Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Eren

Why so many transgenders?

Rate this topic

Hello, I recently converted to Shia Islam and so far it's been great. However, I found that Iran performs the most transgender surgeries second all to Thailand?? What gives?!

One of the main reasons I become (Shia) Muslim was because I was tired of seeing the LGBT nonsense ruin my country (I live in America) and other Western countries. 

Why would Iran do this? This seems so degenerate and evil. Thoughts?

7 hours ago, Eren said:

One of the main reasons I become (Shia) Muslim was because I was tired of seeing the LGBT nonsense ruin my country (I live in America) and other Western countries

That's the most unusual reason I've ever heard for anyone's conversion! In any event, congratulations and may Allah continue to guide you. 

I'm not Iranian so I can't say much on your question, but my understanding is that a person can't just go to the doctor and ask to have their genitals swapped. They have to be truly hermaphrodite or intersex, which would be a medical condition in which the gender is ambiguous at birth. Typically, in cases of ambiguous genitalia, a gender is chosen at birth, and as the person matures it might become apparent that the wrong one was chosen.

Yes I found that very weird too.

However I think it only applies to hermaphrodites, which is very rare. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, because it has bugged me for a long time how an Islamic country can allow these types of surgeries.

For those who don't know what hermaphrodite is: basically someone born with both a banana and peach at birth.

3 hours ago, notme said:

That's the most unusual reason I've ever heard for anyone's conversion! In any event, congratulations and may Allah continue to guide you. 

I'm not Iranian so I can't say much on your question, but my understanding is that a person can't just go to the doctor and ask to have their genitals swapped. They have to be truly hermaphrodite or intersex, which would be a medical condition in which the gender is ambiguous at birth. Typically, in cases of ambiguous genitalia, a gender is chosen at birth, and as the person matures it might become apparent that the wrong one was chosen.

But are all those people getting surgeries ambiguous? Because that's a very high rate. Does Iran have a disproportionate number of intersex/hermaphrodite people? 

Thanks for your response.

11 hours ago, Eren said:

Hello, I recently converted to Shia Islam and so far it's been great. However, I found that Iran performs the most transgender surgeries second all to Thailand?? What gives?!

One of the main reasons I become (Shia) Muslim was because I was tired of seeing the LGBT nonsense ruin my country (I live in America) and other Western countries. 

If you read Sayed Sistani ruling the surgery is actually forbidden. 

So I'm unsure why it's allowed in Iran.

It might be due to plastic surgery being big business.

2 hours ago, AkhiraisReal said:

Yes I found that very weird too.

However I think it only applies to hermaphrodites, which is very rare. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, because it has bugged me for a long time how an Islamic country can allow these types of surgeries.

For those who don't know what hermaphrodite is: basically someone born with both a banana and peach at birth.

But if it's very rare brother, then why does Iran perform so many of them? Is everyone who gets the surgery actually hermaphrodite/intersex?  Thanks for your comment.

On 1/10/2020 at 10:15 AM, Warilla said:

If you read Sayed Sistani ruling the surgery is actually forbidden. 

So I'm unsure why it's allowed in Iran.

It might be due to plastic surgery being big business.

Do you have a link to the ruling brother? 

That sounds shameful if the number one Shia country in the world allows this then.

46 minutes ago, Eren said:

But are all those people getting surgeries ambiguous? Because that's a very high rate. Does Iran have a disproportionate number of intersex/hermaphrodite people? 

As I said before, I don't have information. My guess is that the surgery is far less common than the secular media would have us believe, and "high rate" in Iran is only in proportion to the rest of the world, in which these non-fatal deformities most commonly are left as-is. 

I know in my country, the United States, most people can't afford medical treatments which are not covered by insurance, so these unfortunate intersex individuals just dress as the gender they choose, rather than consulting with doctors to determine what their DNA and hormones say they are and having surgery if necessary or counseling for self acceptance if surgery is not needed. Additionally in the US, some people cross dress as an act of resistance to trauma or to be rebellious, so it's hard to know who is really transgendered and who is transvestite. 

Trans people can get gender reassignment surgery, however it's not something a trans person can decide on a whim. They will be subject to physical and mental examination. The Iranian state even subsidizes their surgery. 

People feeling like they were born with the wrong body is a real thing and shouldn't just be brushed aside as LGBTQI+ nonsense. 

Don't be transphobic, there is no way anyone becomes transgender just because they think it's fun. And trandphobia is a bad look for Muslims and Islam in general.

