Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ali_fatheroforphans

No one represent the truth

Rate this topic

Salam,

No one represents the truth, we move towards it. We are supposed to reflect the truth and try our best to be with haq. A lot of careless statements are being thrown around "since this nation represents the truth", "this specific leader represents the absolute truth". It's about acknowledging that people are fallible and we're all trying to move towards truth. This "effort" is something which needs to be considered before anything. Don't expect perfection from others, focus on their willingness to move towards the truth. Look at the liveliness of their spirit. Focus on those who are willing to stand up. 

Wise words from Sheikh Mohammed Shomali:

"We are to ensure that we are on the side of haqq, and not bātil. It is not about ‘Bringing the truth to my side’. This is the problem. Many want to be the truth and think ‘Look at me; I represent the truth. I am the voice of the truth. I am a representative of the truth’. No. You must move towards truth. You must be a mirror of the truth. Do not think or say, ‘I represent the truth’. Who are we to represent the truth? Who are we to represent Islam or the Ahlul Bayt or Imam Husayn? Our responsibility is to try to move towards the truth to reflect it. We never would be able to claim that we are certainly and entirely on the side of the truth. It is a matter of struggle—lifelong struggle—to ensure we will be with the truth. It is only a few people for whom this has been confirmed."

Imam Ali (as): "If you are unable to determine the side of Haqq in a conflict then watch where the arrows of the baatil are striking, that party will be truthful".

Edited by The Green Knight