Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

hi definitely no we know him just as a messenger that some Shia researchers & speakers accepted title of Son of God as literal meaning & Son of Man is Imam Mahdi (aj)

3 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

hi definitely no we know him just as a messenger that some Shia researchers & speakers accepted title of Son of God as literal meaning & Son of Man is Imam Mahdi (aj)

Do you have more information on this? Also were they Twelver or Sevener Shia Muslims?

We Christians accept Jesus Christ's claims to be the Son of God and the Son of Man from the perspective of His diety. Having always been God, 2019 years ago,  the One True Creator God created of Himself a man born of the seed of a virgin girl who was "overshadowed" by the Spirit of God (the first Christmas--when our time began). In the greatest event of God's creation, God became a perfect sinless man whose death would pay the price for the sins of all mankind who put their trust in Him. And His resurrection from the dead would prove He was God. From Jesus' perspective, He equated a man's attitude to Himself with the man's attitude to God. Thus, to know Him was to know God. To see Him was to see God. To believe in Him was to believe in God. To receive Him was to receive God. To hate Him was to hate God. And to honor Him was to honor God.

They said to him therefore, "Where is your Father?" Jesus answered, "You know neither me nor my Father. If you knew me, you would know my Father also." - John 8:19

7 If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him."
8 Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us."
9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? - John 14:7-9

44 And Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me, believes not in me but in him who sent me.
45 And whoever sees me sees him who sent me. - John 12:44-45

"Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. - John 14:1

"Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me, receives not me but him who sent me." - Mark 9:37

Whoever hates me hates my Father also. - John 15:23

Jesus answered him, "If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. - John 14:23

Edited by MartyS

7 hours ago, MartyS said:

Having always been God, 2019 years ago,  the One True Creator God created of Himself a man born of the seed of a virgin girl who was "overshadowed" by the Spirit of God (the first Christmas--when our time began).

By your logic, the historical/religious figure Adam (عليه السلام) becomes more important. He was created by God without even needing a virgin girl. 

In the greatest event of God's creation, God became a perfect sinless man whose death would pay the price for the sins of all mankind who put their trust in Him.

God is pure of becoming this & that. God is always God & He will remain God, a limitless, infinite, indivisible & perfect being. He is pure of having sons/daughters/wives and is pure of tasting death. 

And His resurrection from the dead would prove He was God.

What your resurrection would prove?

From Jesus' perspective, He equated a man's attitude to Himself with the man's attitude to God. Thus, to know Him was to know God. To see Him was to see God. To believe in Him was to believe in God. To receive Him was to receive God. To hate Him was to hate God. And to honor Him was to honor God.

Please furnish evidence for your claim (bold part of your statement). How can he equate anything for himself while he was a thing who begin to exist? 

As for your other statements, yes to know him was to know God in the same way as knowing ourselves is equal to knowing God. 

They said to him therefore, "Where is your Father?" Jesus answered, "You know neither me nor my Father. If you knew me, you would know my Father also." - John 8:19

Who were the father & mother of Adam (عليه السلام)? Why he was not considered as the son of God in Christianity? 

22 hours ago, Celtic Twilight said:

Do you have more information on this? Also were they Twelver or Sevener Shia Muslims?

hi , they were Twelver  that I only see this idea only  between Twelvers that most popular person that is talked about this matter is an Iranian speaker in name of Mr. .Raefipoor

Who is "Son of Man" really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbZOnI-u6Os

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwGV8dDyAyA&list=PLXU7w5ENk8aXhNMkaFz-DsvHMHlOe2b8Q

http://islampfr.com/lady-mary/

Respectfully, imagining that a transcendent Deity would condescend to our own projections is the height of narcissism. If (the) God became a hypostatic being in a human body on the plane of mortality, then the transcendent God would have submitted to human prejudices and desires. The concept of the Incarnation thus feeds rather than tempers human sin(s), among them racism, nationalism, etc. (The) God is far above His creation, though He is immanent, that is, present in creation. Research seems to indicate that the apostle Paul played a major role in propagating an anti-Semitic, pagan fiction, in which mere belief in the dying-God or scapegoat suffices. Had Christianity remained loyal to the Torah and its rituals, then many of its later flaws and transgressions and irrationality (among many, though not all, of its followers) would have been avoided. For example, homosexuality is far less common among Orthodox Jews and observant Muslims than among Christians, especially Latin Christians, that is, Western Catholics and Protestants.

