Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ShiaChat Mod

Thoughts 2020

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, notme said:

I feel sad for the poor brainwashed idiot followers. The pastor should be jailed, same as those "pranksters" going around contaminating food in grocery stores. 

Offhand, do you remember this effect during hurricane CamilIe?

37 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Offhand, do you remember this effect during hurricane CamilIe?

No, but living on the coast, one hurricane blends with another. But I don't remember this with any of the big hurricanes. 

Just now, notme said:

No, but living on the coast, one hurricane blends with another. But I don't remember this with any of the big hurricanes. 

As Camille came near shore, people in one area paniced and all ran to their church with their families.

The church was "on the beach" and two feet above sealevel.

Neither the building nor any of the people were ever found.

47 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

As Camille came near shore, people in one area paniced and all ran to their church with their families.

The church was "on the beach" and two feet above sealevel.

Neither the building nor any of the people were ever found.

I don't think I've ever heard this. I can't imagine that I would have forgotten. 

وَلَقَدۡ نَعۡلَمُ أَنَّكَ يَضِيقُ صَدۡرُكَ بِمَا يَقُولُونَ
We do indeed know how thy heart is distressed at what they say.

فَسَبِّحۡ بِحَمۡدِ رَبِّكَ وَكُن مِّنَ ٱلسَّٰجِدِينَ
But celebrate the praises of thy Lord, and be of those who prostrate themselves in adoration.

وَٱعۡبُدۡ رَبَّكَ حَتَّىٰ يَأۡتِيَكَ ٱلۡيَقِينُ
And serve thy Lord until there come unto thee the Hour that is Certain.

Surah Hijr verse 97 - 99

1 hour ago, Diaz said:

Today because I read a lot of news about corona, my anxiety went really high. I immediately stop reading the news, I don’t want to know anything about it. Inshallah everything is going to be fine soon (even tho it’s won’t) but right now the only thing we can do is pray and make dua. Please guys don’t stop your Zakat, this time donation can help a lot of people. 

l understand. l also understand -in the model projections sense- that Trump is correct. This is going to be a lot worse this time next Friday. At the low end, if we keep in lockdown and the hospitals do not crash, we still will have 4.2 to 4.8 million US corona-dead in this 1st Wave of infection -ending in December.

NBC News tonight said that funeral homes and cemetaries cannot keep up now.

The Hajj is cancelled NBC also reported.

Did you see Prince Charles on TV today? He still looks sick.

Even when l was little, before l even went to school, l can remember my father telling me, "you will never cease to be amazed at how ___ damn stupid people can be."

So what do l see a minute ago at 0500hrs on my local news?

The police last night broke up a "coronavirus party" arresting many (l didn't catch the number).

The video they showed had a few tens of people outside for this street party.

So I have been hearing a lot that young people are best. They have the fewest sins and Prophet Muhammad ((عليه السلام).) first got support from all the youth. Imran Khan also has all the young people in PTI. I have a hard time accepting young people as the best people, especially teenagers. When I was a teenager, I had such a care free life. Now, I have a lot more emotional baggage but I believe I try a lot harder to be a good person. Most of the sins I commit, they are in reaction to how other people treat me. In desi culture, people love teenagers. When I was a teenager, everyone was so so nice to me and now everyone is so mean. My point is that teenagers and young people are very superficial and immature. And we have seen that PTI has been such a disaster in Pakistan, much worse than Muslim league and Peoples Party. So my question is if it's true that Imam Mehdi's army will also consist of young people and teenagers? From my experience, I don't trust any ideology which is popular among superficial, shallow and immature young people. People keep telling me that teenagers are the best people. I think that people in 20s are still better, but teenagers? They are so annoying, I cannot even stand them. No offense to teenagers reading this, I was also annoying and immature when I was at that age. I just cannot imagine myself "obeying" any teenager. 

I watched that Messiah series on Netflix and they also showed that all his "special followers" were teenagers. My intention has always been following religion and I am failing so badly. While other people whose intention has been wealth, power, fame or just the approval of opposite gender, are considered pious. I am so tired of always being the second choice of everyone. 

Edited by rkazmi33

A few months ago it was widely assumed that if women wore the niqab it would mean the end of modern civilisation. And now some countries are moving towards the mandatory wearing of face masks in public.

12 hours ago, starlight said:

“In the slaughterhouse of love, they kill only the best..........."   Rumi[-ed.]

?  Also ?    "A fish want to div from dry land . . ."

Guest In Allah we trust

The banning of Shrines has made me realise that sometimes, even asking fellow mortals for help isn’t possible. 

Yet, Allah is the one who we can ask, who we need not visit to talk to, he is omnipresent without being somewhere or everywhere.

Perhaps this virus might help us see that when push comes to shove, no mortal can replace Allah.

7 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

A few months ago it was widely assumed that if women wore the niqab it would mean the end of modern civilisation. And now some countries are moving towards the mandatory wearing of face masks in public.

All of a sudden, those ladies who choose to wear niqab find themselves fashion role models. These are strange times. 

3 minutes ago, Guest In Allah we trust said:

The banning of Shrines has made me realise that sometimes, even asking fellow mortals for help isn’t possible.

Ka'aba is closed too.

