Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Muhammed Ali

Reconciling NDEs with Islamic teachings

Rate this topic

Near-death experiences seem to have the same core universal properties across cultures, ages and even beliefs. These include: heightened awareness, out-of-body experiences, meeting family and friends, a life review, seeing a being of light or beings of light, going through a tunnel, being told to go back etc.

Do you believe that these experiences are coherent with Islamic accounts of death? If not, why not? And how do you deal with the differences?

If they are hallucinations, then why are the elements universal? How would Darwinian evolution bring about such specific experiences at death?

If you don't know much about the subject:

I haven't come across any Islamic scriptures about this specific experience. I recall a narration that talks about the difficult times for humans generally as being two, at the point of death/the soul leaving the body and on the day of resurrection النشور

So describing these experiences as vey pleasant, I would imagine would be for true believers. 

Nevertheless, there's lots of stories of Muslims that go through NDE and what they are said to experience is very intriguing.

I note that the first hand accounts of the people that I've come across who've had such experiences did not disclose everything they 'saw' or 'went through'. They mentioned some things but not everything. 

I have no doubt that It's Allah's mercy in giving them a nudge, a second chance. 

Edited by Moalfas

Guest care?Monad

did you not post this before and I responded the same way like I will. Deja vou?

I doubt the majority care, neither do I.

I am more concerned about where my next meal is coming from.

A quick glance, if the so called disbelievers are meeting family and friends...... - from a religious perspective, disbeliever go to hell.

I'd say they are accidently just waking up from the simulation and when the drugs are pumped back in, it comes as a form of code. Go back in, we need the game to keep on running.

Guest skeptic
32 minutes ago, Moalfas said:

I have no doubt that It's Allah's mercy in giving them a nudge, a second chance. 

No doubt based on what proper evidence? If you're that easily convinced, what religion or sect would you be following if you weren't a born Shia?

12 hours ago, Guest skeptic said:

No doubt based on what proper evidence?

I have no doubt based on my creator's mercy which I've experienced and witnessed over decades. My evidence is also my intellect which I use to connect the dots.

If you're that easily convinced,

'Easily convinced' is perhaps your projection, as your suggestion is in of itself a manifestation of what you attribute to me. 

what religion or sect would you be following if you weren't a born Shia?

Whilst scepticism is important, inductive reasoning will render the process a waste.

On 12/11/2019 at 9:28 PM, Guest care?Monad said:

did you not post this before and I responded the same way like I will. Deja vou?

I don't remember ever posting about this.

I doubt the majority care, neither do I.

That's why I posted it as a question.

A quick glance, if the so called disbelievers are meeting family and friends...... - from a religious perspective, disbeliever go to hell.

I don't think I can call most non-Muslims disbelievers.

Guest correct!Monad
2 minutes ago, Muhammed Ali said:

I don't think I can call most non-Muslims disbelievers.

from a rational perspective, you are correct.

as you already know all  systems have believers and disbelievers. It is a simple solution of division. without division one cannot have two sides. Good and evil, night and day, ying or yang.

4 minutes ago, Muhammed Ali said:

That's why I posted it as a question.

we have to ask, why do people have no care?. Are they stressed, distracted, tired or moving towards a nominal value of life?. What can they reconcile that evidence with?

Religious clergymen? or science? Once recounciled, then what?. what do we change, follow, stop, and what and who do we believe in?

belief requires a change of course. But that change also has to bring in benefits. In the long term if the benefits are not derived, we then question the belief.

Guest correct!Monad
1 minute ago, Muhammed Ali said:
On 12/11/2019 at 9:13 PM, Moalfas said:

Why now more than it was in the past? Because we need the evidence now more than we did in the past. 

if God is merciful in relation to human claims, there is no need for a nudge. They can be sent to heaven straight away. It could a lower rank in relation to those who used reason to have followed one of the systems of God.

On 12/11/2019 at 3:43 PM, Muhammed Ali said:

Near-death experiences seem to have the same core universal properties across cultures, ages and even beliefs. These include: heightened awareness, out-of-body experiences, meeting family and friends, a life review, seeing a being of light or beings of light, going through a tunnel, being told to go back etc.

Some of this has been duplicated in the laboratory.

"heightened awareness" can be accomplished by oxygen enrichment in the blood stream, epinephrine and some prescribed drugs

"out of body" and "life review" are classically described as the mind searching for a solution to a problem; 

["life review"/ "life flashing before your eyes" is a reminder that the God of Noah, Allah -(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). is witness to all things and never forgets]

"meeting family and friends" is a latent wish factor inside your brain

lights and tunnels can easily be duplicated by oxygen deprivation.

hearing things is the mind searching for information when deprived of sensory input. Like an amputated foot itching.

5 hours ago, Guest correct!Monad said:

5 hours ago, Muhammed Ali said:
On 12/11/2019 at 9:13 PM, Moalfas said:

Why now more than it was in the past? Because we need the evidence now more than we did in the past. 

I'm unsure as you to what you meant by your question. 

Science can only figure out and provide evidence of the processes that the available instruments are able to pickup. 

Scientists cannot discredit the experiences nor the interpretations of the faithful or faithless when they themselves have much to figure it. 

5 hours ago, Guest correct!Monad said:

if God is merciful in relation to human claims, there is no need for a nudge. They can be sent to heaven straight away. It could a lower rank in relation to those who used reason to have followed one of the systems of God.

The nudge is his mercy and a reminder to fix up. Every report of a death we hear of is also a merciful nudge, reminding us that we're all going 6 feet under and only our deeds will accompany us. 

Sending everyone to heaven is not justice. Allah Ta'ala is the most Merciful أرحم الراحمين

And most Just أحكم الحاكمين

Do you believe that these experiences are coherent with Islamic accounts of death? If not, why not? And how do you deal with the differences?

Reality is interpreted and understood through our minds/soul.  In fact our soul is itself an interpretation of Reality (it behaves as a colored lens).  Each soul has a different capacity and is colored in a different way.   Nothing is as it appears.  Everything is a shadow, a moving image.  These NDEs prove the religious symbols associated with different world religions are highly significant and are somehow retained deep in our sub-consciousness so much so that even an Atheist can still retains the symbols of Christianity and operate within that religious framework at a subconscious level.  We know more about NDEs today thanks to the internet.  It should be kept in mind that there aren’t that many NDE cases among Muslims as there are among non-Muslims.  The reason for this may be because Muslims by an large don’t need them so much unless they have strayed off their religion. In other words, very rarely does a Muslim need a wake up call in that sort of way.  This is a theory.  At the end of the day, I don’t know why some people get them obviously.  I guess it just happens like any experience just happens.  Why am I seeing a plant in front of me?  One can have a theory and speculate that (the tree exists objectively outside my perception) but this is just a theory or an interpretation. 

If they are hallucinations, then why are the elements universal? How would Darwinian evolution bring about such specific experiences at death?

If you don't know much about the subject: