Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
thuglife

Saw a “weird” individual!

Rate this topic

Salaam

So I was at a coffee joint, and this individual was posted up there. I just had this bad vibe from this person.

1) I saw a Ammar Nakshawani video some time ago, and he said something about feeling this way. Something about sensing something. Bad feeling. 

Maybe I was worried about getting cyber jacked in an open 

2) However, is this a form of prejudice? Perhaps judging a book by its cover?

51 minutes ago, thuglife said:

Yes it is prejudice to judge an individual at first impression, but if it feels unsafe you should be cautious regardless.

On 1/14/2020 at 11:34 AM, notme said:

Yes it is prejudice to judge an individual at first impression, but if it feels unsafe you should be cautious regardless.

He was saying that the bad feeling. Is justified. With prejudice.

1 hour ago, yashia said:

I understand what you're saying, but then why would your name be 

So you should also strive to be in the right and have a proper Islamic name, not the name of criminals.

Though the term thug life is commonly misinterpreted to mean “criminal life,” this is not actually the intention of the phrase. Thug life is a term used with pride, to describe a person who started out with nothing and built themselves up to be something.

The word thug took on a racialized subtext in the latter half of the 20th century, especially for impoverished black people living in urban communities, regardless of whether these people engaged in criminal behavior or not. According to African American Studies professor Michael Jeffries, this connection between being black and being a “thug” rose particularly during the same era in which mass incarceration rose to record levels. These communities started reclaiming the word thug as a countercultural rebellion against racism, adopting the term as a form of self-empowerment and protest.

Edited by thuglife

42 minutes ago, thuglife said:

Though the term thug life is commonly misinterpreted to mean “criminal life,” this is not actually the intention of the phrase. Thug life is a term used with pride, to describe a person who started out with nothing and built themselves up to be something.

The word thug took on a racialized subtext in the latter half of the 20th century, especially for impoverished black people living in urban communities, regardless of whether these people engaged in criminal behavior or not. According to African American Studies professor Michael Jeffries, this connection between being black and being a “thug” rose particularly during the same era in which mass incarceration rose to record levels. These communities started reclaiming the word thug as a countercultural rebellion against racism, adopting the term as a form of self-empowerment and protest.

The fact that you are justifying yourself shows that you should judge yourself first and your mentality. Would Imam Ali (عليه السلام) put a name like that up? 

Edited by yashia

3 hours ago, yashia said:

The fact that you are justifying yourself shows that you should judge yourself first and your mentality. Would Imam Ali (عليه السلام) put a name like that up? 

Probably not, but then again he probably wouldn't be on the shiachat forum either lol.

On 1/14/2020 at 1:41 PM, thuglife said:

judging a book by its cover . . .

. . . which is different that judging a person by the uniform they wear. Even poor people make their fashion-identity statements.

thug is a devotee of Kali.

Title:  Saw a 'weird' ndividual/   to which Hasan replies "wait until they get a load of me"  --a Joker line from Batman.

10 hours ago, yashia said:

What’s the name of the guy who pretended to be crazy? He put on a whole act? He even let prisoners out and said “don’t worry they’ll all come back to the graveyard eventually.” 

Sometimes one must assume an identity and role. 

Even if everything Ibn Arabi says is true, it is disrespectful to our 12 Imams, especially Imam Sadiq AS, to go to Ibn Arabi (who rejected the leadership of the Ahlulbait) to learn about Allah, the Most High.

You follow what you want and reject whatever you please.

Want to know what's disrespectful as well? When Imam Jaffar al-Sadiq (عليه السلام) says be an ornament for us and do not be a disgrace for us and to not go in front of them or lag behind them yet we do the exact opposite then want to talk about others to judge, not for the sake or truth because we don't actually want to judge evil since we promote it ourselves - we just want to be narcissistic filth.

Imam Ali (عليه السلام) said: "Judge yourself first. The worst people are those who judge the faults of others, but blind to their own."

So let me quote your one last statement:

Does the truth hurt? Check your heart's inclinations

15 hours ago, dragonxx said:

18 hours ago, yashia said:

Probably not, but then again he probably wouldn't be on the shiachat forum either lol.

