In the Name of God بسم الله

Pregnancy

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

As salamu alaykum

Ya Ali (عليه السلام) Madad

My husband don't want me to get pregnant so Im taking medecines to not get pregnant since 1 year, but I want to.

So if I stop taking it without telling him, is it ghunnah ? I know I will get pregnant he will be happy but he says that he is not ready, but I reallywant to and if I tell to him he will never be agree. 

What should I do ? And is it ghunnah ? 

Ps: We don’t have any child.

Semen (of the husband) is the "property" of the woman, so she has the right to decide whether or not she wishes to get pregnant by it. 

According to Sayyid Sistani:

Question: What about practicing coitus interruptus during intercourse?

Answer: It is allowed, yet its Makrooh (abominable), unless the wife gives permission,

Question: Is it permissible for the husband to force his wife not to get pregnant even though she wants to? He forces her to take pills, injections or use an IUD
Answer: He has no right to do that .

6Question: Some women wish to avoid pregnancy, but their husbands want (them to get pregnant). Is it permissible to use pills or injections to prevent conception?

Answer: It is necessary for a woman to submit herself to her husband and be available for him. However, she can use pills to prevent conception even if her husband does not want her to do so.

Edited by habib e najjaar

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, SyedaZahra1109 said:

As salamu alaykum

Ya Ali (عليه السلام) Madad

My husband don't want me to get pregnant so Im taking medecines to not get pregnant since 1 year, but I want to.

So if I stop taking it without telling him, is it ghunnah ? I know I will get pregnant he will be happy but he says that he is not ready, but I reallywant to and if I tell to him he will never be agree. 

What should I do ? And is it ghunnah ? 

Ps: We don’t have any child.

Alhamdulilah, 

Insha’Allah Your husband will eventually have to understand that everything is by the will of Allah. If Allah has it in the plans for there to be a child then nothing we do or attempt to do can stop the will of Allah no matter what precaution is taken or what type of contraceptives are used. So he should stop saying he is not ready because Allah will know best when he is ready and no one knows better than Allah. 

As a couple you should definitely communicate with your husband and tell him how you truly feel. It may be hard to do, but Insha’Allah this will lead to a healthier relationship for both of you. 

May Allah make it easy for the both of you to be ready and happy if and  when Allah chooses the right time for you both to have a child.