Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Iraqi Parliament votes to expel US forces

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)

Do you think that could really force americans to leave ? If they don’t do that could really show more to the world how dictatorial they are toward other countries.

Guest Sunshine
7 minutes ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

Do you think that could really force americans to leave ? If they don’t do that could really show more to the world how dictatorial they are toward other countries.

They have done this before under Obama and bush but it needs negotiation with both sides. If they stay in Iraq.. they are going to violate law.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

There needs to be a deadline for the kafir troops to withdraw otherwise they could drag it along for months while they finance and support chaos in Iraq in hopes of making the government change their mind because of fear.

Edited by Soldiers and Saffron
  • Veteran Member

Not quite.

As the speculation on American news this morning said, this will fail. About 3 hours ago.

What did pas was a resolution -which unlike a law, is not binding on the gov't- which says: "The lraqi gov't must work to end the presence of any foreign troops on lraqi soil and prohibit them from using its land, airspace or water for any reason."

https://uk.reuters.com/article/Iraq-security-parliament-resolution-idUKD5N27G00U    

Iraq has lodged a complaint with the UN Sec.Gen and the UNSC asking them to condemn "American aggression on lraqi military positions and the assassinations of lraqi and allied high level military commanders on lraqi soil."

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSS8N27L04K 

• Veteran Member
3 minutes ago, Soldiers and Saffron said:

..                                                                                                                                                              years

There needs to be a deadline for the kafir troops to withdraw otherwise they could drag it along for mon^ths while they finance and support chaos in Iraq in hopes of making the government change their mind because of fear.

Corrected -lMHO

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)

Note: US media, not just CBS on Face the Nation, is describing Iraqi lawmakers who are demanding expulsion of foreign troops as "pro-lranian lawmakers".

To wit, Pompeo just said that the US "has put lran in a position it has not been in before" --whatever that means.

Pompy just blamed, again, Soleimani as launching the K-1 attack that killed [an unidentified American contractor] --although l believe Soleimani was in lran at the time.

"The lraqi people are not protesting against the United States"  :ko:

the lranians "must do the right thing". whatever that means and heard sometimes before

interview over 10:44

Edited by hasanhh
  • Forum Administrators
Posted (edited)

More realistically I think what is likely to happen is that Iraqis who are likely working with the Americans, may find that their lives becomes much harder. That's the sort of low level reprisal which will be below the radar, but may have tangible consequences if it is scaled up.

Sadr said a security agreement with the United States should be cancelled immediately, the US embassy should be closed down, US troops must be expelled in a humiliating manner, and communication with the US government should be criminalised.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/Iran-news-live-Trump-war-soleimani-death-bombing-attack-tensions-a9270856.html

Edited by Haji 2003
Guest Sunshine

Im completely honest with you guys. The Pro Iranians Iraqis are biggest threat to our county. They are bigger threat than Usa or Iran itself. Their economic policies are absolutely disastrous and they don’t know how to manage a country. We cannot sustain our economy with oil. People always say we are rich because we have oil but in reality thats is not true.  The oil demands has been low for many years and it still continuing.. The oil prices will go higher. It also means we cannot increase our export production which means our economy will grown in low pace. Then you have very fast growing population. Then you have high amount of corruption and mismanagement. I really don’t know how we are going to survive. Sadr has completely betrayed the protest movement. Now Fatah wants bring back Abdul Mahdi as PM. They suddenly forgot that they killed over 500 innocent people. This will spark outrage and I don’t know how Iraqi is going defend itself when every are fighting each other.

Guest Sunshine

BREAKING: Trump threatens Iraq with sanctions if they expel US troops: “If they do ask us to leave, if we don’t do it in a very friendly basis. We will charge them sanctions like they’ve never seen before ever. It’ll make Iranian sanctions look somewhat tame.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/06/Trump-threatens-to-slap-sanctions-on-Iraq-like-theyve-never-seen-before.html

I swear God. I really want to break Trumps mouth with my fist. Iraq is already suffering from 30% poverty rate. This Orange wants put bigger sanctions than Iran in Iraq because Iraqi government voted Usa army out  legally. If Trump do this. Millions of children in Iraq will starve to death. I will never ever will forgive this.

