Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Islamseeker

Father in hospital - need Duas please

Rate this topic

22 minutes ago, Islamseeker said:

Thank you so much Starlight, I’ll read that now. Can I just read it as a Dua or does it have to be said after prayer? 

It can be read alone or after a prayer. Either way is good. 

54 minutes ago, Islamseeker said:

Asalamualikum everyone, 

I have a request to make. My dad is currently admitted in the hospital. He has interstitial lung disease and was denied a transplant. We’re still waiting to hear back from one last center. He’s incredibly weak and the doctors are recommending hospice. I am in desperate need of Dua’s. My dad is the whole reason I adhere to Shi’a Islam as much as I do. He’s been my rock, my biggest supporter through everything in my life. I can’t cope with the thought of losing him. Please please pray for us. And if you have any recommendations as to what I can read for a Mojza I would sincerely appreciate it. Thank you. 

My brother, may Allah (عزّ وجلّ) give your father health and huge life. I would recommend you to make a vow that you will be offering prayers or will fast for three days or give such or such amount of charity or sacrifice an animal for the sake of Allah (عزّ وجلّ), if Allah (عزّ وجلّ) gives health to your father for the sake of Ahlebait (عليه السلام).

I think that it will he accepted. Insha-Allah.

On 1/13/2020 at 3:03 PM, Flying_Eagle said:

My brother, may Allah (عزّ وجلّ) give your father health and huge life. I would recommend you to make a vow that you will be offering prayers or will fast for three days or give such or such amount of charity or sacrifice an animal for the sake of Allah (عزّ وجلّ), if Allah (عزّ وجلّ) gives health to your father for the sake of Ahlebait (عليه السلام).

I think that it will he accepted. Insha-Allah.

Ameen, thank you brother. I have been making these mannats, In Sha Allah they will be accepted. The doctors are sending him home on hospice care, they say there’s nothing more they can do :( 

Assalamu alaykum. May Allah grant your father ease and health and all of you too. If you are able to access zamzam water, give him plenty of that, with the niyyah of it healing him for the sake of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and those who are forsaken for His sake.

May Allah give you the patience to go through this all safely. There is no healer like the Qur'an, your father needs spiritual and emotional peace and health too in this time. Do make time to be a source of peace and assurance that you are at peace with Allah's will, whatever it is, and help put him in this state of mind too. 

Lots of duas for your family.

On 1/14/2020 at 6:13 AM, Islamseeker said:

Can I just read it as a Dua or does it have to be said after prayer? 

You can read it at any time you like.

Don't forget the 2 rakat prayer that must accompany the Ziarat-e-Ashoora.

May your father get well soon insha Allah. 

Our prayers are for him and for your family. 

10 hours ago, Islamseeker said:

Ameen, thank you brother. I have been making these mannats, In Sha Allah they will be accepted. The doctors are sending him home on hospice care, they say there’s nothing more they can do :( 

May Allah (عزّ وجلّ) give your father health brother for the sake of patience of Imam Sajjad ((عليه السلام)). Ameen

17 hours ago, habib e najjaar said:

Assalamu alaykum. May Allah grant your father ease and health and all of you too. If you are able to access zamzam water, give him plenty of that, with the niyyah of it healing him for the sake of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and those who are forsaken for His sake.

May Allah give you the patience to go through this all safely. There is no healer like the Qur'an, your father needs spiritual and emotional peace and health too in this time. Do make time to be a source of peace and assurance that you are at peace with Allah's will, whatever it is, and help put him in this state of mind too. 

Lots of duas for your family.

They’re not giving him much time. Maybe a week or two. It’s all just happening too quickly. You always think you’ll have more time. He has been playing the Qur’an while in the hospital. I’m trying so hard to be at peace with Allah’s will. Thank you for the Dua’s. 

I sincerely pray for your father to get better soon, May Allah grant your father health, and if He (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has willed that his meeting should be sooner, then may Allah grant you all the strength and patience to allow the remaining time to be meaningful and a beautiful 'ilal liqaa' "until we meet again" in jannah in the presence of Allah's most beloved servants. It is amongst the blessings of Allah upon His servant to notify him of the nearing of their meeting, so that His servant prepares himself, adorns himself and perfumes himself in preparation for the most beautiful of meetings.

https://www.al-Islam.org/articles/death-beautiful-gift-believer

يَا أَيَّتُهَا النَّفْسُ الْمُطْمَئِنَّةُ {27}

[Pickthal 89:27] But ah! thou soul at peace!

ارْجِعِي إِلَىٰ رَبِّكِ رَاضِيَةً مَرْضِيَّةً {28}

[Pickthal 89:28] Return unto thy Lord, content in His good pleasure!

فَادْخُلِي فِي عِبَادِي {29}

[Pickthal 89:29] Enter thou among My bondmen!

وَادْخُلِي جَنَّتِي {30}

[Pickthal 89:30] Enter thou My Garden!

On 1/16/2020 at 10:54 AM, habib e najjaar said:

I sincerely pray for your father to get better soon, May Allah grant your father health, and if He (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has willed that his meeting should be sooner, then may Allah grant you all the strength and patience to allow the remaining time to be meaningful and a beautiful 'ilal liqaa' "until we meet again" in jannah in the presence of Allah's most beloved servants. It is amongst the blessings of Allah upon His servant to notify him of the nearing of their meeting, so that His servant prepares himself, adorns himself and perfumes himself in preparation for the most beautiful of meetings.

https://www.al-Islam.org/articles/death-beautiful-gift-believer

يَا أَيَّتُهَا النَّفْسُ الْمُطْمَئِنَّةُ {27}

[Pickthal 89:27] But ah! thou soul at peace!

ارْجِعِي إِلَىٰ رَبِّكِ رَاضِيَةً مَرْضِيَّةً {28}

[Pickthal 89:28] Return unto thy Lord, content in His good pleasure!

فَادْخُلِي فِي عِبَادِي {29}

[Pickthal 89:29] Enter thou among My bondmen!

وَادْخُلِي جَنَّتِي {30}

[Pickthal 89:30] Enter thou My Garden!

Those are very beautiful verses. And they did get me through for a while but I haven’t given up hope yet. I’m still praying that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) makes a way for us. We refused hospice, but the condition is still unstable - it could go either way. Still in need of Dua’s, please please continue to pray for him. May Allah reward you. Thank you. 

7 hours ago, Islamseeker said:

Those are very beautiful verses. And they did get me through for a while but I haven’t given up hope yet. I’m still praying that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) makes a way for us. We refused hospice, but the condition is still unstable - it could go either way. Still in need of Dua’s, please please continue to pray for him. May Allah reward you. Thank you. 

In our duas. My family and I will recite amman yujeeb 11 times today after Isha for the health and recovery of your dad inshaAllah.

20 minutes ago, habib e najjaar said:

In our duas. My family and I will recite amman yujeeb 11 times today after Isha for the health and recovery of your dad inshaAllah.

Thank you brother, I am truly humbled and overwhelmed by yours and everyone’s support, love, and prayers on here. It means more than I can tell you in these difficult times. Do you need my dads name for the Dua?

39 minutes ago, Islamseeker said:

My dad passed away this evening. Thank you for your prayers. Please recite Surah Fateha for him, his name is Zamir Haider. Thank you. 

Ya Ilahi.. Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioun. No words I say can comfort you at this time, may Allah give you sabr and strength in this difficult time. You will remain in our duas. May Allah give him qawl thabit, and make his eternal journey smooth and peaceful and make it end in the company of the beloved ones of Allah (عليه السلام). Please let us know when he will be buried so that we can pray salat al wahsha for him. Very sorry about your loss sister.

بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ {1}

[Yusufali 1:1] In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ {2}

[Yusufali 1:2] Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds;

الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ {3}

[Yusufali 1:3] Most Gracious, Most Merciful;

مَالِكِ يَوْمِ الدِّينِ {4}

[Yusufali 1:4] Master of the Day of Judgment.

إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وَإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ {5}

[Yusufali 1:5] Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

اهْدِنَا الصِّرَاطَ الْمُسْتَقِيمَ {6}

[Yusufali 1:6] Show us the straight way,

صِرَاطَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِمْ غَيْرِ الْمَغْضُوبِ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا الضَّالِّينَ {7}

[Yusufali 1:7] The way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, those whose (portion) is not wrath, and who go not astray.

Edited by habib e najjaar

إنَّا لله و إنَّا اليه راجعون و لا حول و لا قوة الا بالله العلي العظيم 

May Allah Ta'ala bless your father's soul and give you and your family Sabr in this very difficult time.

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم 

الحمد لله رب العالمين 

الرحمن الرحيم 

ملك يوم الدين

اياك نعبد و إياك نستعين

اهدنا الصراط المستقيم 

صراط الذين أنعمت عليهم 

غير المغضوب عليهم و لا الضالين 

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم 

قل هو الله احد

الله الصمد 

لم يلد و لم يولد 

ولم يكن له كفوءا احد 

صدق الله العلي العظيم 

انا لله و انا اليه راجعون 

8 hours ago, habib e najjaar said:

Ya Ilahi.. Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioun. No words I say can comfort you at this time, may Allah give you sabr and strength in this difficult time. You will remain in our duas. May Allah give him qawl thabit, and make his eternal journey smooth and peaceful and make it end in the company of the beloved ones of Allah (عليه السلام). Please let us know when he will be buried so that we can pray salat al wahsha for him. Very sorry about your loss sister.

بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ {1}

[Yusufali 1:1] In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ {2}

[Yusufali 1:2] Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds;

الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ {3}

[Yusufali 1:3] Most Gracious, Most Merciful;

مَالِكِ يَوْمِ الدِّينِ {4}

[Yusufali 1:4] Master of the Day of Judgment.

إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وَإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ {5}

[Yusufali 1:5] Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

اهْدِنَا الصِّرَاطَ الْمُسْتَقِيمَ {6}

[Yusufali 1:6] Show us the straight way,

صِرَاطَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِمْ غَيْرِ الْمَغْضُوبِ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا الضَّالِّينَ {7}

[Yusufali 1:7] The way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, those whose (portion) is not wrath, and who go not astray.

JazakAllah Khair brother, Ameen. I will let you know when it is. He is being transported to where he wanted to be buried. But the Janaza is either tonight or tomorrow morning. I will let you know for sure. Thank you for your Dua’s

18 hours ago, Islamseeker said:

JazakAllah Khair brother, Ameen. I will let you know when it is. He is being transported to where he wanted to be buried. But the Janaza is either tonight or tomorrow morning. I will let you know for sure. Thank you for your Dua’s

May Allah forgive him for his shortcomings, and receive him with a clean record bihaqqi Nabiyyuna Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) wa aalihi al at'haar.

On 1/22/2020 at 6:10 PM, habib e najjaar said:

May Allah forgive him for his shortcomings, and receive him with a clean record bihaqqi Nabiyyuna Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) wa aalihi al at'haar.

Elahi Ameen. Thank you brother. It gives me solace to know that he was visited by Mola Ali (عليه السلام). The burial is in about 8-9 hours, for Salat Al Wahsha. JazakAllah Khair.