7 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

hi , they were Twelver  that I only see this idea only  between Twelvers that most popular person that is talked about this matter is an Iranian speaker in name of Mr.. .Raefipoor

Who is "Son of Man" really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbZOnI-u6Os

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwGV8dDyAyA&list=PLXU7w5ENk8aXhNMkaFz-DsvHMHlOe2b8Q

http://islampfr.com/lady-mary/

I don't think he is accepting Jesus as Son of God, rather he is just pointing out that the awaited one is Son of Man, which the speaker refer him Imam Mehdi (عليه السلام).

On 12/30/2019 at 1:25 AM, Logic1234 said:

By your logic, the historical/religious figure Adam (عليه السلام) becomes more important. He was created by God without even needing a virgin girl. 

God is pure of becoming this & that. God is always God & He will remain God, a limitless, infinite, indivisible & perfect being. He is pure of having sons/daughters/wives and is pure of tasting death. 

What your resurrection would prove?

Please furnish evidence for your claim (bold part of your statement). How can he equate anything for himself while he was a thing who begin to exist? 

As for your other statements, yes to know him was to know God in the same way as knowing ourselves is equal to knowing God. 

Who were the father & mother of Adam (عليه السلام)? Why he was not considered as the son of God in Christianity? 

These are very good questions.

Concerning Adam. We believe Adam, who was the first man from Earth, was created from the dust of the Earth.

"then the LORD God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature." - Genesis 2:7

The Prophet Isaiah (speaking for God) refered to Adam this way...

"Your first father sinned, and your mediators transgressed against me."  - Isaiah 43:27

We believe Jesus was the first man from heaven, created by the breath of God and born of a virgin. Thus, He was fully God and fully man. God, without changing His nature as Eternal Heavenly Father and Creator, became a man in human flesh so He could show men the way to being reconciled to Himself through Himself/Jesus. That way is through repentance of our sinful flesh and forgiveness. Jesus paid the price to blot out our sins through His sinless life and death.

Isaiah (speaking for God) said...

"I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins."  - Isaiah 43:25

Concerning resurrection of believers from the dead...

35 But someone will ask, "How are the dead raised? With what kind of body do they come?"
36 You foolish person! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies.
37 And what you sow is not the body that is to be, but a bare kernel, perhaps of wheat or of some other grain.
38 But God gives it a body as he has chosen, and to each kind of seed its own body.
39 For not all flesh is the same, but there is one kind for humans, another for animals, another for birds, and another for fish.
40 There are heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is of one kind, and the glory of the earthly is of another.
41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory.
42 So is it with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable; what is raised is imperishable.
43 It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness; it is raised in power.
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.
45 Thus it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
46 But it is not the spiritual that is first but the natural, and then the spiritual.
47 The first man was from the Earth, a man of dust; the second man is from heaven. - 1 Corinthians 15:35-47

On 12/30/2019 at 2:25 AM, Logic1234 said:

The Bible refers to both Adam and King David as "Son of God", even though Adam was created adult and David was born of a mother and a father. There may be others too. 

Of course translations vary and most of the original texts of the Bible have been lost or intentionally destroyed, so who knows. 

30 minutes ago, notme said:

The Bible refers to both Adam and King David as "Son of God", even though Adam was created adult and David was born of a mother and a father. There may be others too. 

Of course translations vary and most of the original texts of the Bible have been lost or intentionally destroyed, so who knows. 

I like what Imam Ali (عليه السلام) said in Sahifa Alaviyah

You are not a son of anyone and no one is Your son.

Edited by Abu Nur

The only evidence is vague refference by Prophet Isa in the gospel of John.

If you apply even a tiny amount of the efforts Muslims take to verify reports then this can not be seen as authentic.

Edited by Warilla

17 hours ago, MartyS said:

These are very good questions.

Concerning Adam. We believe Adam, who was the first man from Earth, was created from the dust of the Earth.

"then the LORD God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature." - Genesis 2:7

The Prophet Isaiah (speaking for God) refered to Adam this way...

"Your first father sinned, and your mediators transgressed against me."  - Isaiah 43:27

We believe Jesus was the first man from heaven, created by the breath of God and born of a virgin. Thus, He was fully God and fully man. God, without changing His nature as Eternal Heavenly Father and Creator, became a man in human flesh so He could show men the way to being reconciled to Himself through Himself/Jesus. That way is through repentance of our sinful flesh and forgiveness. Jesus paid the price to blot out our sins through His sinless life and death.