You'd be surprised at the Baraka and blessings around any place where Allah Ta'ala, the Prophet saw and Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) are mentioned, remembered and learned from. 

We shouldn't underestimate this blessed platform. 

@thuglife

We all can be judgmental and form unfounded opinions based on our prejudices. That’s a battle of discipline between us and ourselves in trying not to be judgemental. 

It becomes a problem when our judgments affect others; such as giving the 'weird' individuals a dirty look or moving away from them which could make them feel uncomfortable and that would, in essence, be us committing an injustice against them. 

The best way to address such situations would be to either ignore them or move away without them noticing or knowing it's because of them; that way, no one’s feelings are hurt. 

9 hours ago, Moalfas said:

You'd be surprised at the Baraka and blessings around any place where Allah Ta'ala, the Prophet saw and Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) are mentioned, remembered and learned from. 

true

9 hours ago, Moalfas said:

certainly, I have learned loads and loads and loads here, and not just about religion.

Wasn't implying what you think, although in retrospect I see how it was taken that way.

just meant if he wanted to make a change and share knowledge, it would be on a much grander scale, not random forums floating on the internet =P

Some wear the mask of civility while imposing laws of the jungle on their fellow civilians. Such hostility gets rewarded with, by those who desire to give honestly, a counter punch without the mask of civility. 

Tapping into an animal side to reach goals.

This is America. Thousands die each year because they cannot purchase medical treatment. One may pretend to live in a civilized society while another flaunts the appellation of “thug,” displaying a laborer’s uniform commonly depicted as a classic criminal with a pistol tucked by the genitals.

Withhold your anger towards one who refuses to uphold your imagination.

On 1/17/2020 at 10:07 AM, Moalfas said:

Just remember, it could be a baraka or a curse depending on what one uses it for including his intentions. Is the intention to get close to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) or other than that?

Edited by yashia

22 minutes ago, yashia said:

Just remember, it could be a baraka or a curse depending on what one uses it for including his intentions. Is the intention to get close to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) or other than that?

We could say that about everything in our world. Do we brush our teeth to keep them clean and healthy or to make them beautiful and attractive to others? 

45 minutes ago, yashia said:

Just remember, it could be a baraka or a curse 

Every blessing can be a Baraka or 'curse'. 

The only true شُكر and gratitude for Allah Ta'ala's blessings is to use them only in his way. 

Guest itsAwonderfullWorld
On 1/15/2020 at 5:41 AM, thuglife said:

Salaam

So I was at a coffee joint, and this individual was posted up there. I just had this bad vibe from this person.

1) I saw a Ammar Nakshawani video some time ago, and he said something about feeling this way. Something about sensing something. Bad feeling. 

Maybe I was worried about getting cyber jacked in an open 

have you ever seen a person who shines like a moon at night?

when I was in mashad for ziyarah, right next to the entry to Imam Redha shrine there was this shop selling general goods, and anyway I went in there to buy phone credit

and this guy working behind the counter just struck me with this light that almost made me unable to talk, he had like waves of positive light energy coming from him

you could see he was humble nice quiet friendly guy , he didnt have any pride or arrogance or thought highly of himself he was very humble, but his body shone like it was something else , he had this really positive energy that just like bewildered me and I can see other people see it too cause they way they approached him when they walked in with with really high esteem and respect , like they had a secret amongst themselves

and he wasnt some guy talking your ear off, he was just standing there observing quietly gets to the point of serving you but very humbly just living inside himself almost like he was lost in thought but with enough to spare to give attention to the shoppers

I obviously have seen the scholars in Iran while I was there the famous lecturers the teachers the sayeds and sheikhs and all that even met the marja, but none of them had the light that this guy did, I just wanted to stay there and stare at him lol but I obviously felt compelled to leave I felt rude to address him about it and like I said I knew he was busy in his mind doing whatever he was doing, probably dhikr

but yeah it was almost pleasurable to stand in his presence like his light was healing and comforting, you could feel it penetrate your own soul and just put you at ease