Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Salam alikum, old time member of Shia community. 

I am moving to Iran to resettle there from the London. I want everyone's sincere advice on this new move. 

What seems to be the best bussiness to start there ?

What seems to be the most Western country in Iran ?

Is Mutah Nikkah possible in Iran and if so where can I find it and how much will the Mehr be for that ?

Will it be hard for me as a British Pakistani who doesn't speak too Farsi?

What are the event prices there ?

Would anyone give their daughter for Mutah Nikkah to me ? 

And last but not least how is the Shia culture there. 

Thanks for reading this, and I hope you guys can Give me a better advice. 

Especially if your main focus is Mutah lol 

16 hours ago, Hassu93 said:

You shouldn't really be moving to another country which is in an economic meltdown without having any idea about their language or culture. 

I have a steady stream of income from London that will help me pay my expenses. I am just extremely tired of that life over there. It's a bit hectic. I know there are some members from London here as well who can vouch for that. Hence my decision to go to Iran is firm. I am meerly looking for all of your expert advice as to what to do there and how to make my self more strong loving there both financial and in relationship manner. Please help guide. 

14 hours ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

Dear brother,

First begin to learn Farsi before any move to Iran for other focuses than tourism.

Secondly like some people saod previously Iran has many political and economical problem so moving here is presently not a good idea.

I hope I helped.

Salam Mohammadi, 

Thanks for your response. Brother I am planning to learn Farsi there when I am in Iran, but the things I asked are what I need to establish my self there. 

I hope you can help answer my other questions as it will be of great help to me 

Thanks 

16 hours ago, Moalfas said:

Especially if your main focus is Mutah lol 

Salam brother , thanks for your response.

You are right Mutah is not my main focus but I'd like to stay away from fornification anywhere. So I'd appreciate if you could help me answer my questions 

Thanks 

9 hours ago, AliAbbas1995 said:

Salam brother , thanks for your response.

You are right Mutah is not my main focus but I'd like to stay away from fornification anywhere. So I'd appreciate if you could help me answer my questions 

Thanks 

Ws wr wb,

Although I do have family living in Iran, I don't live there myself. I believe the members living in Iran would be best able to advise you on moving and settling there and inshaAllah finding a spouse.

Whatever you decide, inshaAllah it would be in your best interests in this life and the afterlife. 

Maybe brother @Ashvazdanghe can offer advice. 

3 hours ago, Moalfas said:

Ws wr wb,

Although I do have family living in Iran, I don't live there myself. I believe the members living in Iran would be best able to advise you on moving and settling there and inshaAllah finding a spouse.

Whatever you decide, inshaAllah it would be in your best interests in this life and the afterlife. 

Maybe brother @Ashvazdanghe can offer advice. 

Salam alikum Brother, may Allah brings joy to you on this new year. 

Yes I think locals so be better able to assist me. Would you mind messaging @Ashvazdanghe, for unknown reason, I can't message through my account. 

Thanks again 

Allah Hafiz and thanks for your good Dua and wishes 

On 12/31/2019 at 3:30 AM, AliAbbas1995 said:

What seems to be the best bussiness to start there ?

What seems to be the most Western country in Iran ?

Salam 

1. you can start any business but it will be a very hard task due to financial corruption & very slow process of everything in Iran 
  2. America
  3. On 12/31/2019 at 3:30 AM, AliAbbas1995 said:

Is Mutah Nikkah possible in Iran and if so where can I find it and how much will the Mehr be for that ? 

Nikkah Mutah is possible but it will be hard that an Iranian family accepts a foreigeners that sadly there is many misunderstanding about Pakistanis in Iran.

Would anyone give their daughter for Mutah Nikkah to me ?

20 hours ago, AliAbbas1995 said:

Will it be hard for me as a British Pakistani who doesn't speak too Farsi?

learning Farsi is very essential if you want to stay for a long time in Iran.

the prices are high for locals but cheap for tourists.

And last but not least how is the Shia culture there

it's not bad but depends on atmosphere of each city that in cities like as Qom & Mashhad is better than other cities but in big cities like as Teharn it's mixed with westerner culture that may cause cultural shock for religious people.

On 12/31/2019 at 11:28 PM, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam 

1. you can start any business but it will be a very hard task due to financial corruption & very slow process of everything in Iran 
  2. America
  3. Nikkah Mutah is possible but it will be hard that an Iranian family accepts a foreigeners that sadly there is many misunderstanding about Pakistanis in Iran.

Thanks for this response. My question are being answered and I like where this is going. I have a follow up questions. 

1.How are things in Qom, is it a little more Western city or conservative?

2. What is the most Western and liberal city in Iran

3. Banking system good in Iran for me to transfer my momey from US/London to Iran

4. If Pakistani's have a bad reputation in Iran what can I do to better it ? 

5. Are there any English speaking Mutah agencies that I can reach out to. 

6. Are neighbours going to be helpful knowing I am sorry of foreigner ?

7. Avarge rent cost in Tehran and in Qom?

Thanks for.all your help.

On 1/1/2020 at 5:40 AM, AliAbbas1995 said:

Thanks for this response. My question are being answered and I like where this is going. I have a follow up questions. 

1.How are things in Qom, is it a little more Western city or conservative?

2. What is the most Western and liberal city in Iran

3. Banking system good in Iran for me to transfer my momey from US/London to Iran

Thanks for.all your help.

Just for answer few of your question Qom is not at all a western city. The last time I came it was litterally full of Mullah and women wearing chadors.

About liberal cities in Iran I would say we must not be too much focused on it. Because even on so called "liberal cities" we have also many religious people and we also could find the opposite with liberal people in "religious cities". But generally speaking I would say some cities like Tehran and Rasht are known to be more liberal then most other iranian cities.

About other questions I prefer to let other iranians answering because after all I am not currently living here so I am not the best one to answer you.

Hope I helped you .

Guest sure?Monad

If you have managed to secure passive income, then why not marry in the two countries you associate your self with.

Britian and Pakistan. I doubt your choices are limited. In fact if you are making a steady income then marriage should be off no inconvience. However if you are obsessed with iranian females perhaps based on imagery you have seen, then you should admit that to be the case. I find it quite comical when western Muslims make excuses of wanting to be religious by escaping to Muslim nations as they assume those lands are glorious in religous practices. Both countries you live in can be practiced with religiousity, especially if one has the means to make money.  Life is hectic in any nation. If you aim to make money or live a progressive life, then time will always be short.

I do not understand why you aim to seek mutah agencies? are you delusional? or do intend to sleep with different women as that is your personal requirement? No kids?. If you have money, buy a ticket and visit the place your self. Find an interpreter and do some research. Your guise seems to be questionable.

banking system?. I doubt you'd want to transfer money to Iran from US/London systems, You might get flagged. I am sure paypal uses xzoom or you can go the crypto way. But everything will require a method and movement of transfer.

On 1/1/2020 at 8:06 AM, Guest sure?Monad said:

If you have managed to secure passive income, then why not marry in the two countries you associate your self with.

Britian and Pakistan. I doubt your choices are limited. In fact if you are making a steady income then marriage should be off no inconvience. However if you are obsessed with iranian females perhaps based on imagery you have seen, then you should admit that to be the case. I find it quite comical when western Muslims make excuses of wanting to be religious by escaping to Muslim nations as they assume those lands are glorious in religous practices. Both countries you live in can be practiced with religiousity, especially if one has the means to make money.  Life is hectic in any nation. If you aim to make money or live a progressive life, then time will always be short.

I do not understand why you aim to seek mutah agencies? are you delusional? or do intend to sleep with different women as that is your personal requirement? No kids?. If you have money, buy a ticket and visit the place your self. Find an interpreter and do some research. Your guise seems to be questionable.

banking system?. I doubt you'd want to transfer money to Iran from US/London systems, You might get flagged. I am sure paypal uses xzoom or you can go the crypto way. But everything will require a method and movement of transfer.

Salam alikum, brother you are entitled to your opinion on me and my life choices but please keep it respectful. 

Also you send knowledge enough to answer all my questions, so if you decide not to insult me further, them in request you to hello me answer all the other remaining questions. 

Thanks.

