Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
rkazmi33

Why do men care more about wife's skills than morals?

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, AkhiraisReal said:

That's basically going against Islam. 

Islam doesn't give you automatic rights to control your wife's movements and everyday life. Nor would she have such rights. 

Obeying one another, convincing one another, or having dialogue with one another about helping each other stay on the path of Allah Ta'ala is good.

2 hours ago, AkhiraisReal said:

A man is the leader of the household. And it's his duty to provide and guide his family to the straight path. Hence one of the reasons for the importance of obedience from the wife. 

Many men aren't able to lead by nature and many don't or can't provide and many are misguided themselves. 

You expect automatic 'obedience' rights? Lol

54 minutes ago, AkhiraisReal said:
1 hour ago, starlight said:

No. This,was the second. The first was 'you are not allowed to leave the house'.

The wife needs permission for that too.

I'm sorry for having to point this out in public, but this is a typical case of misusing an 'authority' that's conditional to begin with. 

1 hour ago, Moalfas said:

Islam doesn't give you automatic rights to control your wife's movements and everyday life. Nor would she have such rights. 

Obeying one another, convincing one another, or having dialogue with one another about helping each other stay on the path of Allah Ta'ala is good.

Many men aren't able to lead by nature and many don't or can't provide and many are misguided themselves. 

You expect automatic 'obedience' rights? Lol

I'm sorry for having to point this out in public, but this is a typical case of misusing an 'authority' that's conditional to begin with. 

Yes if I remember correctly they are conditional, like the husband has to be the provider financially if I remember correctly. 

Ruling 2430. It is unlawful for a woman in a permanent marriage to leave the house without the permission of her husband even if this does not infringe on his rights, except in the following cases: a necessity requires her to; [ii] staying in the house causes her hardship (ḥaraj); [iii] the house is not appropriate for her. Also, she must submit to giving her husband sexual pleasure, which is his right, whenever he wishes. She must also not prevent him from having sexual intercourse with her without a legitimate excuse (ʿudhr). It is obligatory on a husband to provide his wife with food, clothing, housing, and other things that she needs. If he does not provide these for her, irrespective of whether he is able to or not, he will be indebted to her. Furthermore, one of the rights of a wife is that her husband must not subject her to harassment or abuse, and he must not treat her in a harsh or rough manner without a legitimate reason

Both have duties to each other, I don’t know or remember all the rulings or conditions. But I do believe in the rulings that it's in the best interest for both the husband and wife or wives. 

For example if I remember correctly, the wife can ask for a maid and she has right to that and the husband has to fulfill that. 

28 minutes ago, AkhiraisReal said:

But I do believe in the rulings that it's in the best interest for both the husband and wife or wives. 

LOL 

May Allah bless you and your future wife or wives.

InshaAllah as you grow older and more experienced, you'll be content with quality over quantity. 

5 hours ago, Moalfas said:

InshaAllah as you grow older and more experienced, you'll be content with quality over quantity. 

Of course. But don't forget that our Imams and Prophets practiced polygyny. So it's not something disliked. 

Time has though changed, and less and less people practice it, and less and less women accept / can live with it. 

It's not wajib and it's not makruh. But as a man I believe we shouldn't limit ourselves to 1 wife and go against what the Qur'an has made permissible for us and joke about it, regardless if one decides to act upon it or not. 

1 hour ago, AkhiraisReal said:

Of course. But don't forget that our Imams and Prophets practiced polygyny. So it's not something disliked. 

They practiced it for a reason not only for lust. Like why in this century it’s hard for a man to marry a divorce or widowed women? Should they really be a virgin and younger than his first wife?

45 minutes ago, Diaz said:

They practiced it for a reason not only for lust. Like why in this century it’s hard for a man to marry a divorce or widowed women? Should they really be a virgin and younger than his first wife?

There are many reasons for polygyny one which is obviously lust. 

However if one truly wanted lust only, I doubt they would take the trouble to get another permanent / temporary wife. 

People have different preferences, the reason men want younger wife has to do with our survival instinct I guess. Since young women are a symbol of fertility.