Isaiah (speaking for God) said...

"I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins."  - Isaiah 43:25

Concerning resurrection of believers from the dead...

35 But someone will ask, "How are the dead raised? With what kind of body do they come?"
36 You foolish person! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies.
37 And what you sow is not the body that is to be, but a bare kernel, perhaps of wheat or of some other grain.
38 But God gives it a body as he has chosen, and to each kind of seed its own body.
39 For not all flesh is the same, but there is one kind for humans, another for animals, another for birds, and another for fish.
40 There are heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is of one kind, and the glory of the earthly is of another.
41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory.
42 So is it with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable; what is raised is imperishable.
43 It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness; it is raised in power.
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.
45 Thus it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
46 But it is not the spiritual that is first but the natural, and then the spiritual.
47 The first man was from the Earth, a man of dust; the second man is from heaven. - 1 Corinthians 15:35-47

Respectfully, God gave you a brain and logic to use. It is sinful to not exert every effort to conduct proper and logical research and instead regurgitate.

18 hours ago, MartyS said:

"Thus, He was fully God & fully man".

So according to Christianity, God is not eternal? God can take birth & can taste death? God can become its own creation? God can become a word of his own? 

18 hours ago, MartyS said:

We believe Jesus was the first man from heaven, created by the breath of God and born of a virgin

And what make you believe that Jesus (عليه السلام) was not created from that dust? Adam (عليه السلام) was created by God with His two hands without even the need of a virgin girl. Why would God need a virgin girl to send a heavenly man to Earth via virgin birth? God can send him like he sends the angels. Can you furnish any evidence for this claim of yours? 

On 12/28/2019 at 10:44 PM, MartyS said:

Jesus, Son of God, Son of Man

Yes, Jesus is the Son of God made in His Image.  But so is everyone else.

The difference between us and Jesus is that Jesus actually realized this, and he spoke about this realization to everyone!  This earned him a bad reputation among the Jews who didn’t get his message, and so they (the Jews) attempted to kill him.  

Edited by eThErEaL

3 hours ago, Revert1963 said:

God? Do you really think that God has an image? :party:

What do you understand by “image”?  An image is that by which an entity appears or is known.  

Even mud and dung is the image of God for the Earth worms and the grass as it is their rabb (lord) in that it nourishes the Earth worms and the grass.  The worms and the grass have contact with the divine through the dung. 

Now, how do human beings know God?  They know God by knowing themselves.  “man arafa nafsahu faqad arafa rabbahu”.  This is because man (through the Spirit that was blown into him) has been created in the image of God.  

Edited by eThErEaL

15 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

What do you understand by “image”?  An image is that by which an entity appears or is known.  

There are Sunni Hadiths that claim that "God Created Adam in his image," but these Hadiths (from Al-Bukhari and Abu-Muslim) contradicts the Qur'an Sura 42 Ayat 11 "[...] There is nothing that resembles him, and He is the Hearing, the Seeing."

2 hours ago, Revert1963 said:

There are Sunni Hadiths that claim that "God Created Adam in his image," but these Hadiths (from Al-Bukhari and Abu-Muslim) contradicts the Qur'an Sura 42 Ayat 11 "[...] There is nothing that resembles him, and He is the Hearing, the Seeing."

No, it doesn’t contradict it because God described Himself using attributes of creation by saying that He is Hearing and Seeing.

in other words, God is at once Transcendent AND Immanent,  

“There is nothing like God.”  True

“God describes Himself using attributes found in creation.”  True

You should be careful about saying such and such a Hadith is false because they could possibly have been uttered by the Prophet (S).  Just because you don’t understand it doesn’t make it false.  

1 hour ago, eThErEaL said:

No, it doesn’t contradict it because God described Himself using attributes of creation by saying that He is Hearing and Seeing.

Does Allah have a face? or leg or toes or fingers? Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ‎) is much greater than that. There is nothing like Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ‎) and certainly not people. Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ‎) is so great that it is not possible to get an image of him in his entirety. So the statement "in Gods image" becomes absurd. An image will always be a limitation and God is not limited. That is really the problem of making an idol. Even if you associate the idol with Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ‎), Astagfirullah, the idol will be a limitation and not do him justice.
And even if you say that "Adam was made with Gods ability to hear and see" (if Hearing and Seeing is what you mean by "image") then it is also false. Humans don't have any where near the same ability to hear and see that God does.

