Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Moalfas

Lord of the Rings - Shia Edition

Rate this topic

Lol 

What rings do you have? And what do you wear regularly or on special occasions? 

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

None, except l had a weeding band, which l hocked.

[weed -garment definition -old clothes edition]

Semi precious stones are said to have some very interesting properties, do they not interest you? 

I have a ring with marble from the grave of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) set in silver. It's by far my favourite piece of jewellery,one that I wear almost everyday. Other than this, there are the usual Shia rings,lol one with Aqeeq, another one with feroza, a durre Najaf one of course. And there this one with hadeed e Seeni, has something written on it. It's very special. Has come useful on quite a few occasions. 

As salaamun aleikum,

I have a ring that was gifted to me by my husband when we first met. It is a Dur E Najaf stone with surah iklass engraved on it. It also was the ring used as my wedding ring durring the ceremony. Its very dear to me and I wear it often, but I am a little scared of losing it:cry:! I already "lost" it once, but I found it under the seat of my vehicle, alhamdulilah. I also have a small firouzeh stone set in silver, the stone is from Niyshabur Iran, and a small Yemeni aqeeq.

W/s

Screenshot_20191210-123951-540x960.png

Edited by shia farm girl

1 hour ago, starlight said:

I have a ring with marble from the grave of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) set in silver.

Mashallah.. how did you get it?

. And there this one with hadeed e Seeni, has something written on it. It's very special. Has come useful on quite a few occasions. 

I can imagine.. Hadeed Seeni can be Very useful, It's narrated that Imam Ali (عليه السلام) wore it during battles.

1 hour ago, Shia farm girl said:

As salaamun aleikum,

I have a ring that was gifted to me by my husband when we first met. It is a Dur E Najaf stone with surah iklass engraved on it.

Mashllah.. it really is beautiful.

1 hour ago, Shia farm girl said:

It also was the ring used as my wedding ring durring the ceremony. Its very dear to me and I wear it often, but I am a little scared of losing it:cry:! I already "lost" it once, but I found it under the seat of my vehicle, alhamdulilah.

I know what you mean.. losing a ring is Horrible!! Let alone your wedding ring lol 

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

:ranting: "Youz all ain't supposed to use neither the Revelation of Allah -(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). nor relics as Worldly ornaments."

@starlight ; @Shia farm girl  my dissapointment and dua.

:cry:

They're not really 'worldly ornaments' per se, there's plenty of narrations that point to the importance and blessings in having and wearing certain stones such as Aqeeq, Fayrooz, Dur Najaf etc 

36 minutes ago, realizm said:

:salam:

Imagine making wudhu with these on.

Haha one obviously would take them off for wudhu, but you can also keep it on as long as moisture can reach inside. Not sure it's practical with that many rings though lol 

20 minutes ago, Moalfas said:

They're not really 'worldly ornaments' per se, there's plenty of narrations that point to the importance and blessings in having and wearing certain stones such as Aqeeq, Fayrooz, Dur Najaf etc 

https://themuslimvibe.com/featured/wearing-rings-and-gemstones-in-Islam-philosophy-and-benefits 

Notice, Rasulallah -(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).s.  used his for administraive purposes.

I must admit, I've become a bit of a ring hoarder in recent years.

I have several Aqeeq Yamani and non Yamani

Aqeeq Sulaymani 

Fayrooz Nayshaburi 

Dur Najaf 

Hadeed Seeni 

I wear the Aqeeq and fayrooz daily and the others on special occasions. 

This is one the Hadeed Seeni-

IMG_7496.JPG

11 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

https://themuslimvibe.com/featured/wearing-rings-and-gemstones-in-Islam-philosophy-and-benefits 

Notice, Rasulallah -(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).s.  used his for administraive purposes.

The narrations from Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) point to many benefits to wearing them daily as well as for specific purposes. We tend to rely on those narrations over the ones from Bukhari and Muslim :) 

2 minutes ago, Moalfas said:

The narrations from Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) point to many benefits to wearing them daily as well as for specific purposes. We tend to rely on those narrations over the ones from Bukhari and Muslim :) 

Scroll down on that webpage and you will see the narrations of the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام).

17 minutes ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

Scroll down on that webpage and you will see the narrations of the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام).

Thanks, I did and we have dozens more narrations which was what I was alluding to. 

I have one given by my father in law also from the grave of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) but I never wear it because it's a too big. My husband doesn't want us to resize them (he got one too) because he is afraid the jeweler will ruin it. Maybe he has changed his mind by now, I need to bring it up again. 

@Shia farm girl beautiful MashaAllah. The stone is very clear. I know what you mean about losing it. Mine is a bit loose so one day at work it slipped off my finger. I was at my desk going through some papers and books and one minute it was there and the next it was gone. I had a such a panic attack even though I knew it would be somewhere on my desk or the bookshelf and no one had come in my office. I finally found it a few minutes later. Some days I think of wearing it as a pendant instead of in my finger as an added safety measure (underneath my clothes of course, or it would look weird having a ring hanging around your neck from a chain) but I want to keep it close.

rps20191211_102807_281.thumb.jpg.407aa759e16d15a5099712899b268092.jpg

Sorry I don't have a better picture. I am not wearing it today .This was in my phone from some months back(randomly taken at work (pre wudhu) because it looked nice sitting there with my watch lol. 

@Moalfas lolz, this ain't fair. Why are men's rings more beautifully made. They look more solid and well made in general as compared to women's. What's engraved on it? Quls? 

7 hours ago, Moalfas said:

how did you get it?

There is a gift/souvenir shop inside the roza of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام). They changed the marble covering the grave after many years and decided to sell the stone as jewellery and small tablets. I bought a tear drop shaped pendant too. See if you can get one if you have family there and if they haven't run out(InshaAllah not) because I think they didn't sell it all in one go. They have been spacing it out so more people can buy. 

1 hour ago, ireallywannaknow said:

I never wear it because it's a too big.

But if you make it smaller they will cut and chip off the stone :(

Edited by starlight
resized pic

Fayrooz  & Imam Jawad ring (Hirz e Jawad)

image.jpeg.36ad6cae7547aba56f6f17b9a6c5ff3d.jpeg

https://www.sibtayn.com/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1959&Itemid=288

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

4 hours ago, starlight said:

Why are men's rings more beautifully made.?  They look more solid and well made in general as compared to women's.

:furious: "Maybe because women will buy anything . . . and a lot of it."

:sorry: "My nefarious impulses made me write that."

5 hours ago, starlight said:

But if you make it smaller they will cut and chip off the stone

Hmm I don't think so, they usually just take a little from the back of the band and re weld it from what it looks like. The stone stays intact. 

10 hours ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

I’m thinking of doing newer designs for rings. I don’t like the designs that are currently available.

Are you a designer?

10 hours ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

Different cuts and shapes.

You mean the stones? 

7 hours ago, ireallywannaknow said:

I have one given by my father in law also from the grave of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) but I never wear it because it's a too big. My husband doesn't want us to resize them (he got one too) because he is afraid the jeweler will ruin it. Maybe he has changed his mind by now, I need to bring it up again. 

If you don't want to resize the band, you can always wrap a string around the bottom as required to get a decent fit. 

6 hours ago, starlight said:

rps20191211_102807_281.thumb.jpg.407aa759e16d15a5099712899b268092.jpg

MashAllah very nice. 

@Moalfas lolz, this ain't fair. Why are men's rings more beautifully made. They look more solid and well made in general as compared to women's.

Mens rings tend to be more solid because they're bulky. More silver and lot more design varaiations than the female rings. But I've seen females wear men's rings. Just don't go for the really bulky ones lol 

What's engraved on it? Quls? 

Yes Quls, well spotted! 

Gems from Heaven 

Ahlul Bayt TV documentary

10 hours ago, Moalfas said:

Are you a designer?

You mean the stones? 

Yes, I work in the art field.

Not just the stones. The band, bridge and the whole 9 yards. I think there needs to be a variety of ring designs as not many people I know like the bulkiness of the current ones.

@Ibn Al-Shahid that's pretty cool. I'd be interested to see what kind of new designs you have in mind? the 'latest' design I know of if the one Basim Karbalaei started (شباچ الحضرة shrine window) I call it!  

I prefer the more classical and simple designs though. 

IMG_7497.PNG

Princess of Aqeeq

Yemeni lady in the ring making business