Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
AStruggler

Questions about Aqeeq Ring and Islamic rings

Rate this topic

1) I know that the aqeeq ring is really beneficial to wear, however does colour matter? If I wear a black yemeni aqeeq and not the mainstream maroon-ish colour aqeeq, do I still get the same benefits? Is colour specified in our ahadith?

2) Does the stone of the ring need to be in direct contact with the skin for results?

3) How can one tell if his Islamic gemstones are legit and not fakes?

@Moalfas

Edited by AStruggler

1) There are many different types of Aqeeq that range in colours and imprints etc but what is known as the ideal in our narrations is Aqeeq Yamani. Even Yamani can be different colours. I'm unaware of colour specifics in Ahadith to be honest. 

2) Most if not all the rings do not come in direct contact with the skin however, there's no barrier except space in most of them. 

I wouldn't buy a ring that's got the bottom (base) covered. Those are easier to fake as you can't inspect it with light through the stone. 

3) They're not 'Islamic' gemstones per se; they're natural stones that are narrated to have certain properties. You'd need to know a little about stones to tell the real from the fake. A lot of retailers try to pass off any 'maroonish' stone as Yamani because they're priced higher. You'd need someone you can trust who knows a little about them. Or a retailer that you know won't cheat you. 

9 hours ago, AStruggler said:

How can one tell if his Islamic gemstones are legit and not fakes?

Make friends with yeminis :D I have a dear friend from Yemen and once she brought me a green aqeeq from there. 

Buy Durre Najaf, It's the best stone to buy in my opinion, cheap, natural and real(as far as I know no one makes them fake, unlike almost every other gemstone)

2 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

@Moalfas Can you resize them, if so, how?

Yes, any good jeweller can resize a ring by cutting from the bottom end of the band (opposite the stone) as required to decrease the diameter to fit, then solder the two ends together. 

Some would rather not have that done especially if their rings hold a lot of sentimental vale, so a quick fix would be to wrap string around the bottom of the band as required for a good fit. 

12 hours ago, AStruggler said:

1) I know that the aqeeq ring is really beneficial to wear, however does colour matter? If I wear a black yemeni aqeeq and not the mainstream maroon-ish colour aqeeq, do I still get the same benefits? Is colour specified in our ahadith?

As far as I know the black aqeeq is especially beneficial for protecting children from evil. Yemeni aqeeqs are in many colours and the one which is liver coloured is the best. Yellow yemeni aqeeq with sharaf al shams talisman are good too. 

2) Does the stone of the ring need to be in direct contact with the skin for results?

The ring just needs to not have a silver barrier between the stone and your finger. This is so that natural sunlight can pass through the stone and reach the skin and provide health benefits. With stones such as feroza the benefits are more for daily life and not so much for physical health.

3) How can one tell if his Islamic gemstones are legit and not fakes?

Honestly it really comes down to experience and feel for the gem, if you know the names of the stones in English then you can Google tests for these different types of stones. 

For example:

Feroza is Turquoise is English

Yaqoot is Ruby

Hadeed-Cheeni is Hematite

Aqeeq is Agate

Zumrood is Emerald 

Dur E Najaf is a type of Quartz

Etc..