Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest Help

Interview shaking hand strats plzzzz

Rate this topic

Guest Help

Salam,

Tmrw I have an interview and I am not sure if to shake hand what should I say. Should I wear gloves. Last time I wore gloves in another interview the woman looked bit weirded out. I dnt wana explain Islamic hikmah to them it is too awkkwaard 

Ws,

The emergency solution is to say that your feeling a bit sick (which is a subjective matter) when they reach their hands towards you.

Later on if you get employed you can say that you don’t shake hands for religious reasons and if they fire you because of that, then they will get into problems.

Guest window

There are thin flesh colored gloves you could wear. Just don't wear latex, that would be weird. Or you can just be direct and say I can't shake your hand for religious reasons. God would hear that and will not leave you hanging just for following his rules. You might fail that interview but eventually, inevitably, He's going to pay you back.

1. rub ur nose to make it really red and carry tissue in your hand, when you walk in greet and immediately say forgive me I am feeling a bit unwell while wiping your nose with the tissue!

2. wear a splint on your right hand

3. claim you have ocd like that celebrity howie and cannot shake hands

4. know that some of the above will probably force you to continue making many more excuses/land in many awkward situations at later times in work, though maybe at that time you will be able to bluntly say you cannot shake hands with anyone due to religion. if you are male and say 'I can't shake hands with a female' you will likely be labelled as sexist and get ostracized.

5. if you require this job to sustain livelihood and you know you will not be hired if you refuse to shake hands, it may be permissible to shake hands for that occasion but later you would have to refuse all handshakes from the opposite sex once u get the job

6. if you are female and a hijabi, people are generally understanding and accepting if you say you cannot shake hands due to your religion. but if you are male... lol. keep the dodging skills ready and anticipate handshakes before they happen so you can make your preventive moves.

Funny story so you know what to expect... I got caught off guard once at work; I am a male, and a woman appeared out of nowhere, sat behind me, and extended her hand to shake when I had turned to face her, while there were people in the background (makes it harder to flat out say I don't shake hands), 

I said pleased to meet you and awkwardly spun my chair away leaving her hand hanging and proceeded to fumble with the computer pretending to have forgotten something important that I should have done while she continued saying in a loud voice very pleased to meet you, I just said likewise and continued to show my back to her. Not my proudest moment but whatever, better earn their anger than the anger of Allah. Needless to say she hated me and tried to make my job harder than it was, and likely spoke ill of me to colleagues/senior staff. Oh well, she is gone now =).

May Allah make it easy on you.

11 hours ago, dragonxx said:

rub ur nose to make it really red and carry tissue in your hand, when you walk in greet and immediately say forgive me I am feeling a bit unwell while wiping your nose with the tissue!

That is lying, and lying is haram. This would be like falling into one sin while trying to avoid another. 

Hold you hand on your heart, smile and say "I am sorry, but for religious reasons I do not shake hand with a person of the opposite sex." I know it can be a problem in some countries (like mine for instance) but I think it is better than feeling bad about it later.

3 hours ago, Anonymous-Male said:

That is lying, and lying is haram. This would be like falling into one sin while trying to avoid another. 

lool theres always that 1 person who says this...

when confronted with two sins, choose the lesser of the two =P

2 hours ago, dragonxx said:

lool theres always that 1 person who says this...

when confronted with two sins, choose the lesser of the two =P

or chose neither. You don't always have to shake hands.

You can be professional without shaking hands. There are many methods, you just got to study them and copy and do it with confidence.

20 hours ago, AkhiraisReal said:

or chose neither. You don't always have to shake hands.

You can be professional without shaking hands. There are many methods, you just got to study them and copy and do it with confidence.

spoken like a true person of ignorance.

you risk your job in some places - literally.

no job =  no life.

don't assume all places are as easy going as yours.

On 12/10/2019 at 6:41 PM, dragonxx said:

spoken like a true person of ignorance.

you risk your job in some places - literally.

no job =  no life.

don't assume all places are as easy going as yours.

If you must shake hands for a job, then clearly your boss is not professional.

We live in a modern world, if people can't accept your hijab and your deen. Then look the other way.

Are we going to tell the sisters to sell themselves cheap? for a job?

What's next? you can't have hijab in the working environment. how low are we going to go?

Imagine if this was your wife or sister or mother. Would you tell her the same thing?

Best Strat is to truly believe in Islam and become truly happy with the unlimitted bounties from this believe and wisdoms

Some people will not care, others will like to learn more, and others will become outraged or something dramatic while being foolish.

You must look at yourself