Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Mohammed-Mehdi

terrorism by groups as IS and Al Qaeda " religious inspired terrorism "?

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

Before perhaps someone is able and willing to answer the question correctly, explaining why.

I do think I need to read the part again about how they should be considered; https://www.al-Islam.org/new-analysis-wahhabi-doctrines-Muhammad-husayn-ibrahimi

Ibn Abdul Wahhab hardly came with anything new, he was just repopularising Ibn Taymiyyah's views which were largely based on Hanbali views.

7 hours ago, Sumerian said:

Of course it is, what they are doing is not a far-fetched interpretation of Sunni Islam. Sunnis before them did the same thing they are doing right now lol.

Im afraid I’m going to have to partially agree with this. The reason why I’m saying that is because it’s understandable why Shias make this generalisation.

if you’re referring to the ones that killed Imam Hussein (عليه السلام) and his Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام), they were not even Muslim to begin with. They hated the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) and wanted to destroy Islam once and for all. Had it not been for Imam Hussein (عليه السلام) the name of Islam would have perished myriads of years ago. Those people loathed and were thirsty for their blood. The fact that the Sunnis we know today are compared to those blood thirsty monsters is quite far fetched.

they don’t hate the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام). Some do I guess, particularly the extremist Sunnis if we’re going to talk about isis, but the mainstream Sunnis don’t have hatred. They’re blindfolded. They just don’t hold them in honour or praise them as much as we do and hardly mention their names either. Because they’ve been brainwashed by Umayyad propaganda.

im not trying to defend them I’m just stating facts. I’m against Sunnis in many ways 

9 hours ago, hasanhh said:

No, they are violence oriented individuals looking for some idea as cover for an excuse to be violent.

So they distort Islam with cult like teachings and justifying jihadist martyrdom and making halal what is haram by saying it's halal because they are at "war". They are almost always cults.

When the US attacked and killed bin Laden, they seized a lot of documents, drives, data.

Some of the data has been declassified, one document in particular is a 259 page letter from al-Zarqawi, the Al-Qaeda terrorist in Iraq.

In this document, he praises the companion Khalid bin al-Walid by calling him a “professor of Islamic terrorism.”

And cites some of the traditions concerning what Khalid did to Malik Ibn Nuwaira and his tribe, how Khalid cut off their heads and used it as firewood to cook his meal.

https://www.cia.gov/library/abbottabad-compound/CA/CA63AD20E1FC715E7713E336A94A63F2_74B2~1.pdf

The reference to this incident starts on page 100 of the link above.

In other words, al-Zarqawi, by his own admission, learned how to be a terrorist from Khalid.

«وسيف الله أبي سليمان أستاذ في الإرهاب الإسلامي»

“The sword of God, Abu Suleiman, [is a] professor of Islamic terrorism.”

NOTE: Mods delete the link if it's not allowed.

This is why I'm not a firm believer in unity, it remains a pipe dream with ideologies like this infecting the Ummah.

0100.jpg

1 hour ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

And cites some of the traditions concerning what Khalid did to Malik Ibn Nuwaira and his tribe, how Khalid cut off their heads and used it as firewood to cook his meal.

Khalid bin walid (la) then raped Malik's wife same night. Probably, why ISIS justify sex slaves. 

Sunnis consider this malo'on in high regards and believe if they follow any of the sahaba they are going paradise. 

14 hours ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

Is it reasonable to call terrorism by groups as IS and Al Qaeda " religious inspired terrorism "?

Definitely inspired by the religion of those who forsook Aimma (عليهم اسلام) after Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). 

3 hours ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

Um isn’t that what a cult is ?

some cults can be violent 

More specifically: Ayat 7:186  "wander blindly"; and other ayats revealing the same warning:  7:51; 10:11 and so on.

3 hours ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

Im afraid I’m going to have to partially agree with this. ...

,. . . 

they don’t hate the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام). Some do I guess, particularly the extremist Sunnis if we’re going to talk about isis, but the mainstream Sunnis don’t have hatred. They’re blindfolded. They just don’t hold them in honour or praise them as much as we do and hardly mention their names either. Because they’ve been brainwashed by Umayyad propaganda.

. . .

Now l have to partially disagree. Fpr Example: Some Sunni wear black on Ashura -and just not me.

Edited by hasanhh
clarity

14 hours ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

Is it reasonable to call terrorism by groups as IS and Al Qaeda " religious inspired terrorism "?

I wouldn't call necessarily call them "religiously inspired" but I would say that they are perhaps "religiously weaponized". 

Weaponized in the sense that...

1. They are manipulated by those that twist people into believing that Islam calls for something, when in reality it does the opposite.
    1. The manipulators have their own agenda, which is usually fueled by a desire for money or power.
    2. The manipulators have no actual valid Islamic education or knowledge. They are either self taught or taught be fellow ignorants. 
      1. The conclusions they arrive at are outside of any Islamic logic.
    3. The manipulators specifically target the poor and underpriveleged.
      1. This allows them to manipulate their fears and concerns by using Islam as a means to "overcome their suffering" by killing and attacking those that "put them in that condition".
      2. The poor and underprivileged then start listening to their preachings with even more loyalty and fervor because it appeals to their emotions as a means to end their suffering of poverty and misery.
    4. To use the religion angle prevents any one from questioning what's coming out of their mouth, becuase everyone deep inside fears questioning their religion.

As such, this is why I don't call terrorism religiously "inspired" but more along the lines of the term "weaponized". 

Just stop and think for a moment...would the 12th Imam (عليه السلام) authorize the use of terrorism? In my opinion, he would not. That answers my question to the validity of terrorism.

6 hours ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

Im afraid I’m going to have to partially agree with this. The reason why I’m saying that is because it’s understandable why Shias make this generalisation.

if you’re referring to the ones that killed Imam Hussein (عليه السلام) and his Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام), they were not even Muslim to begin with. They hated the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) and wanted to destroy Islam once and for all. Had it not been for Imam Hussein (عليه السلام) the name of Islam would have perished myriads of years ago. Those people loathed and were thirsty for their blood. The fact that the Sunnis we know today are compared to those blood thirsty monsters is quite far fetched.

im not trying to defend them I’m just stating facts. I’m against Sunnis in many ways 

Those who "killed Ahlul Bayt" would include those who Sunnis believe are their leaders and try to emulate. People such as Mu'awiyah and those before him. 

5 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

In this document, he praises the companion Khalid bin al-Walid by calling him a “professor of Islamic terrorism.”

We all know on which side Khalid bin al-Walid was in the battle of Uhud.

5 hours ago, Akbar673 said:

Just stop and think for a moment...would the 12th Imam (عليه السلام) authorize the use of terrorism? In my opinion, he would not. That answers my question to the validity of terrorism.

Yep . . . there is a BIG difference between military raiding and terrorism.

5 hours ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

Many "Sunnis" know these persons only by names. 

The question is whether these groups are religiously inspired or not, and the answer was they are inspired by the figures they wish to emulate. How hard is that to understand?

8 hours ago, Sumerian said:

Those who "killed Ahlul Bayt" would include those who Sunnis believe are their leaders and try to emulate. People such as Mu'awiyah and those before him. 

As I mentioned previously they are simply brainwashed. They are blinded with ignorance. They emulate these figures because they believe that they are companions that need to be respected regardless. They have been influenced by the lies of the Umayyad dynasty. A lot of the Sunnis I know hardly even know who muawiyah is and they only know him by name. 

In meeting with Pr. Bartolomeo Pirone;

Ayatollah Javadi Amoli: What benefits killers receive except disgrace?‎

https://en.abna24.com/news//ayatollah-javadi-amoli-what-benefits-killers-receive-except-disgrace‎_992808.html

December 10, 2019 - 2:40 PM News Code : 992808 Source : RasaLink:   

Ayatollah Javadi Amoli referring to the killings during the two world wars said, “It has been ‎almost a century since the brutal killings that occurred during Word War I and II but what ‎benefits did the murderers, such as the United States, receive except for disgrace?”‎

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): 
Professor Bartolomeo Pirone, a famous Italian scholar of Islam, met with Ayatollah ‎Abdollah Javadi Amoli at the Esra International foundation for Revealed Sciences in Qom. ‎

In response to Professor Pirone’s question about the teachings of the Prophet of Islam and ‎world peace, Ayatollah Javadi Amoli said, “Islam has many commonalities with other ‎religions and the Prophet Muhammad and other Prophets had a single goal and many ‎commonalities on their paths and in their methods because the Prophets came to introduce ‎humanity to themselves, to introduce the world to humanity and to explain the relationship ‎between humanity and the world for the people.”‎

The revered source of emulation referred to the killings which occurred during World War I ‎and World War II, “Unfortunately, World War I and World War II resulted in many deaths, at ‎least 70 million people were killed. A significant number of people were killed by the United ‎States. It has been almost a century since this brutal bloodbath and the main question is ‎what benefits did the murderers, such as the United States, receive except for disgrace?”‎......https://en.abna24.com/news//ayatollah-javadi-amoli-what-benefits-killers-receive-except-disgrace‎_992808.html

After listening to Ayatollah Javadi Amoli’s remarks, Professor Pirone expressed his happiness ‎to meet him and said, “As a Christian, I ask God to protect His Eminence for all the ‎monotheists of the world.”‎

Professor Bartolomeo Pirone was a former professor of the Arabic Language and Literature ‎at the University of Naples of Oriental Studies and a scholar at the Ambrosian Library in ‎Milan.‎

https://en.abna24.com/news//ayatollah-javadi-amoli-what-benefits-killers-receive-except-disgrace‎_992808.html

Ayatollah Javadi Amoli: What benefits killers receive except disgrace?‎

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

1 hour ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

As I mentioned previously they are simply brainwashed. They are blinded with ignorance. They emulate these figures because they believe that they are companions that need to be respected regardless. They have been influenced by the lies of the Umayyad dynasty. A lot of the Sunnis I know hardly even know who muawiyah is and they only know him by name. 

So they are religiously inspired. That's my point. 

59 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

So they are religiously inspired. That's my point. 

Their ignorance is religiously inspired and they use religion to weaponize their ignorance.

Like Akbar said, nobody wants to question religion. So, by giving their deception a religious garb, the ignorance behind the facade becomes less likely to be questioned.

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

1 hour ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Their ignorance is religiously inspired and they use religion to weaponize their ignorance.

Like Akbar said, nobody wants to question religion. So, by giving their deception a religious garb, the ignorance behind the facade becomes less likely to be questioned.

And their "ignorance" is inspired by the ignorant role models they follow who paved the way for them.

Edited by Sumerian

53 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Definitely, most of the ideology comes from the teachings of Sayyid Qutb, Ibn Taymmiyyah and  Muhammad Abdul-Wahhab.

it's a little bit complex because salafists &wahabists as followers of Ibn Taymmiyyah and  Muhammad Abdul-Wahhab are against Ikhwan party as followers of Sayyid Qutb that Salafist are categorizing Ikhwanists as Shia ally because Ikhwanists had good relation with Iranian revolutionists  against Shah that even Imam Khamenei translated  book of  Sayyid Qutb with name of ' in shadow of Qur'an ' & still praises his thought about establishing an Islamic government but after  Sayyid Qutb , ikhwanists became anti Iran & Shia again but Salafist &wahabists don't accept them that still they are accusing Ikhwanists to cooperation with Shias that inspired from Iran revolution.

Robert Pape: “Based on an analysis of every known case of suicide terrorism from 1980 to 2003 (315 attacks as part of 18 campaigns), he concludes that there is "little connection between suicide terrorism and Islamic fundamentalism, or any one of the world's religions... . Rather, what nearly all suicide terrorist attacks have in common is a specific secular and strategic goal: to compel modern democracies to withdraw military forces from territory that the terrorists consider to be their homeland”

1 hour ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

it's a little bit complex because salafists &wahabists as followers of Ibn Taymmiyyah and  Muhammad Abdul-Wahhab are against Ikhwan party as followers of Sayyid Qutb that Salafist are categorizing Ikhwanists as Shia ally because Ikhwanists had good relation with Iranian revolutionists  against Shah that even Imam Khamenei translated  book of  Sayyid Qutb with name of ' in shadow of Qur'an ' & still praises his thought about establishing an Islamic government but after  Sayyid Qutb , ikhwanists became anti Iran & Shia again but Salafist &wahabists don't accept them that still they are accusing Ikhwanists to cooperation with Shias that inspired from Iran revolution.

Regardless of these minute differences or what they think of each other, they are very similar in ideology and share common ancestry with each other.