Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Moalfas

Men are the Victims!! LOL

Rate this topic

" Researchers from Essex and the University of Missouri used these factors to calculate BIGI scores for 134 nations, representing 6.8 billion people. Surprisingly their new measure found men are, on average, more disadvantaged than women in 91 countries compared with a relative disadvantage for women in 43 countries."

I knew it lol 

https://www.essex.ac.uk/news/2019/01/03/new-measure-for-gender-inequality-suggests-many-disadvantages-for-men

This is only one study. I'm sure there are other studies that say women are more disadvantaged overall. Considering girls and women are more commonly subjected to child marriages, sex slavery, less access to education in poor countries. Even in such a developed country like the US, rapists rarely ever get jail time, and in some states can be given paternity rights to the child that they conceived from rape. 

Edited by Lilly14

5 hours ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

Oh heelll naww 

in a lexicographic exercise, l Iooked up "hell naw" as the search engine prompted this orthographic correction.

The lexicon entitled "Urban Dictionary" says that "hell naw" is an exclamation of "great surpride" or "great opposition".

Even this old dotard learns something new about every few days. Thanks, missy.

And an early "happy second anniversary" to you. The 17th, correct?

Edited by hasanhh

Guest data?Monad

before jumping to conclusions, this is DATA.

It is an overview of collected data based on three criterian.

https://bigi.genderequality.info/#_a_simple_formula

then consider the

https://bigi.genderequality.info/#_case_studies

therefore this is not about single individuals, AKA you, your life or mine or his or hers. Learn to read.

1 hour ago, Guest data?Monad said:

If you go over the individual factors country by country the thing which men fall behind on healthy life span and basic education. This topples the score in women's favour. 

The third factor 'life satisfaction'

1.isn't much difference between either gender apart in most countries 

2. And in the few countries that it's different the results don't seem reliable. More example one country is KSA where men report to have a significantly decreased life satisfaction than women??? KSA? 

Further, men’s physical and mental well-being clearly requires attention. 

Seriously?All that Oil money and alcohol and harem full of women isn't enough to take care of their well being and give a satisfaction from life? 

Guest hmz!Monad

I am not an academic or statistician and I did skim read it all just to look for points.

https://bigi.genderequality.info/#_data

https://bigi.genderequality.info/#FAQSA

How come that the BIGI score in Saudi Arabia is not showing a great disadvantage for women, given the restrictions for women that have been widely reported in the media?

This is explained in detail in the PloS One article about BIGI, please read it here. = https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0205349

Molfas title is misleading.

I'd go far and state that all humans are victims.

Guest hmz!Monad
16 minutes ago, starlight said:

Seriously?All that Oil money and alcohol and harem full of women isn't enough to take care of their well being and give a satisfaction from life? 

How to improve: The country has to do much in regard to reducing gender inequality in each of the specific domains (education, health, life satisfaction). Policies (and their implementation) to ensure that girls get basic education are urgently needed. Further, men’s physical and mental well-being clearly requires attention. More research is needed to better understand what can be done, especially because there is little accessible research on Saudi’s men’s health and well-being.

I do not know whether there is data on womens health in Saudi arabia. note that not all men enjoy the luxury of the oil revenues in Saudi. Mental health data is associated with decisions making skills and eventual economic growth of the nation and subtly its outlining the religious doctrine of the nation. If the human populace is eventually failing without it being recogognized then the nation will fail.

On 12/14/2019 at 1:24 PM, Guest hmz!Monad said:

Molfas title is misleading.

I'd say the title is sensational not misleading. 

On 12/14/2019 at 1:24 PM, Guest hmz!Monad said:

I'd go far and state that all humans are victims.

Agreed.

All humans are both victims and perpetrators. 

On 12/14/2019 at 8:10 AM, starlight said:

men fall behind on healthy life span   particularly when they are marred

and basic education. because it is a mind numbing existence

This topples the score in women's favour. that is their objective

The third factor 'life satisfaction'  marred men never make it to this delusion after a couple of years

:fever: