Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Iraqi Parliament votes to expel US forces

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, The Green Knight said:

What better opportunity can there be to peacefully pull out of Iraq?

Hurricane Wilma. 

2 hours ago, The Green Knight said:

You're making the US crusade sound legitimate or purposeful.

My apologies, we've all known the war agenda was corrupt for many years. The Dems have been all over the Middle East, and many countries sucking as much out as they can. Somehow Trump is different. 

It's not my country. I'm farther North. Up there with the wimpy PM. Actually I'm up here, he's in Costa Rica drinking vodka, smoking pot and building sand castles.

• Advanced Member
On 1/5/2020 at 11:55 AM, Haji 2003 said:

Even with a threat of expanding terrorism in the Middle East, it certainly didn't stop the US from moving into Afghanistan pretty swiftly.  If Iran couldn't manage the fight with IS on it's own, couldn't the US just return at a later date? 

• Veteran Member
15 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I think its ingenious. I must admit I did not expect such a smart and timely response. Albeit I will believe it when and if they eventually leave Iraq. It also makes me wonder what chess piece or move are they thinking to rely upon if they actually go along with this. Most probably they will not abandon some air bases, they will not let all that money go to waste by comprehensively removing their military presence and the ability to quickly garrison a lot of troops in that country. That remains wishful thinking.

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, notme said:

More are deploying right now. 

Please tell us more about this?

Edit: Nevermind.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/05/us/military-families-troops-deployed-us-Iran-trnd/index.html

Edited by The Green Knight
  • Moderators
8 minutes ago, The Green Knight said:

Please tell us more about this?

http://m.startribune.com/more-us-troops-deploy-to-mideast-amid-tensions-with-Iran/566720202/

Also, I saw a tweet by a woman whose son was deploying, though he might have been from this same division. 

• Advanced Member
17 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

Y'know what. Don't test him. Like him or hate him, sit back and listen to the biggest fist in the world.

Hayhat minna dhilla!

We believe in the power of God before the power of men and death does not equal defeat to us.

• Advanced Member

Oh my God, the incompetence of this administration is astounding; There was a letter leaked by Iraqi government officials saying Americans were leaving, then Mark Esper denied it and then the general who had authored that letter had to go back and say it was poorly drafted and that it was handed to the Iraqi government but that it shouldn't have gone out to the public. My guess is the military probably thought since the Iraqis want them to leave they'll leave but then they heard otherwise from the clueless president, so they had to take back their statement. The pentagon has had so many resignations in the past couple weeks and I wonder if all the sane people leave, does that mean there's no one that can prevent a war from happening? 

Guest Guest-John-Doe
17 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

Y'know what. Don't test him. Like him or hate him, sit back and listen to the biggest fist in the world. He's tried to pull out troupes and something always happens. He's tired of being part of an endless war, (Something you've never heard from past presidents), and his strategy is to stop wars so he can get out. He's trying to build up the US economy and could do a much better job if not spending billions dropping bombs.

Have you noticed that no one on this website is paying any attention to you or anything you say because they all know you're just a Trump fan boy? You're one of those people who see Trump as some sort of Saint where he does nothing wrong, and he'll come and fix up the entire country & this & that & all these fantasies of this & that & oh my gosh. All you Trump lovers are so far out of touch with reality. 

So clearly nobody is paying any attention to you with replies or emojis on your posts because there's no point in arguing with someone who's so far stuck up Trump's rear. (Excuse my language). All you Trump lovers' judgement are all so clouded by your infatuation of this guy cuz he represents all the "fill in the blank" nationalism that's deep in your hearts.

Oh and by the way, I'm White Canadian just like you & I served in the army.  

Stop seeing this unhinged war criminal as some sort of 'he's going to fix up the world & get us out of all these wars' type thing & change the whole world & jesus christ.

With all due respect sir; when people see this, no one bothers wasting their time conversing with you people cuz you're all so far out of touch with reality.

I apologize if I offended you, that was not my intetion. It just sickens me that Trump is seen as some sort of Saint when he's the furthest thing from it. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

:(

As expected: 

Implies. Implies?

I predict the Brigadier General Seely will be resigning or retiring very soon. 

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Mohamed1993 said:

My guess is the military probably thought since the Iraqis want them to leave they'll leave but then they heard otherwise from the clueless president, so they had to take back their statement.

I think the letter was only meant to change the general and the original plan is unchanged.

I wonder when people will learn to stop blaming USA's political "administrations" who are never in control concerning their greater plans.

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, The Green Knight said:

I think the letter was only meant to change the general and the original plan is unchanged.

I wonder when people will learn to stop blaming USA's political "administrations" who are never in control concerning their greater plans.

I remember seeing this years ago. Thus far it hasn't happened. It proves the real intention of the US war machine. That was George Bush.