• Advanced Member

So this isn't a binding resolution, it still needs to be proposed by the President and the PM (Iraq currently doesn't have a PM) and then it needs to be voted on, edited, revoted on and then there's a timeline, it could take years. Trump has said the US would not leave Iraq unless they were compensated for their base there and they would put worse sanctions on Iraq than they did on Iran if they decided to expel them without a mutually agreed upon request. 

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

Trump is holding my country ransom and wants us to pay for the airbases we never needed or wanted in the first place.

Why are the Sunnis and kurds so pro-American even after he's such a lunatic nutcase? He literally abandoned the kurds for Turkey in Syria. Yet, they still think the US presence is helpful. I don't see what purpose it will serve because they've been asked to stop training Iraqi security forces because of the heightened threats. 

• Advanced Member
16 minutes ago, Mohamed1993 said:

Why are the Sunnis and kurds so pro-American even after he's such a lunatic nutcase? He literally abandoned the kurds for Turkey in Syria. Yet, they still think the US presence is helpful. I don't see what purpose it will serve because they've been asked to stop training Iraqi security forces because of the heightened threats. 

Some of the Sunnis are financed by Gulf states or view American presence as their counter to Shi'a power in Baghdad which is backed by Iran. Also, US has a good relationship with some Sunni tribes going back to the Iraq troop surge to fight Al-Qaeda during the Bush occupation.

Kurds in Iraq aren't the same as Kurds in Syria, and they still believe Washington is their counter to Iranian presence.

• Advanced Member
Just now, Sumerian said:

Kurds in Iraq aren't the same as Kurds in Syria, and they still believe Washington is their counter to Iranian presence.

Kurds in Iraq haven't really been well treated by the US either, they pretty much gave Saddam a cart blanche to slaughter them in 1991.

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, Guest Sunshine said:

BREAKING: Trump threatens Iraq with sanctions if they expel US troops: “If they do ask us to leave, if we don’t do it in a very friendly basis. We will charge them sanctions like they’ve never seen before ever. It’ll make Iranian sanctions look somewhat tame.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/06/Trump-threatens-to-slap-sanctions-on-Iraq-like-theyve-never-seen-before.html

I swear God. I really want to break Trumps mouth with my fist. Iraq is already suffering from 30% poverty rate. This Orange wants put bigger sanctions than Iran in Iraq because Iraqi government voted Usa army out  legally. If Trump do this. Millions of children in Iraq will starve to death. I will never ever will forgive this.

Y'know what. Don't test him. Like him or hate him, sit back and listen to the biggest fist in the world. He's tried to pull out troupes and something always happens. He's tired of being part of an endless war, (Something you've never heard from past presidents), and his strategy is to stop wars so he can get out. He's trying to build up the US economy and could do a much better job if not spending billions dropping bombs. 

If he blows 52 Iranian sites, it will be Iran's Hiroshima. If he puts sanctions on Iraq, they will also hurt. If everybody stops fighting and gets along, he'll pull out and be happy to talk trade. 
I don't believe it's a winning strategy because we all know the Middle East will never get along. Worse, The US Military doesn't want the wars to stop either. Obama's underground just got caught advising Iran on what to do with Trump. In other words, force him to pull out of and call his bluff. Obama didn't stop any wars. Dropped 200,000 bombs, kept all wars going right through his reign, Hillary was supposed to keep the war machine running. The Dems would like nothing more than to see this turn bloody. 

• Veteran Member
7 hours ago, AkhiraisReal said:

they should have expelled them 20 years ago.

What business do they have in another country? Send Iraqi troops to USA and see how they would get detained and expelled.

:hahaha: "Like our illegal entry desperados?"

• Moderators

The US is the worst ally, even before the rat faced thug took the presidency. We've been breaking promises since even before we were a country and we never stopped. Never trust the US government for anything. 

