Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Zellali

Are Tirmizi Syeds, actual syeds?

Rate this topic

I am asking as there has been a proposal from a Tirmizi syed Shia for my cousin and obviously some ulema say they are supposed syed, but can someone make sure of either views? 

2 hours ago, Zellali said:

I am asking as there has been a proposal from a Tirmizi syed Shia for my cousin and obviously some ulema say they are supposed syed, but can someone make sure of either views? 

Send a DNA test.

20 hours ago, Guest Muslim said:

Why are Pakistanis always so concerned about sayyids/non-sayyids marrying their women :hahaha:

I don't know man, why don't u ask my uncle, I'm just trying to help my cousin and she comes from a family where its difficult to voice ur opinions as a daughter, especially since her mom passed away when she was younger. Thanks for thw reply :p

19 hours ago, Abu Nur said:

Send a DNA test.

Thanks alot for the historical evidence backing up ur answer. I can’t thank u enough. Its been a decade since I lost used my brain, u can’t blame me really

Sorry I asked. I didnt mean to offend anyone/was trying to be rude. Personally I don’t care, but if its something someone's parents wish, after everything they've done for you, if you find a good Muslim guy whose also Shia, and syed why not go for it. It can be a really difficult thing to fight against (one of my fam friends she got married to a non syed non Shia guy, who is now more educated on shiasm than most of us, but her marriage was at the expense of her family ties with mom and dads side. Luckily her parents were more understanding but did suffer the consequences of not meeting their own brothers and some sisters.) Again, not saying ITS TOTALLY RIGHT OR JUSTIFIED, just saying not everyones as bold and not everyone has understanding parents. 

Edited by Zellali

:salam:

Your approach is a bit weird @Zellali, which such a strict family, all you should wish for your cousin is to marry someone, be it a true or fake Sayyid. 

Yet here you are asking validation for his authenticity, it seems you are formatted just like your family.

Not judging sister, just saying what this looks like.

On 12/31/2019 at 11:13 PM, Zellali said:

Salam,

Tirmizi are real Sayyid. They attach the name of the city/province from which they belongs I.e., Tirmiz just like many Zaidi Sayyid call themselves "Wasiti" as they belongs to Wasit province. Tirmizi's are actually Zaidi Sadaat.  

Wassalam.

Edited by Logic1234
typo

On 12/31/2019 at 11:13 PM, Zellali said:

Yes they are actual syed but for your confusion..further do istikhara..If istikhara says He/She is better fir your czn then I think you should go with that. It's my opinion.

On 1/2/2020 at 2:42 AM, 2Timeless said:

Lol still doesnt matter, even if parents are being extra if they're reasonable they wont kill a girl for saying yes to a 'Tirmizi Shia Sayed' whatever that even is :rolleyes:

Uh, the problem is it does matter. Atleast to her father. If you read what I wrote above, youd understand better. She comes from a place where women arent used to voicing opinions and are used to saying yes. We only want whats best for her and that there is minimal problems when we talk to her dad. Why are most answers from you in a condescending tone? 

On 1/2/2020 at 3:57 AM, realizm said:

:salam:

Your approach is a bit weird @Zellali, which such a strict family, all you should wish for your cousin is to marry someone, be it a true or fake Sayyid. 

Yet here you are asking validation for his authenticity, it seems you are formatted just like your family.

Not judging sister, just saying what this looks like.

I don t care about syed non syed. Its the family of the cousin who cares. I don’t care. We want to minimize opposition from her father when we present a proposal. I don’t care. Did I forget to mention it in a previous answer too? I don’t care. 

On 1/2/2020 at 12:43 PM, Logic1234 said:

Salam,

Tirmizi are real Sayyid. They attach the name of the city/province from which they belongs I.e., Tirmiz just like many Zaidi Sayyid call themselves "Wasiti" as they belongs to Wasit province. Tirmizi's are actually Zaidi Sadaat.  

Wassalam.

Thank you for this. I searched on Wikipedia and got a similar answer. Just wanted to reassure things :)

On 1/2/2020 at 12:52 PM, Iqbal1214 said:

Yes they are actual syed but for your confusion..further do istikhara..If istikhara says He/She is better fir your czn then I think you should go with that. It's my opinion.

Yes thats good advice! Thank you!

3 hours ago, Zellali said:

Uh, the problem is it does matter. Atleast to her father. If you read what I wrote above, youd understand better. She comes from a place where women arent used to voicing opinions and are used to saying yes. We only want whats best for her and that there is minimal problems when we talk to her dad. Why are most answers from you in a condescending tone? 

I don t care about syed non syed. Its the family of the cousin who cares. I don’t care. We want to minimize opposition from her father when we present a proposal. I don’t care. Did I forget to mention it in a previous answer too? I don’t care. 

So what if he is not a 'real' Sayid if you don't care ? I don't understand the point of your question here.

6 hours ago, Zellali said:

If you care about her so much youd help her "voice her opinions" unless you also need help doing that yourself. Instead of just letting her wallow and wait for her father to dictate who she will and will not marry , why not teach her how she can help bring her father around and make him see that whether or not the groom is a sayyed is completely irrelevant? The correct response to ignorance is not ignorance itself, and claiming that you're just behaving that way because its expected of you. 

6 hours ago, Zellali said:

Why are most answers from you in a condescending tone? 

Because, some people deserve condescension :)

Edited by 2Timeless

On 1/1/2020 at 9:58 PM, Zellali said:

I don't know man, why don't u ask my uncle, I'm just trying to help my cousin and she comes from a family where its difficult to voice ur opinions as a daughter, especially since her mom passed away when she was younger. Thanks for thw reply :p

Don't mind sister, it is a tradition to bombard taunting remarks at people for which people have no knowledge. As regards your question, tirmiz is a region in Iran, Syeds can be from any region in the world. The most easier way to check if someone is syed or not, is to inquire whether there are some people who followed a certain person's great great ancestor due to his being a pious syed. Most of the syeds have some regional reputation among other ethnicities due to their connection with Prophet and saintly ancestors.