I will agree with you though that Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ‎) is both Transcendent and Immanent at the same time. Unlike what the Christians think.

Edited by Revert1963
typo

On 1/3/2020 at 1:35 PM, eThErEaL said:

The difference between us and Jesus is that Jesus actually realized this, and he spoke about this realization to everyone!  This earned him a bad reputation among the Jews who didn’t get his message, and so they (the Jews) attempted to kill him.  

I agree, Jesus became man like us so that He could taste death for us. And God is our Father, too. But Jesus distinguished Himself from mortal sons of God by forgiving sins.

18 And behold, some men were bringing on a bed a man who was paralyzed, and they were seeking to bring him in and lay him before Jesus,

19 but finding no way to bring him in, because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and let him down with his bed through the tiles into the midst before Jesus.

20 And when he saw their faith, he said, "Man, your sins are forgiven you."

21 And the scribes and the Pharisees began to question, saying, "Who is this who speaks blasphemies? Who can forgive sins but God alone?"

22 When Jesus perceived their thoughts, he answered them, "Why do you question in your hearts?

23 Which is easier, to say, 'Your sins are forgiven you,' or to say, 'Rise and walk'?

24 But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on Earth to forgive sins"-he said to the man who was paralyzed-"I say to you, rise, pick up your bed and go home."

25 And immediately he rose up before them and picked up what he had been lying on and went home, glorifying God. - Luke 5:18-25

Does Allah have a face? or leg or toes or fingers? Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ‎) is much greater than that. There is nothing like Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ‎) and certainly not people. Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ‎) is so great that it is not possible to get an image of him in his entirety. So the statement "in Gods image" becomes absurd. An image will always be a limitation and God is not limited. That is really the problem of making an idol. Even if you associate the idol with Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ‎), Astagfirullah, the idol will be a limitation and not do him justice.
And even if you say that "Adam was made with Gods ability to hear and see" (if Hearing and Seeing is what you mean by "image") then it is also false. Humans don't have any where near the same ability to hear and see that God does.

I will agree with you though that Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ‎) is both Transcendent and Immanent at the same time. Unlike what the Christians think.

Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs, and Muslims are brothers and sisters who believe in the One.  They believe that He is at once Transcendent and Immanent.  We are all Muslims actually, we submit to the One.  

If you don’t understand Islam and the Qur'an, it isn’t Islam’s fault.  Your Christian neighbor maybe more of a Muslim than you.

Edited by eThErEaL

16 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs, and Muslims are brothers and sisters who believe in the One.

I agree. At least in theory and with the precaution that Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ‎) will decide when the day comes who is and is not a Muslim.

They believe that He is at once Transcendent and Immanent.

The official position of the Christian church is that God is transcendent. Traditionally Transcendent and Immanent has been seen as opposites.

If you don’t understand Islam and the Qur'an, it isn’t Islam’s fault.  Your Christian neighbor maybe more of a Muslim than you.

May Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ‎) guide both of us to the truth.

Edited by Revert1963

The official position of the Christian church is that God is transcendent. Traditionally Transcendent and Immanent has been seen as opposites.

Have you read any of the writings of the Famous Christian theologians?  St. Thomas Aquilas, St. Anselm, st. Augustine, Meister Eckhart?  

If not, then perhaps you should.  

Edited by eThErEaL

Blessings!

I'm not sure about transcendance and immanence. But to me, being created in the Image of God set mankind apart from the rest of God's earthly creation in that we have an eternal soul. Unlike God, however, who is eternal past and future, we had a beginning, but will have no end. One of the many things that set Jesus apart from all other men was His ability to perform miracles and His authority over the elements of the world. His discipes learned about Jesus' true nature like this:

Immediately he (Jesus) made the disciples get into the boat and go before him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowds. And after he had dismissed the crowds, he went up on the mountain by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone, but the boat by this time was a long way from the land, beaten by the waves, for the wind was against them. And in the fourth watch of the night he came to them, walking on the sea. But when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were terrified, and said, "It is a ghost!" and they cried out in fear. But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, "Take heart; it is I. Do not be afraid." And Peter answered him, "Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water." He said, "Come." So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, "Lord, save me." Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, "O you of little faith, why did you doubt?" And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased. And those in the boat worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God." - Matthew 14:22-33

The soldiers guarding Jesus' crucifixion came to believe like this:

And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice and yielded up his spirit. And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. And the Earth shook, and the rocks were split. The tombs also were opened. And many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised, and coming out of the tombs after his resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many. When the centurion and those who were with him, keeping watch over Jesus, saw the earthquake and what took place, they were filled with awe and said, "Truly this was the Son of God!" - Matthew 27:50-54

Peace to you.