The whole world needs to grow a spine and stand up to the big stupid bully. 

The whole would against us would be awful for regular people for a little while, we'd suffer more than the politicians and billionaires, but not more awful than for people in places where we've gone warmongering. And in the end, maybe it would be better for everyone. Maybe the world would be a better place. 

• Veteran Member
3 hours ago, Guest Sunshine said:

[Cursing Deleted] , but this does show Trump has got US into a real jam.

Guest I Forgot My Username
12 hours ago, Guest Sunshine said:

Im completely honest with you guys. The Pro Iranians Iraqis are biggest threat to our county.

Are you sure you are honest? You can't believe this, can you?

There isn't a square metre in Iraq where this is true, and you know it. 

We are being threatened with sanctions, and last time we had sanctions some 500,000-1,000,000+ died depending which source you read, and you are spouting this rubbish?

Guest People
On 1/5/2020 at 6:14 AM, Guest Sunshine said:

There is nothing to be proud of this. These same miliants that are under PMU  where roaming in street 2003-2011 killing innocent people. Government Under Maliki,Haideri,Sadr, Hakimi had over 16 years create stable army but where is that army? If they did build real army.. Isis would never manage to come in Iraq and we would saved hundreds thousand of martyrs. PMU was more than army. It was election campaign for Haider al emiri party. He was leader of PMU and  previously he had coaltion with Maliki for many years. The reason why Im criticizing Pro iranian leaders because they where accountable of corruption and Iraq government over 2 decade.

Don’t keep blaming the government... the government are from the people... it will keep repeating itself until people change... governments don’t come from Mars.

Imam Ali said it too... the government are from the people...

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Sirius_Bright said:

Does anyone with legal expertise know whether the Commander in Chief is subject to military law? I mean, [sarcasm]clearly he is above national law....[/sarcasm]

Someone needs to haul off this buffoon before he gets us all killed. Congress, do your jobs and complete the impeachment procedure so he's ready for criminal prosecution. How have we left a traitor in office this long?

• Development Team
2 hours ago, notme said:

Someone needs to haul off this buffoon before he gets us all killed. Congress, do your jobs and complete the impeachment procedure so he's ready for criminal prosecution. How have we left a traitor in office this long?

Believe it or not, the killing of Soleimani was to divert attention from impeachment and rile American's emotions as elections are near. Many leader's around the world use this tactic. 

Reza Marashi (@rezamarashi) Tweeted:.

• Advanced Member

39 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

Believe it or not, the killing of Soleimani was to divert attention from impeachment and rile American's emotions as elections are near. Many leader's around the world use this tactic. 

Reza Marashi (@rezamarashi) Tweeted:.

This entire thread is so concerning, how can a person so dumb be in power? And the fact that 50+ million still support him, what does that say about the country? America the land of the sheep, home of the foolish? https://twitter.com/rezamarashi/status/1214031169173348352?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

• Veteran Member
4 minutes ago, Mohamed1993 said:

And the fact that 50+ million still support him, what does that say about the country?

That American Media is the modern Roman Arena, satiating the desire for more violence that football can no longer provide.

• Veteran Member
14 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

Y'know what. Don't test him. Like him or hate him, sit back and listen to the biggest fist in the world. He's tried to pull out troupes and something always happens. He's tired of being part of an endless war, (Something you've never heard from past presidents), and his strategy is to stop wars so he can get out. He's trying to build up the US economy and could do a much better job if not spending billions dropping bombs. 

What better opportunity can there be to peacefully pull out of Iraq? You're making the US crusade sound legitimate or purposeful.

14 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

The US Military doesn't want the wars to stop

Wars are won or lost. Conquerors don't just go away when requested as I wrote earlier and prior to Trump's response, proving me right.

I think this is the best opportunity for all Muslims to take the plunge. Either kick your country's teeth in and send it reeling, or die on our feet instead of being assimilated. Fulfill our destiny. And US's.