Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why do Men Really Workout For If They Are Going to Stay Dressed?

• Advanced Member

Salam brothers and sisters,

Now I know what you might think or say, "well obviously to stay healthy!". 

However there are tons of exercises that are out there which doesnt include being in the gym working out your biceps or whatever it is they want to show off. And plus, most of our health is from our diet as we see from the Qur'an and Ahadith. 

I brought this up because all my friends have started telling to go to the gym and whatnot, but I'd rather at home exercises and tuning up my diet. 

Lets all be real here, men just want to seduce themselves to women in the gym. This is in fact the truth and the reality of it is so sad.

We can relate this back to the story of Adam AS. 

Please give me your thoughts. 

• Advanced Member
10 minutes ago, AkhiraisReal said:

Who goes to the gym to seduce women?

I know some people who does it, I feel bad for them tho. :hahaha:

• Unregistered
4 minutes ago, Diaz said:

I know some people who does it, I feel bad for them tho. :hahaha:

If your number 1 priority to go the gym is for seducing women, then boy you will stay there til you no longer have any libido left (100years old). 

• Unregistered
20 minutes ago, realizm said:

No need to go to the gym for that. Never heard of Abu Thar or Salman practicing in a gym.

Martial arts is good too. But that's for self defense. 

If you want to be stronger you need to lift some weight. Easiest way is go to gym. 

I am pretty sure the followers of Ahlul Bayt used some kind of substitutes instead of gym. 

Edited by AkhiraisReal

• Veteran Member
6 minutes ago, AkhiraisReal said:

Martial arts is good too. But that's for self defense. 

If you want to be stronger you need to lift some weight. Easiest way is go to gym. 

I am pretty sure the followers of Ahlul Bayt used some kind of substitutes instead of gym. 

Funny how you have variable logic, compared with the topic about perfume.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, FollowerofIslam said:

Why do Men Really Workout For If .

Are you talking about weight training ?

If so there are many benefits. You look better and if done with a specific goal you can improve all areas of athleticism. It increases testosterone. Makes it easier to burn fat etc etc.

And what's wrong with wanting to look good for your wife or future wife ?

Imam Ali arms were described as so muscular you couldn't see the elbow joint.

Be like Imam Ali...... jacked brother.

Edited by Warilla

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, realizm said:

No need to go to the gym for that. Never heard of Abu Thar or Salman practicing in a gym.

Salam they were doing physical work for long time & were eating less than anyone or were in wars  as they were following Imam Ali (عليه السلام) &Prophet Muhammad (pbu) but in oyr era we don't do exhausting physical activity & don't eat like them & War is postponed until reappearance of Imam Mahdi (aj) 

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

• Advanced Member
8 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam they were doing physical work for long time & were eating less than anyone or were in wars  as they were following Imam Ali (عليه السلام) &Prophet Muhammad (pbu) but in oyr era we don't do exhausting physical activity & don't eat like them & War is postponed until reappearance of Imam Mahdi (aj) 

How did they manage to eat less while engaging in very strenuous physical activity? What did their diet consist of?

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Northwest said:

How did they manage to eat less while engaging in very strenuous physical activity? What did their diet consist of?

They were fasting most of days & were breaking their fast with less amount of food that it said common diet of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) was barely bread with a small amount of salt that most of us can't follow his way except few people also it said by people that met Imam Mahdi (aj) he offered to some of them barely bread  & cucumber.

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

• 1 year later...
  • Advanced Member

I don't go to the gym just because I do not like how the gym has become more about taking instagram pics and videos to prove to people that you're working out than it is to become healthy. That's a direct result of the millennial generation (my generation) and the ones after them having to do everything for the sake of getting approval from others because of what another brother has referred to as "the game of Social media". A game that I do not play and am not good at.

If you're going to work out, then you should do it for yourself: whether that's to be more confident in your physical appearance or to improve your health. I have an exercise bike in my home that I ride about five and a half miles a day right now to get cardio and inshallah, lose some weight in the process because my medications cause me to gain weight easily. I know that I should probably be doing push-ups and crunches as well, but I have not incorporated that into my routine yet because I'm just starting off with making daily riding of the exercise bike a habit. I have noticed some positives: that I feel better physically and feel like I have accomplished at least something with my day from riding; it's gotten to the point where my day feels wasted and abnormal if I don't ride & this week I've done 32 miles and burned 791.5 calories-- not great, but many times better than when I was sedentary all day long, not getting any exercise.

If I can eventually get myself into a routine of doing maybe 10 miles a day and add in some bodyweight exercises (push-ups, crunches, squats) into that, I think I'd be in a lot better physical shape than I'm currently in & all without having to spend the money or go to someplace where there are going to be people judging me because I'm not interested in lifting weights/body building. After the initial investment of maybe $300 for the bike, I can use it in an environment wherein I am comfortable, listen to some podcasts while I ride, and get a shower as soon as I'm done without having to drive anywhere.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

I agree. In fact other than for (mostly) the biceps, all the major useful muscles can be trained with calisthenics without a lot of equipment.

Get a good pull-up bar with occasional running and you're all set if you can find a good barbell, although chin ups with pull-up bars are good too but you can't increase the weight easily for them.

Edited by Mark Enlightment

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Dubilex said:

Hmm, I know it may sound dirty saying it. But men should keep themselves in good shape, not only for themselves, but also to satisfy their women. Women are people too, and women don't like men who are fat and doesn't take care of themselves

Brothers club exist for a reason  :shifty:

edit:- I recommend brothers to start posting there too. Clubs exist for a reason, not all sisters wanna read what we r talking about. 

Edited by Diaz

On 1/8/2020 at 1:43 PM, FollowerofIslam said:

However there are tons of exercises that are out there which doesnt include being in the gym working out your biceps or whatever it is they want to show off. And plus, most of our health is from our diet as we see from the Qur'an and Ahadith. 

I brought this up because all my friends have started telling to go to the gym and whatnot, but I'd rather at home exercises and tuning up my diet. 

Lets all be real here, men just want to seduce themselves to women in the gym. This is in fact the truth and the reality of it is so sad.

Um bro because it is an awesome feeling to be strong. Like literally lifting heavy things easily makes life a lot easier. Yes of course women like a fit guy, but there are many other benefits. You have to experience it to know.

• Advanced Member
On 1/8/2020 at 7:43 PM, FollowerofIslam said:

The reason i started was to be strong and intimidating so people would mess with me less. It did work.

You can still tell someone works out if they wear a t shirt. Their biceps, neck, traps and chest will be noticed. My first issue was that my chest popped out on every t shirt a little too much so i had to go up a shirt size.

Other benefits are you become more confident. Nobody enjoys looking in the mirror and seeing themselves obese or scrawny.

There are also various health benefits you can guess but i wont go into detail with them as you probably know.

• Advanced Member

Honestly most men who go to the gym are weak. It's just the pump and it's not like you'll actually win if you were to get into a street fight. I noticed that people in the gym have big egos and there isn't even a sense of community. My main reason for leaving was cos a lot of women show up to the gym but it turned out to be the best decision ever.

I've literally given up and have started combat sports. I've grown so much pasison for boxing. I've noticed that the amount of confidence I had accumulated in the gym in many years - i have gained even more confidence by practising boxing. There's just something about these combat sports which gives us so much satisfaction as men - both mentally and physically. I feel it's better in real life situations compared to  lifting weights. One strong kick or a blow in the head could even take a bodybuilder down. 

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Honestly most men who go to the gym are weak. It's just the pump and it's not like you'll actually win if you were to get into a street fight. I noticed that people in the gym have big egos and there isn't even a sense of community. My main reason for leaving was cos a lot of women show up to the gym but it turned out to be the best decision ever.

I've literally given up and have started combat sports. I've grown so much pasison for boxing. I've noticed that the amount of confidence I had accumulated in the gym in many years - i have gained even more confidence by practising boxing. There's just something about these combat sports which gives us so much satisfaction as men - both mentally and physically. I feel it's better in real life situations compared to  lifting weights. One strong kick or a blow in the head could even take a bodybuilder down. 

there are 2 dangerous ppl in fights. The overall big dude who could toss you around and then the small guy with crazy stamina that can throw kicks and punches. Yeah i agree if you wanna be able to defend yourself boxing or wrestling would be better choices. But strength and size will definitely play a big role too. Otherwise there wouldn't be weight classes in fighting sports.

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Uni Student said:

accept the pending request then haha :P

I’m not the admin over there, let me ask brother Ali who is the owner of that club.