• Veteran Member
11 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

I remember seeing this years ago. Thus far it hasn't happened. It proves the real intention of the US war machine. That was George Bush.

The reason why it did not completely happen, or in the intended military way for all seven countries so far, could be something other than what you mention. Maybe even something simple like expectation having not overcome reality.

• Veteran Member

"Iraq’s Shia factions to meet within hours to announce united anti-US military front"

http://middleeastobserver.net/iraqs-Shia-factions-to-meet-within-hours-to-announce-united-anti-us-military-campaign/

P.S.: There should be available option for foreign Shias to enlist for what may soon turn into a historically grand pig hunt in the Middle East.

• Veteran Member
3 hours ago, The Green Knight said:

They are deploying thousands of paratroopers. Probably they have a plan to airdrop them under air support. I wish I could join in the skeet shooting and take some trophies.

That would make it sport. I think you're on to something.

• Veteran Member
23 hours ago, Sumerian said:

Trump is holding my country ransom and wants us to pay for the airbases we never needed or wanted in the first place.

Yeah . . . and what happened to all the bases and stuff Saddam paid the EU countries -especially Germany- to build?

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

Dear lord he is a moron, the US has spent trillions of dollars on a war and propping up Iraq's government and now they want to put sanctions on them if they ask them to leave after they violated Iraqi sovereignty? How does that help the US in any way? 

Edited by Mohamed1993
  • Veteran Member
6 hours ago, notme said:

:(

As expected: 

Implies. Implies?

I predict the Brigadier General Seely will be resigning or retiring very soon. 

France24 is reporting that in a clarification briefing the Chairman, JCS returned to the reporters after the initial press conference to say this letter "was a draft and should not have been released". France24 is also reporting there are other letters -some signed and some unsigned- that have been released and leaked.

• Forum Administrators
On 1/5/2020 at 4:50 PM, Haji 2003 said:

More realistically I think what is likely to happen is that Iraqis who are likely working with the Americans, may find that their lives becomes much harder. That's the sort of low level reprisal which will be below the radar, but may have tangible consequences if it is scaled up.

And now we have this:

Shia militia leaders have vowed to target and kill Iraqi citizens who have cooperated with foreign forces, describing them as enemies who will be “eliminated”.

https://www.theguardian.com/Australia-news/2020/jan/07/interpreters-helping-australian-soldiers-fear-for-lives-as-Iraq-votes-to-expel-foreign-troops

• Veteran Member
31 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

And now we have this:

This is what happens to "collaborators" everywhere.

Back after the US invasion of lraq, the US got so few people to work for them they had to blackmail them.

• Veteran Member

l am watching PressTV and the Live portion has a split-screen over voice interview.

One screen and caption shows Abu al-Mahdi and people giving him a large send-off for his return trip to lraq.

• Advanced Member
42 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

The US cannot afford this war, its balancing very carefully already between losing its global power to Russia/China and maintaining it. The US is engaged in multiple tug of war with these two countries all over the globe already, trying to win power and influence.

• Veteran Member
8 hours ago, Mohamed1993 said:

Dear lord he is a moron, the US has spent trillions of dollars on a war and propping up Iraq's government and now they want to put sanctions on them if they ask them to leave after they violated Iraqi sovereignty? How does that help the US in any way? 

It was all meant to help Israel and destroy Islam.

• Veteran Member

Operation "Onward Movement" is the new "Turn Right"

Onward to Mashhad is the meaning.

The US thumbing its nose at a lawfullly, elected gov't.

How "democratic" is this?  lt is 'demoncratic'.

One news source is:  https://www.dw.com/en/us-rejects-Iraqi-parliaments-call-to-withdraw-troops/a-51958747 

• 9 months later...
  • Advanced Member
On 1/5/2020 at 4:27 PM, Soldiers and Saffron said:

I hope it does not come to years. The risk of a huge war is very high if the kafirs troops are not thrown out of Iraq within the coming weeks.

In a joint statement on Saturday, Iraqi resistance groups agreed on a conditional ceasefire to American forces present in Iraq, saying they would halt their military operations against the US troops

They stressed that the “conditional opportunity” was created “to respect the good efforts made by some national and political figures to draw up a clear and specific timetable for the implementation of the decision of the Iraqi people, parliament, and government on withdrawal of foreign troops from Iraq.”

On Sunday, Muhammad Mohi, spokesman for Kata'ib Hezbollah, said in an exclusive interview with Reuters that Baghdad must implement the parliamentary resolution. ... Mohi said that there was no deadline for Baghdad to implement the parliament’s resolution

Source

It appears that the Iraqi “Resistance” has effectively capitulated to the Americans, since no deadline is being imposed on the passage of a resolution.