In Old Testament there are verses that talk about Son of God. For example the Bani Israel is called in Old Testament

And you shall say to Pharaoh, 'So said the Lord, "My firstborn son is Israel." 'Exodus 4:22

Commentary:

My firstborn son: [Firstborn is] an expression of greatness, similar to “I, too, shall make him a firstborn” (Ps. 89:28). This is its simple meaning, but its midrashic interpretation is: Here the Holy One, blessed be He, acknowledged the sale of the birthright, which Jacob bought from Esau. — [from Gen. Rabbah 63:14]

---

In Qur'an Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) want to make sure that Son of God does not mean there is someone beside Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) who is helping Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

He, Whose is the kingdom (mulk) of the heavens and the Earth, and Who did not take to Himself a son, and Who has no associate in the kingdom,and Who created everything, then determined it in a precise measure. Qur'an 25:2

In Tafsir al Mizan, Ayatollah Tabatabai says about this matter following:

The above should clarify why the verse then says: and Who did not take to Himself a son. An absolute king—in every affair and aspect—does not need to take a child to himself. Adopting a child is because of either of two reasons:(1) The king is incapable of managing all his affairs and cannot direct every-thing on his own, thus he adopts a child to help him in his tasks and plans. This is not applicable to God, because God has dominion and power over everything. (2) The person has a limited lifespan, which means that he possesses what he owns only for a limited time. Thus he adopts a child to succeed him, and to take his place aſter him. However, God owns everything eternally, and is not subject to death or destruction. Therefore, He certainly has no need of taking a successor for Himself. This sentence involves a refutation of the polytheists and the Christians.

-- 

I believe this is what Qur'an refute when we talk about Son of God, the shirk version.

4 minutes ago, Abu Nur said:

In Qur'an Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) want to make sure that Son of God does not mean there is someone beside Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) who is helping Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

Thank you. In the Bible, it says:

The Father loves the Son and has given all things into his hand. - John 3:35

Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on Earth and under the Earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. - Philippians 2:9-11

15 minutes ago, MartyS said:

Thank you. In the Bible, it says:

The Father loves the Son and has given all things into his hand. - John 3:35

Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on Earth and under the Earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. - Philippians 2:9-11

We have famous narration (Hadith of Qurb al-Nawafil) with both Sunnis and Shias and it is both authentic. God Says:

"Rightly My servant seeks proximity (to Me) with nafilas (daily basis recommended prayers) and mustahab actions until I like him, and when I like him, I will become his ears with which he hears and his eyes with which he sees and his tongue with which he speaks". Kulaynī, al-kāfī, vol. 4, p. 53.

We have different Scholars interpretation about this narration, and some of the interpretation are with the same line than Christians. Then we have the other interpretation that are opposite with the Christians.

On 1/3/2020 at 4:53 AM, Logic1234 said:

Why would God need a virgin girl to send a heavenly man to Earth via virgin birth? God can send him like he sends the angels. Can you furnish any evidence for this claim of yours? 

God spoke of the Savior, born of a woman, who would crush Satan (the serpent) in the Garden of Eden...

The LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, cursed are you above all livestock and above all beasts of the field; on your belly you shall go, and dust you shall eat all the days of your life. I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel."  - Genesis 3:14-15

8 hours ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

The title is a question, but the opening post is a statement?

How can one be son of God and son of man?

Jesus was the fulfillment of God's promise to rescue fallen man, since the Garden of Eden. Always with God, even at the time of Creation (see John 1:1-18), Jesus left heaven to be born as a man, to be the sinless sacrificial Lamb of God--to die a perfect death for the sins of all mankind. Jesus came to Earth to call sinners to repentance; to make a way for us to be forgiven and become a new person/creation, righteous before God, filled with God's Spirit; to give us a new nature so we become sons and daughters of God, able to live holy lives and enter the Kingdom of Heaven.