Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Haji 2003

Gen. Suleimani assassination [ANALYSIS]

Rate this topic

I have a question about qassim soleimani

is it true that he killed a bunch of protestors because a lot of them were criminals however a lot of innocent lives were lost too?

im hearing two different perspectives and I would like someone to make it clear for me, possibly even send me links to reliable sources

fee amanillah 

1 hour ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

I have a question about qassim soleimani

is it true that he killed a bunch of protestors because a lot of them were criminals however a lot of innocent lives were lost too?

im hearing two different perspectives and I would like someone to make it clear for me, possibly even send me links to reliable sources

fee amanillah 

Salam he never involved in confronting with protesters but sent warning message to riots between them that anti Iranian regime channels used it to make rumors about killing protesters by his command. 

OPINE:

Trying to figure out 'why' the US targeted Soleimani last Friday and not earlier (the US sent him a warning letter in 2016 and tracked his movements in real time for years) l come to this tenative hypothesis:

Based on our posts on page 2 and the historical posts of diplomatic activity of Sunday/Monday-05/06Jan20 l come to the conclusion that this was to prevent the regional diplomatic efforts of Qater, lRl, KSA et alia from going forward. Stopping a diplomatic letter and then getting a war started is a "control freak" move by 'the US' to maintain complete situationa dominancel (dire as the situation is).

lf true, then Trump -who has no independent knowledge of his own- was played by elements in his own gov't. Even Germany has changed stance and condemned the airstrike today, as had Finland and several other EU countries. Therefore, if l was William Barr, l'd initiated an investigation of who was involved in deliberately misleading Trump.

Supplemental Factoid: The US cannot deny that Soleimani could be on another diplomatic mission as American flag officers have frequently done this. Even in the 1990s, only DoD had any diplomatic capacity as the State Dep't was so dysfunctional --as repeatedly reported on in US media at the time. Historically, even when State was functional, US flag-ranks did diplomatic missions: Andrews, Clark in WW2 and for decades Vernon Walters (he spoke 6 or 7 languages).

82290688_2682491445176510_3038779109556617216_o.thumb.jpg.c4e8b51ae2d0691efaa54c52133adee2.jpg

Saw this earlier today. Wanted to ask people living in UK and US,how is the general political climate there after the assassinations? Has it changed to being hostile towards Muslims like it was post 9/11? 

51 minutes ago, starlight said:

82290688_2682491445176510_3038779109556617216_o.thumb.jpg.c4e8b51ae2d0691efaa54c52133adee2.jpg

Saw this earlier today. Wanted to ask people living in UK and US,how is the general political climate there after the assassinations? Has it changed to being hostile towards Muslims like it was post 9/11? 

Divided in US.

There is a vocal supportive population, and a vocal hateful population. I wasn't Muslim when the 9/11 attacks happened, but I don't see more hostility than usual from my conservative family members on the internet, but I have seen more words of support from liberal groups and a few religious groups. 

@starlight

Things in the U.K. aren't nearly as hostile as they were in the aftermath of 9/11.

The media's agenda has always portrayed Iran and its allies as the cause of instability in the Middle East so nothing new there. 

The spikes typically occur after domestic/European and international incidents that are classified as 'Islamic terrorism'.

The vigil at the Islamic centre has been used to portray the local Shia community as supporters of 'terrorists' 

What's new is that usually 'terror' is associated with Wahabis and Salafis whereas now it's associated with the Shia.

GENEVA (REUTERS) - The January US drone strike in Iraq that killed top Iranian general Qassem Soleimani and nine other people represented a violation of international law, a UN human rights investigator said on Monday (July 6).

The United States has failed to provide sufficient evidence of an ongoing or imminent attack against its interests to justify the strike on Soleimani's convoy as it left Baghdad airport, said Agnes Callamard, UN special rapporteur on extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions.

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/un-expert-deems-us-drone-strike-on-iranian-general-soleimani-an-unlawful-killing?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=sttw&utm_medium=social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1594073210

Pakistani daily reveals Trump claimed that Soleimani was planning an imminent attack

Pakistani daily reveals US lies and illegality

Even the US Department of Homeland Security said that Iran presented no specific, credible threats against the US.

Notably, the Department of Homeland Security stated this on the very day when U.S. military illegally assassinated Iranian general Qassem Soleimani in Baghdad.

The ET editorial discusses the new UN report that said the US drone strike that killed Iranian Revolutionary Guard Commander Qassem Soleimani in January was unlawful.

https://en.abna24.com/news//video-ongoing-humanitarian-catastrophe-in-yemen-due-to-suffocating-siege-by-saudi-coalition_1054245.html

Analysis: World’s voice of conscience condemns US Gen. Soleimani assassination

https://en.abna24.com/news//analysis-world’s-voice-of-conscience-condemns-us-gen-soleimani-assassination_1054979.html

8 hours ago, hasanhh said:

The spy arrested a year before assassination of Gen Suleimani but due to security  issues the news about it released last month which  caused this misunderstanding  that he was involved in assassination  of Gen Suleimani  because before arresting a year ago he reported some information  about Gen Suleimani but as always these type of sites are mixing different matters that has no connection  to each other to make prove for their  propaganda against  Iran , instead of accepting they fed with wrong information from this guy that provided by Iran security  services when he was under their hidden survelience  that leads to finding other foreign  spies that were in contact  with him. 

42 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

but as always these type of sites are mixing different matters that has no connection  to each other to make prove for their  propaganda against  Iran

This is more 'true' than a platitude.

During the Bush '43 Administration, the head of the lran 'desk' at RFE/RL was William Samii who ran and editorialized a good site; as he had worked in places such as the State Department and the Naval War College. He was replaced because the Bushies  wanted propaganda rather than a credible resource. As soon as he was gone, the tone and quality of the site dropped significantly.

Another thing l Iiked about his work was he'd correct news reports and occasionally do analytical explanations, even using lRl sources (which he must have had corroborated).