Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ShiaChat Mod

Thoughts 2020

Rate this topic

16 minutes ago, 313 Seeker said:

I searched but could only find the  Wikipedia pages in the Iranian city and province.

Qom is located in the ancient area refered to as Elam. A village didn't exist yet.

Recently I heard a scholar describing four types of humans. He said humans are made of 4 elements, fire, air, mud and water. Humans, who are made of fire are very vengeful. Humans made of air are big dreamers, they make big plans but never fullfill them. Humans made of mud are very humble and humans made of water are very shy. I realized he described 4 types of astrological signs: Earth, water, fire and air. But he praised Earth and water signs and critisized fire and air signs. It seems like water and eartg signs have made an alliance while fire and air signs have become one team. I do get along with water and Earth signs except for cancer. 

8 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Qom is located in the ancient area refered to as Elam. A village didn't exist yet.

I honestly tried to find the page. Can you please share the source you mentioned and Wikipedia page? Thank you

What could be easier to understand?

20 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Historically, this is also in the 0ld Testament, Jeremiah 49:34-39 as Qom is in the area refered to as Elam. ln this 0.T. passage, Elam will be destroyed and then a "throne" (metaphor) set up. The evilgelicals really hate this passage.

19 hours ago, hasanhh said:

No there isn't. 

l looked up Qom in Wikipedia and there were undifferentiated villages in this area 2600 B.P. which is the time of Jeremiah.

11 hours ago, hasanhh said:

just search Wikipedia and Qom

11 hours ago, 313 Seeker said:

I searched but could only find the  Wikipedia pages in the Iranian city and province.

11 hours ago, hasanhh said:

2 hours ago, 313 Seeker said:

I honestly tried to find the page. Can you please share the source you mentioned and Wikipedia page? Thank you

2 hours ago, hasanhh said:

The first search result: https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qom and scroll down to History

2 hours ago, 313 Seeker said:

I checked, it doesn't talk of another Qom in Elam. I used word finder

Of course it does not. Qom did not exist yet. lt is the geographic area that is the same.

On 3/21/2020 at 6:00 AM, hasanhh said:

What could be easier to understand?

Of course it does not. Qom did not exist yet. lt is the geographic area that is the same.

What I was asking for is where you read that Qom is in the area (previously) called Elam.

Edited by ShiaChat Mod
Removed extremely large empty space.

7 hours ago, rkazmi33 said:

Recently I heard a scholar describing four types of humans. He said humans are made of 4 elements, fire, air, mud and water. Humans, who are made of fire are very vengeful. Humans made of air are big dreamers, they make big plans but never fullfill them. Humans made of mud are very humble and humans made of water are very shy. I realized he described 4 types of astrological signs: Earth, water, fire and air. But he praised Earth and water signs and critisized fire and air signs. It seems like water and eartg signs have made an alliance while fire and air signs have become one team. I do get along with water and Earth signs except for cancer. 

What scholar was that?

As far as I know, the concept of humans being made out of 4 elements is a Hindu concept and not an Islamic one.

On 3/21/2020 at 6:07 AM, 313 Seeker said:

What I was asking for is where you read that Qom is in the area (previously) called Elam.

Look up a map of what area was ancient Elam and it later, 2600-2700 B.P., envelopes the surrounding provences from where Qom is now when it was allied with the Medes. The old map l have has the area glossed with "Elam". The area is north of Susa and up towards modern Tehran. Modern maps are much more accurate, are from 'better' archeology and have the Medes, Parsu included.

Edited by ShiaChat Mod
Removed large empty space.

1 hour ago, Soldiers and Saffron said:

What scholar was that?

As far as I know, the concept of humans being made out of 4 elements is a Hindu concept and not an Islamic one.

I think he is probably interested in astrology and he was hurt by fire and air signs. I am not bothered by it, I just find it funny that he generalized all the people in fire and air signs. 

I had to let this out.Karachi is under lock down.All the relatively well off seem to be doing is how they will spend next 2 weeks reading books.No one seems to be thinking how callous it is considering the number of families who rely on fathers as dailywage workers.

This made me realize all the so called leftist and their ideology fallacies.Compare these people who our Imam Zain ul Abdeen (عليه السلام). feed killer of his father without a word about his past deeds.

Allah knows best where to put his trust.

Can someone please please start a discussion about something other than Corona? I feel my brain will explode oif I hear or read anymore about this blasted RNA strand. 

11 hours ago, starlight said:

Can someone please please start a discussion about something other than Corona? I feel my brain will explode oif I hear or read anymore about this blasted RNA strand. 

Salam Uhty

You are overcome with worry. l can understand -for the most part- why.

lnshallah you'll get a better emotional perspective.

For a week now l have listen to "calling up the Army", "calling out the National Guard", mostly to make deliveries.

Thoughtful Question: Who will be more efficient at deliveries? The regular delivery man, or some guardsman who needs to learn where to go and what to pick up and not get lost in the process.

9 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Who will be more efficient at deliveries? The regular delivery man, or some guardsman who needs to learn where to go and what to pick up and not get lost in the process.

True, but maybe the regular delivery man is out sick or has to care for children or other family members. The members of the military sign a contract agreeing to put the needs of the nation above the needs of their own families. Mailmen and FedEx drivers do not. 

4 hours ago, notme said:

True, but maybe the regular delivery man is out sick or has to care for children or other family members. The members of the military .

A delivery system has regular, on-the-payroll drivers. Like do some school systems with substitute teachers.

Then you also have the hazard of outsiders-from-a-specified-geographic-area 'bringing-in whatever and then if contaminated taking it "home" to another area.

The ArchBishop has released everyone from the obligation of attending Mass for a few weeks. The Pope has " cancelled Easter" ( not really but the public gatherings are nixed). This has set off a spate of Catholic dark humor. " How bad does it have to suck for the Pope to say 'Oh to heck with it...this year Jesus will just stay in the grave!'" and " Is this like Groundhogs Day? Will there be six more weeks of Lent?!"  Ergo, I have decided that it's time to go talk with Muslims  again. Lol

On the seasonal traditions front... my daughter worries about not having food coloring to dye eggs. ( We used it all during Christmas baking.) I reminded her that two of our hens are Easter Eggers so we'll have pretty  eggs one way or the other.  This is not somehow not satisfying her. Oh, well...

How is your religion going?

48 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

On the seasonal traditions front... my daughter worries about not having food coloring to dye eggs.

Can't you make dye from plants or from clay soil? 

In the time of the deadly coronavirus, please follow the declarations of the government where you live. Here in the US, this is the new medical slogan: 

Stay Strong. Stay Safe. Stay Home. 

A lot of strange and unprecedented things have happened during the coronavirus outbreak so far but we never thought we would see the day where Mexico is trying to stop Americans from crossing the border into their country. 

It sounds like something from The Twilight Zone but this is something that is actually happening right now. 

Reports state that the residents of the Mexican state of Sonora, which is just south of Arizona is blocking all traffic into Mexico from the US after it closed its border checkpoint on Wednesday out of fear of infected Americans entering their country.

https://www.indy100.com/article/coronavirus-mexico-us-cross-border-Trump-9429926

2 hours ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Don't have much of a supply of plant dyes at present ...used most of THOSE on grandson's regalia last fall. But he looked fantastic! :grin:

Are not all these dyes water soluble?

On March 22, 2020 at 10:08 AM, Reza said:

All of SG's family have their actual names and " Christian" ones.

Even the Christian.

Which you use depends on whatever problem you find yourself in, I guess. 

I have been known to use my SIL's alternative name in what I consider hostile territory.