Salam

On 1/1/2020 at 5:40 AM, AliAbbas1995 said:

. Banking system good in Iran for me to transfer my momey from US/London to Iran

3. Iran Banking System is not connected to other bank system so you only can bring cash money & then exchange it in Iran but there will a problem if you bring a lot of money with you & you must do it step by step .

4.it needs education & time & fixing more problems between Iran & Pakistan but you don't need to anything just be yourself.

5.I don't think so also you must have more patience for this part because it's not a common thing that any foreigner does Mutah in Iran immediately also some groups used it as a lie that Iraqis are doing Mutah in Iran to rape Iranian women that caused some problems for a short time.

6.Neighbours will be very helpful although you are a foreigner it will be very helpful. 

7.it's hard to say & depends on economical situation that prices of rent are changing every time but generally rent price in Qom is cheaper than Tehran.

14 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Tehran city tour & Metro train |Iran travels

Thanks for the video. I really liked it. It shows the day to day life in Iran and I am looking forward to see this.

On 1/2/2020 at 1:38 PM, Ashvazdanghe said:

3. Iran Banking System is not connected to other bank system so you only can bring cash money & then exchange it in Iran but there will a problem if you bring a lot of money with you & you must do it step by step .

4.it needs education & time & fixing more problems between Iran & Pakistan but you don't need to anything just be yourself.

5.I don't think so also you must have more patience for this part because it's not a common thing that any foreigner does Mutah in Iran immediately also some groups used it as a lie that Iraqis are doing Mutah in Iran to rape Iranian women that caused some problems for a short time.

6.Neighbours will be very helpful although you are a foreigner it will be very helpful. 

7.it's hard to say & depends on economical situation that prices of rent are changing every time but generally rent price in Qom is cheaper than Tehran.

Thanks for all the answers. Well I guess if not Mutah then I will be looking for a permanent marriage in Iran. Would that be a viable choice ?

Thanks 

I think the best thing you can do is to enroll in a 6 months hawza course in Qom to begin with, so you can see what it is like to live there. There you will also find a lot of people from other nationalities that you can learn experiences from as well as quickly learn Farsi.

As far as sending money goes, theres business in the west that can trade you, you give them money in your national currency and they will send you iranian money to a bank account of your choice within Iran. The value loss from the transaction is about 5 percent.

1 hour ago, Soldiers and Saffron said:

I think the best thing you can do is to enroll in a 6 months hawza course in Qom to begin with, so you can see what it is like to live there. There you will also find a lot of people from other nationalities that you can learn experiences from as well as quickly learn Farsi.

As far as sending money goes, theres business in the west that can trade you, you give them money in your national currency and they will send you iranian money to a bank account of your choice within Iran. The value loss from the transaction is about 5 percent.

Salam alikum Brother, I will look into the hawza course. 

This seems like a great opportunity for me to learn more and thanks a million for telling me how the banking will work. 

I appreciate it.

15 hours ago, AliAbbas1995 said:

Well I guess if not Mutah then I will be looking for a permanent marriage in Iran. Would that be a viable choice ?

Salam both of them are possible but it's very hard to convince a family to give their daughter to you because by permanent marriage your children won't get Iranian citizen unless you get Iran residency before borning children but about Mutah you must gain trust of woman family that needs long patience & hard work anyway you must avoid having children unless you receive Iranian citizenship in Mutah because based Iran law , government only recognize father citizenship for giving birth certificate & other papers so children will face trouble in receiving any formal service from government   if you don't have Iranian citizenship.

9 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam both of them are possible but it's very hard to convince a family to give their daughter to you because by permanent marriage your children won't get Iranian citizen unless you get Iran residency before borning children but about Mutah you must gain trust of woman family that needs long patience & hard work anyway you must avoid having children unless you receive Iranian citizenship.

What if someone is not interested/particularly concerned about his children receiving Iranian citizenship? What kind of services do you mean? Admission in schools and university? Health insurance? Inheriting their mother?

I remember seeing a notice on our hawza notice board that marriage of iranian women to non iranian citizens is forbidden. As foreign students we found it somewhat strange, but I later understood it had consequences or her ability to officially register the marriage etc.