We should show people that Islam a religion of peace and not give adversaries a reason to talk trash about our religion

People who went trough hormone therapy and gender reassignment surgery have fully transitioned to the opposite gender and according to some Mar'ja it's even halal to marry them, so a cis male with a Trans women or a cis women with a trans man.

Better that then them becoming homosexual.

On 1/10/2020 at 10:28 AM, Eren said:

Do you have a link to the ruling brother? 

That sounds shameful if the number one Shia country in the world allows this then.

http://www.Sistani.org/Arabic/qa/0407/

Partly translated in this article

http://ijtihadnet.com/sex-reassignment-surgery-in-the-view-of-the-Shia-jurists/

6 hours ago, Eren said:

Iran is the only Muslim country that understands the gender problem among the transgenders. They have done a great favor for themselves to earn a name before Allah (عزّ وجلّ). A transgender is either a male or a female physical deformities. Allah (عزّ وجلّ) has ordered us through Qur'an to cure those who are naturally deformed and one of the example from the Qur'an is of Prophet Esa (عليه السلام) who cured by birth blind people. 

8 hours ago, Flying_Eagle said:

Iran is the only Muslim country that understands the gender problem among the transgenders. They have done a great favor for themselves to earn a name before Allah (عزّ وجلّ). A transgender is either a male or a female physical deformities. Allah (عزّ وجلّ) has ordered us through Qur'an to cure those who are naturally deformed and one of the example from the Qur'an is of Prophet Esa (عليه السلام) who cured by birth blind people. 

But if they're not deformed physically then they are mentally ill. You don't treat a mental illness by indulging someone in their mental sickness. That's like encouraging an anorexic not to eat. Trans people kill themselves at a MUCH higher rate even after surgery. They are also 58% more likely to commit murder. They need psychological help, not surgery if they don't have deformities. 

12 hours ago, Random Brother said:

Trans people can get gender reassignment surgery, however it's not something a trans person can decide on a whim. They will be subject to physical and mental examination. The Iranian state even subsidizes their surgery. 

People feeling like they were born with the wrong body is a real thing and shouldn't just be brushed aside as LGBTQI+ nonsense. 

Don't be transphobic, there is no way anyone becomes transgender just because they think it's fun. And trandphobia is a bad look for Muslims and Islam in general.

We should show people that Islam a religion of peace and not give adversaries a reason to talk trash about our religion

People who went trough hormone therapy and gender reassignment surgery have fully transitioned to the opposite gender and according to some Mar'ja it's even halal to marry them, so a cis male with a Trans women or a cis women with a trans man.

Better that then them becoming homosexual.

Trans "women" are not REAL women. Trans "men" are not REAL men. It's delusional. And you can take your buzzword of "Transphobia" and go pound sand. I don't have to indulge people in their delusions. If they don't have ambiguous genitalia/are intersex then they are delusional and need psychological help, not surgery. Peace comes by submitting to God's will, not by pretending to be something you're not. 

And homosexuality, but transgenderism isn't any better, if anything it's worse.

13 hours ago, notme said:

As I said before, I don't have information. My guess is that the surgery is far less common than the secular media would have us believe, and "high rate" in Iran is only in proportion to the rest of the world, in which these non-fatal deformities most commonly are left as-is. 

I know in my country, the United States, most people can't afford medical treatments which are not covered by insurance, so these unfortunate intersex individuals just dress as the gender they choose, rather than consulting with doctors to determine what their DNA and hormones say they are and having surgery if necessary or counseling for self acceptance if surgery is not needed. Additionally in the US, some people cross dress as an act of resistance to trauma or to be rebellious, so it's hard to know who is really transgendered and who is transvestite. 

I appreciate the response. I have no problem with surgeries for people with clear biological justification (like hermaphrodites), but gender dysphoria is a real mental illness and you don't treat it by hacking away at someone's genitals. They need psychological help, not surgery. Just because someone hacks off their genitals, puts on a dress, and pretends to be a girl because they're mentally ill doesn't make them a girl. It's disgusting and degenerate. The "surgery" is just a fake way of allowing homosexuality for people playing dress up, because that's what it is.

On 1/10/2020 at 8:35 AM, Eren said:

Salam it's not an obligatory surgery but Iran laws & religious ruling supports people &prepares all necessary stuff  & environment for people  that want to do surgery based on condition that @notme mentioned in his post 

23 hours ago, notme said:

They have to be truly hermaphrodite or intersex, which would be a medical condition in which the gender is ambiguous at birth.