There are some slogans which are very popular but they just sound wrong. Few years ago, I was watching Mokhtarnameh and he said: Ya Allah! Give me a chance to take revenge for Imam Hussain even if I have to go to hell. At that time, I thought this doesn't sound right. In my community, Mokhtarnameh is very popular, we even have our own Mokhtar like personality. After dealing with them for several years, I have realized that slogan and ideology was indeed wrong. They are hateful people, always taking revenge from someone for something. They will mistreat you and justify it as a revenge for something you did 10 years ago. 

Now I see many people sharing another slogan: If you are not with haq, it doesn't matter if you are standing in a mosque or in a prostitute's house. They say that Ali shariati said it. I don't care who said it. It doesn't sound right because it seems to be implying that if a woman is not with HAQ, she doesn't deserve dignity. In fact, it means that any person, who is not with haq, doesn't deserve dignity. It sounds very very wrong and I am going to be skeptical of any person who agrees with this slogan. 

Edited by rkazmi33

58 minutes ago, notme said:

Personally, I'm of the opinion that we should eliminate minimum wage and have universal basic income sufficient for needs, and then people can earn what they want on top of that, but since that's unpopular, minimum wage ought to be enough to live. 

If presented correctly and fought for, it would be popular and could be enacted.

The future of the economy will make this scenario more likely. 

6 hours ago, rkazmi33 said:

as

Salam Mukhtar (رضي الله عنه) slogan was due that Maysam Tamar (رضي الله عنه) warned him that after his revenge he may follow way of Ibn Ziad (la) to make an empire for himself in name of Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) but he fought with his desire of worldly things & found salvation at the end & about slogan of Ali Shariati I’m not sure that it’s a slogan by him but without being with Haq & supporting Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) your prayer & Namaz will be useless & void .

20 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

face masks can actually make it more prone to get the virus.

50 minutes ago, AkhiraisReal said:

face masks can actually make it more prone to get the virus.

Only from false sense of security or from handling and contaminating the mask. 

Same with gloves. 

The first and most important things are to stay home if possible, wash your hands before touching your face or food, and stay at least six feet away from other people. 

Even with mask. 

7 hours ago, notme said:

Same with gloves. 

The first and most important things are to stay home if possible, wash your hands before touching your face or food, and stay at least six feet away from other people. 

Even with mask. 

Question: Does anyone wash-their-hands before wudu?

On 4/7/2020 at 8:13 PM, notme said:

My mom is sewing cloth masks for my stepsister who works in medical admissions and hasn't been provided with protective gear. I request prayers for the safety of my stepsister and her three daughters. Her girls do not have another parent to take care of them - her husband died of cancer years ago. And while we're at it, let's pray for all the people who are working, putting their lives at risk because the world can't function without them right now. 

Didn't US just provided IDF 1 million masks recently? I mean can't they just protect their own health care workers first before foreign troops.

Btw Cloth mask is not that much protective.If she can't use N95 ,tell her to use surgical masks at least.

On 4/8/2020 at 3:32 PM, hasanhh said:

Question: Does anyone wash-their-hands before wudu?

I wash my hands before & after Wudu :cuddle:

On 4/7/2020 at 5:11 PM, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam Mukhtar (رضي الله عنه) slogan was due that Maysam Tamar (رضي الله عنه) warned him that after his revenge he may follow way of Ibn Ziad (la) to make an empire for himself in name of Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) but he fought with his desire of worldly things & found salvation at the end & about slogan of Ali Shariati I’m not sure that it’s a slogan by him but without being with Haq & supporting Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) your prayer & Namaz will be useless & void .

But the slogan is not about prayer snd namaz. To me, it sounds like justifying prostitution for all the women, who WE consider, are not with haq. This is ISIS like thinking. 

On 4/7/2020 at 10:21 PM, notme said:

Same with gloves. 

Even with mask. 

The only thing a mask can do is keep you from touching your face. 

I find it interesting that the N95s were a dust particulate mask for all the years I bought them for the shop, now they're "medical". The mask is great for filtering air down to .3 microns. The problem is; CVD is .01 microns. There's a false sense of security for you.

From what I've seen, you can wear a mask, and gloves and do all things right, strip your gloves off, lysol everything, then go into the house and the moment you take off your shoes you have possibly infected yourself. The virus is not aerosol, it doesn't float in the air. You are more likely to get it on your shoes than your mask. 

On 4/12/2020 at 2:00 PM, Son of Placid said:

You are more likely to get it on your shoes than your mask. 

That's why a larger particle filtering mask is somewhat effective, as I understand it. It won't block the virus itself, but it might block the particles that carry the virus. 

Anyway, what I've read is that the mask is for protection of others from your particulates. It isn't intended to protect you from theirs. That's why it only works if everyone does it. 

And it will make you more aware of when you touch your face so you can better avoid it. 

On 4/12/2020 at 3:03 PM, notme said:

That's why a larger particle filtering mask is somewhat effective, as I understand it. It won't block the virus itself, but it might block the particles that carry the virus. 

Anyway, what I've read is that the mask is for protection of others from your particulates. It isn't intended to protect you from theirs. That's why it only works if everyone does it. 

And it will make you more aware of when you touch your face so you can better avoid it. 

Today, our State Health Director called our masks "another layer of Swiss cheese".

Kinda of accurate, l think.