Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Thoughts 2020

Rate this topic


ShiaChat Mod

Recommended Posts

  • Forum Administrators
1 minute ago, Ali_Hussain said:

She has other videos in which she does some mining, and others in which she does some blacksmithing.

I bet she's never had to take anti-depressants.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Administrators
Just now, Ali_Hussain said:

With all her jobs I doubt she has much time for depression

More than that they provide variety, involve skill and creativity and the outputs are very satisfying. Charlie (the one who ended up owning the chocolate factory), his dad used to put the tops onto toothpaste tubes, I can imagine him getting depressed no matter how much he worked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
8 hours ago, notme said:

The quickest way to make sure someone is annoyed is to wake them in the middle of the night with something ridiculous. 

I think we mothers are immune to this. I don't know how many times I have been woken up with "Mum? you asleep?" , "yes, I was sleeping, what do you want?"  " nothing , I just wanted to see if you were sleeping."   :einstein:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
21 minutes ago, starlight said:

I think we mothers are immune to this.

I assure you, I am not immune. :angry:

I am ok with "mom, I want a glass of water" or whatever. I get pretty grumpy when it's shouting and slamming doors at 1am. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
46 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

It wasn't one of the little ones - they sleep. It was my twenty-year-old son. I told him if he does that again, he might be safer living in his own apartment not in our house, because people are not legally accountable for their actions within the first minute of waking up. I don't know what he was upset about and at 1am I don't care. He's been very quiet all day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Veteran Member

Bismehe Ta3ala 

Assalam Alikum 

I hope this year was a lesson to many Shias never to take the majalis/azadari for granted again.

Just remember this year many experienced majalis at home.  I empathize with mothers with newborn babies, the elderly, the sick, mothers with young children all the years that passed who weren't able to attend the majalis at the centers or mosques.

Condolences to all the free people of the martydom of Imam Hussain 3la salam.

 

M3 Salamah, Fe Amin Allah 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
On 8/23/2020 at 2:04 PM, starlight said:

I think we mothers are immune to this. I don't know how many times I have been woken up with "Mum? you asleep?" , "yes, I was sleeping, what do you want?"  " nothing , I just wanted to see if you were sleeping."   :einstein:

Lol,

I don't understand how during the making food sounds like an ants footsteps, but at night I sounds like a motorcycle on the highway,

Especially the Microwave, I don't know how my mom can stand it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Veteran Member

This is the worst thing that I've read in a while:

Tunisia- Kairouan: A 98-year-old elderly woman with Alzheimer raped

A 98 elderly woman suffering from Alzheimer and living in one of the working-class neighbourhoods in Kairouan was raped by an unknown individual who raided her house and sexually assaulted her , leaving her in a state of fear and panic in addition to sustained physical damage,Shems FM reported. Civil protection transported her to the Aghlabids hospital 

https://news-tunisia.tunisienumerique.com/tunisia/rape/

She has since passed away الله يرحمها

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Veteran Member

0n a more serious note.

l am watching DeutscheWelle (0600GMT) and the report is on Belarus and Lukeshenko.

With the marches and all, and familiar with the US' 'playbook', all l can hope is that  if the US is involved, it does not get caught.

The backlash over time will be too many problems in the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

I highly recommend my brothers and sisters to revisit the story of Mokhtar Thaqafi (رضي الله عنه) during these days, its a great way of understanding the climate of which such tragedies as Karbala could have happened as well as reflect on the similarities of todays climate. May God bless Mokhtars(رضي الله عنه) soul.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Soldiers and Saffron said:

I highly recommend my brothers and sisters to revisit the story of Mokhtar Thaqafi (رضي الله عنه) during these days, its a great way of understanding the climate of which such tragedies as Karbala could have happened as well as reflect on the similarities of todays climate. May God bless Mokhtars(رضي الله عنه) soul.

The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

فِي ثَقِيفٍ كَذَّابًا

In Thaqif there is a big liar”

and he the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم reportedly said:

لَا تَقُومُ السَّاعَةُ حَتَّى يَخْرُجَ ثَلَاثُونَ كَذَّابًا , مِنْهُمْ : الْعَنْسِيُّ وَمُسَيْلِمَةُ وَالْمُخْتَارُ

The Hour shall not be established until there emerges thirty big liars; among them, al-Ansi, Musailimah and al-Mukhtar”

عَنْ رِفَاعَةَ، قَالَ دَخَلْتُ عَلَى الْمُخْتَارِ فِي قَصْرِهِ فَقَالَ قَامَ جِبْرَائِيلُ مِنْ عِنْدِي السَّاعَةَ

Rifa’ah bin Shaddad al-Bajali رضى الله عنه narrates that he entered upon al-Mukhtar in his palace. He (al-Mukhtar) said: “Gabriel just came to me this hour”

Edited by Cherub786
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
17 minutes ago, Cherub786 said:

The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

فِي ثَقِيفٍ كَذَّابًا

In Thaqif there is a big liar”

and he the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

لَا تَقُومُ السَّاعَةُ حَتَّى يَخْرُجَ ثَلَاثُونَ كَذَّابًا , مِنْهُمْ : الْعَنْسِيُّ وَمُسَيْلِمَةُ وَالْمُخْتَارُ

The Hour shall not be established until there emerges thirty big liars; among them, al-Ansi, Musailimah and al-Mukhtar”

عَنْ رِفَاعَةَ، قَالَ دَخَلْتُ عَلَى الْمُخْتَارِ فِي قَصْرِهِ فَقَالَ قَامَ جِبْرَائِيلُ مِنْ عِنْدِي السَّاعَةَ

Rifa’ah bin Shaddad al-Bajali رضى الله عنه narrates that he entered upon al-Mukhtar in his palace. He (al-Mukhtar) said: “Gabriel just came to me this hour”

Where is the Evidence for this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...