Are you sure about this? I thought if someone had the wrong “gender” (not sex) they could get a surgery?

18 hours ago, Random Brother said:

So why does one “become” transgender? Is it because of the environment?

10 hours ago, Ejaz said:

So why does one “become” transgender? Is it because of the environment?

You don't suddenly become transgender, it is the same as with Gay people. A person doesn't become gay over night, they just are gay. Some might just not be open about it since transgenderism is stigmatized  and trans people are still openly discriminated against. 

Being transgender means that you feel like you were born in the wrong body, some people find that out at a younger age, some later and they have to deal with that their entire lives.

An LGBTQI+ friendly environment doesnt turn people, who don't feel that way about themselves, trans. 

12 hours ago, Ejaz said:

Are you sure about this? I thought if someone had the wrong “gender” (not sex) they could get a surgery?

As I said, I am not sure. I have made it clear from the beginning that I have no expertise on this topic. All I know is what has been discussed here on shiachat before. 

On 1/10/2020 at 12:05 AM, Eren said:

since when was Iran the divinely appointed representative of the Shia Islamic religion and law?

On 1/10/2020 at 8:44 AM, AkhiraisReal said:

because it has bugged me for a long time how an Islamic country can allow these types of surgeries.

there is not single Islamic country on this planet, only Muslim-majority countries

On 1/11/2020 at 6:38 PM, dragonxx said:

there is not single Islamic country on this planet, only Muslim-majority countries

If the government is an Islamic based government then I expect the rules and laws of Islam to be preceded before the western/eastern rulings/laws. 

On 1/11/2020 at 11:18 AM, Eren said:

But if they're not deformed physically then they are mentally ill. You don't treat a mental illness by indulging someone in their mental sickness. That's like encouraging an anorexic not to eat. Trans people kill themselves at a MUCH higher rate even after surgery. They are also 58% more likely to commit murder. They need psychological help, not surgery if they don't have deformities. 

If they do not have deformities then they have mental issues. There is a hoax prevailing in modern world that males and females due to mental issues say I feel like the other gender which is nothing else but psychological impact of a wrong gathering just like upon the terrorist groups who brainwashes that some people do not feel they are doing wrong. It is because of this that Imam Ali (عليه السلام) says: "Do not sit among the bad people, because they will ultimately have effect upon you".

On 1/10/2020 at 6:05 AM, Eren said:

One of the main reasons I become (Shia) Muslim was because I was tired of seeing the LGBT nonsense ruin my country (I live in America) and other Western countries

I agree with you that there is a lot of hype around LGBTQIAHTMLC++ in the west with various agendas such as promoting promiscuity, abolishing gender and sexualizing public spaces. I agree that is a valid issue to be concerned about, whether Muslim or non-Muslim and it should be addressed. However prejudice is not an Islamic virtue. In fact it is Allahs prerogative to make judgements and he is the best judge. So kicking LGBT people off a roof is deeply misguided.
What is haram according to the Qur'an is homosexual acts. Not the inclination. In other word it is what people do and not what they are that is the problem. People which Allah has given such an inclination has a challenge they have to overcome in their personal relation with Allah. Just like people whom he has given inclination to commit other types of sins. It is always good to remember that non of us is really above the temptation to sin. It is our responsibility to fight it in our selves, but not to act as "haram-police" to others.

On 1/10/2020 at 6:05 AM, Eren said:

The way I understand the fatwas concerning this field, "transgender" is seen as a mental intersex condition. It is not the fault of Iran nor of the scholars who allow the surgery nor of people with a mental intersex condition, that the queer agenda in the west has hijacked the term "transgender" for political purposes. As far as I understand it, the scholars did not find any prohibition in the Qur'an nor in reliable hadiths that ban such surgery. What is not forbidden is allowed. I think the fatwas om this matter even has the precaution that such surgery is allowed only as long as it does not lead to haram acts.

On 1/10/2020 at 5:05 AM, Eren said:

How is being transgender evil?

Guest straightboyanon
2 hours ago, gayboyanon said:

How is being transgender evil?

Mental disorders aren't evil, but degeneracy corrupts societies so it should be checked. These people should seek real help to overcome their issues, not inject estrogen and pretend everything is fine. Of course it's hard to fault them because they're seriously ill, but I think they have enough self awareness; this isn't the same as a man who thinks he's being spied on by martians. In this situation, the evil are those who enable them. And the Prophet did say that the end of times would be near when, paraphrasing, "Men look like women and women like men."

Also this may be unrelated, but transgenderism is a common theme with satanists.