Guest LooneyTooney

The offer is out there for Shia to split the I-Raq into two, split Baghdad city along Khadimiya and keep everything down to Basra. Leave the rest to sort out between Kurds and Sunnis, essentially a weak and dependent buffer state like Jordan, ruled by “secular and democratic” Kurds.

Shia Marjaiya refuse the offer. Shia don’t want to become the party of any colonial schemes even though momentarily it might suit them. Besides, the collective Islamic heritage in Baghdad is too great for it to be split. 

Circumstances are forcing Iraqis into three options, either become Iran, or Lebanon or remain like Afghanistan / Syria. 

West’s goal is to keep Iraq same as Afg/Syr. Easy to steal natural resources, keep the nation state weak, sell more weapons, all the while keeping the sectarian divisions intact. Side benefits include a constant destabilizing land next to Iran, Turkey, and GCC. A tool to keep all of these friends and foes in link, essentially maintains a leverage of chaos. 

Even if Resistance wins, given Iraq’s inherent eco system, it seems a Lebanon like solution would be more likely due to the traitors Ibn traitors there in the form of Baathist and Pro Zio Kurds who would never allow the Iraq to become a strong and unified state unless they get to rule it. 

It’s important to note that many ordinary Sunnis and Kurds also don’t want Iraq to split. Although unlike Shia, they both don’t have any leadership, and are easily swayed back and forth by manufactured sectarian events and slogans.  

In any case, to reach any Pro-Iraq solution, Iraqis would be forced to cross the river of blood to get to become either an IRI2, or a compromised gov. like Lebanon. West, arrogant of its superiority and military might doesn’t want it anything more than an Afg/Syr. 

• Advanced Member
16 hours ago, Guest LooneyTooney said:

It’s important to note that many ordinary Sunnis and Kurds also don’t want Iraq to split.

While they may not want to “split,” they hate Iran and Shia more than they oppose partition, so this answer is misleading at best. Iranian policy of “unity” is misguided and has clearly failed in Iraq, given that most Iraqis are more interested in material benefits than resisting foreign incursion, so the Iranian policy, ironically, is only accelerating the West’s control of Iraq, including some of its Shia elements. Even the PMUs and their allies, as noted in the PressTV article above, have basically conceded as much and capitulated to the West, since they have refused to impose a deadline on the Iraqi Parliament for the passage of legislature to remove foreign forces from Iraq.

Edited by Northwest
  • Advanced Member
On 1/6/2020 at 5:15 PM, Mohamed1993 said:

America the land of the sheep, home of the foolish?

...or maybe the voters—or at least a large subset of them—are just as evil as the Satanists (both Ds/Rs) they vote in?

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
20 hours ago, Northwest said:

Iranian policy of “unity”

hi the policy of Iran has many supporters between ordinary Sunnis & Kurds even I think their number between them is higher than Shias of Iraq but due to their situation they are trying remain neutral as much as possible in order to not being  hammered between America & KSA from one side & Iran from other side but recently they are showing a little shift toward Iran that in Arabic Lebanese media in a challenge show that asked from Sunni celebrities & political figures to choose between allying & living between KSA & Iran , Majority of them selected Iran even a KSA citizen preferred Iran to KSA that after choosing Iran by a Sunni politician from Lebanon that his party always was long term ally of KSA in Lebanon one the KSA officials from Al-Saud family showed his anger & worry from such shift toward Iran between Sunni community.

f3ccdd27d2000e3f9255a7e3e2c48800_448.jpg

https://fa.abna24.com/news/اخبار-آسیای-غربی-و-خاورمیانه/سرخوردگی-شاهزاده-سعودی-از-حمایت-سیاستمدار-لبنانی-از-ایرا_776949.html

Guest Sunshine

Iraq is literally done. There is no way to fix this country and it will never get better. People dont understand what Usa presence even means. Its not just they build their bases in Iraq. Without Usa  diplomacy we will lost our economy. So supporting Usa diplomatic ties does not mean we are pro America. It just keeping our lousy  oil economy alive. We dont have other options.  My dislike to PMU has grown very big...  None of people can  even critic them without getting kidnaped, assassinated and property destroyed by their own rioters. What kind of government force would do such  thing  in a country? Only army forced that are owned and controlled  by political party instead of government.  There is no good PMU anymore. Top army are literally Pro Iranian faction.. Katab hisbollah and Badr origination.. Sistanis  force arent there anymore..  They have no interest to  develop this country. What  they enjoy is to cause fitna between Kurds, Sunnis and Shia that arent interest in their Iranian hegemony. 

Guest Sunshine

Yesterday, PMU and Asa'ib Ahl al-Haq militants (directly linked to Iran) arrested 28 people in Balad district. Today, people have found 12  death bodies. Yeah this how these militants in government payroll operates. We have seen this many times before. They arrest people and they just magically disappear.