Aggressive pecks can easily draw blood. 

13 hours ago, hasanhh said:

So the animals talk back? What do you converse with them?

This lady communicates with animals and figures out what's wrong with them. 

19 hours ago, Moalfas said:

What sort of communication do you have with your animals? If any. 

I don't have animals, but I have noted remarkable things if one has a good and serious believe in Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and more 
Even a effect with some flying insects to be honest

Edited by Mohammed-Mehdi

7 minutes ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

I'm very intrigued. Can you elaborate? 

Guest itsAwonderfullWorld

Padre Pio who is a famous saint from italy which apparently more people in italy pray to for thier needs than Jesus was able to communicate with birds , and many instances in his life of people who noted this phenomena that were around him

he was a catholic Christian but regardless he was a holy person and dedicated his life to helping people

but yeah he is an example of somebody who was able to speak their language and animals used to come to him to complain about their problems such as people that were destroying their habitats or construction that was destroying their homes or even hunters that used to hunt some specific breed , they used to go to him and speak to him from a tree and he would on their behalf talk to the people that was interrupting these animals and try to resolve the issue

even during his lifetime he was respected cause he helped alot of people through things like healing or locating lost family members(he was alive during world war 1-2) and many times people would fulfil his request not to upset the animal habitats etc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Padre_Pio

he was also know to be able to bi-locate at one time, so he could be in italy while at the same time (he often used to visit Palestine) be seen in Palestine visiting the places where Jesus used to work/walk/preach etc

and also as already mentioned he was able to heal sick people , gennaro contaldo is a famous world chef from italy and he tells a story when he was a child where he was taken by him mother to see padre pio due to being ill, and he said that he walked with padre pio and then heard a voice in his head saying your healed go back to your mother, and he said that since then he has never been ill even common flu etc never experienced it , like he had gotten some sort of protection against the common cold for his entire life

Such a heartwarming video of man's kindness towards an aggressive abused dog.

The world would such a better place if there were more like him showing patience, love and understanding towards distressed humans. 

8 hours ago, Moalfas said:

I'm very intrigued. Can you elaborate? 

It's maybe what some people would call strange behaviour of those, not having a real idea of what men can know.
I don't want to look further techinical detail if you will but try to see the lessons etc, look at it from a certain way
It's also not something regular or always the case, for me and there is more to this side of things

If we fully Believe we can unlock incredible potential
and learn deeper understandings of Shia Islam
Meaning the believe in Imam Al Mahdi (AJTF) is in certain of these revealing experciences is vital and crucial to the fullest
With a True Believe including looking at the one self in ways I can not describe 

We have the best gift INsha'Allah Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) Guides us and Grant Success

9 hours ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

I don't have animals, but I have noted remarkable things if one has a good and serious believe in Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and more 

Note: I don't have good understanding of any communication and what is really the case

19 minutes ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

If we fully Believe we can unlock incredible potential
and learn deeper understandings of Shia Islam
Meaning the believe in Imam Al Mahdi (AJTF) is in certain of these revealing experciences is vital and crucial to the fullest
With a True Believe including looking at the one self in ways I can not describe 

We have the best gift INsha'Allah Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) Guides us and Grant Success

Indeed, Nabi Sulayman (عليه السلام) understood even the Ants. Imam Ali (عليه السلام) understood even snakes. The gift of communication with Allah Ta'ala's creation is one that can only truly be sought and achieved by His blessings. He Subhanahu wa Ta'ala blessed his chosen with it. 

15 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

Three dogs, and a cat. Only one dog is indoor. The cat and other dogs are outdoor, even at -37 last week. 

Hardy animals lol 

Much of the time she watched my expression, she was very attentive, listened well but didn't always have to talk.

I hear you.

I let her out one day and before I could do anything a cat flew by. She was on the chase and about 100 meters when I called her. She turned and came back. That baffled me.

Very impressive.

She used to pull me on my bike, she heard "turn" and would, she also heard "stop" but she always had trouble with that. Yeah, I could be here for a while. 

Reminded me of a time I was on a bike alongside an Akita/Shepherd on a lead doing serious speed. A lovely squirrel decided to cross the path and activate the predator in the beast. It didn't end well for me lol 

Edited by Moalfas
Typo

3 hours ago, Moalfas said:

Hardy animals lol 

Yes, they don't come inside, it's too confining. You can coax the Golden retriever in for a minute but not the St Bermise They have beds in the garage but you'll find them  laying on the driveway, regardless weather, watching for coyotes etc.