Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
AkhiraisReal

Vaccine Fearmongering

There has been recent reports of measles outbreak in Samoa and the mainstream news around the world has the story covered.

What do you guys think of vaccines? is it something necessary? Should we take them? should our kids take them?

Should we take precautions and neglect vaccines to prevent other health related issues that may incur when taken the vaccines. 

Is it safe to give young kids these type of vaccines which contain harmful ingredients, even if they are small in doses.

Has the opinion of the people regarding vaccines become biased because of lobbyist and the power these massive corporations have.

What's the Islamic stand when considering to take vaccine or not.

There is a huge debate that has been going on between the anti-vaxxers and pro-vaxxers whether vaccines are necessary and if they really are safe as proclaimed. Both sides, with scientific and historical data to prove their points.

What's the shiachat members stand on this?

Unless anyone here is a doctor and can give us a reason NOT to take vaccines, then I'm pretty sure the answer most of our brothers and sisters will be to keep vaccinating children. 

Have you personally seen what has happened to children who are not vaccinated? 

I'm curious about this topic myself, but im 100% FOR vaccines.

46 minutes ago, Mohannad_Haydar_Matar said:

Unless anyone here is a doctor and can give us a reason NOT to take vaccines, then I'm pretty sure the answer most of our brothers and sisters will be to keep vaccinating children. 

Have you personally seen what has happened to children who are not vaccinated? 

I'm curious about this topic myself, but im 100% FOR vaccines.

people who have studied in the area of bio medicine and biochemistry, virology, immunology etc questions vaccines.

Yes I have seen what has happened to children who are not vaccinated. But was the main reason for their calamity that they where not vaccinated or because of something else that is not disclosed to the public? such as prior health issues, genetics, poor family, dirty food and water etc. To make it biased towards vaccines?.....

Have you seen what has happened to some of the children who where vaccinated and had some major life changing adversities? death, paralysis, epilepsy, autism etc...... How many of these cases has not been disclosed?

Should we trust the life of our children in the hands of the doctors who have no connection to our child, that they know whats best for our child? Isn't that madness? Specially when it's something that happens naturally without the need of vaccines.

Why is this such a huge news that every mainstream news covers this in the first 15 secs of being live. Are we all going to die if we don't vaccinate? Could there be some other agenda behind the vaccination program?

Edited by AkhiraisReal

15 minutes ago, AkhiraisReal said:

death, paralysis, epilepsy, autism etc......

You could die from anything. the numbers of people who died from vaccination vs the number of people who didn’t is huge. Someone died from a colonoscopy a few days ago, are colonoscopies bad? No. Death literally happens in anything.

New research proves that Autism develops in the womb, way before vaccination. There is no truth or evidence that vaccines cause autism. 

Look at the statistics. There will be deaths and harm with everything, it’s just not a high percentage.

Just now, Abu Nur said:

Sometimes I just want to say to these issues is just tawakkel to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and leave everything to Him to take care. 

Could you elaborate what you mean by that. That you wouldn't take or give vaccines to your child?

1 minute ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

You could die from anything. the numbers of people who died from vaccination vs the number of people who didn’t is huge. Someone died from a colonoscopy a few days ago, are colonoscopies bad? No. Death literally happens in anything.

New research proves that Autism develops in the womb, way before vaccination. There is no truth or evidence that vaccines cause autism. 

Look at the statistics. There will be deaths and harm with everything, it’s just not a high percentage.

Exactly! you could die from anything. So why this huge spurt for vaccines?

Brother you can find research for anything these days. But which one is to be followed? both have their biased opinions.

Just now, AkhiraisReal said:

Brother you can find research for anything these days. But which one is to be followed? both have their biased opinions.

No. This is not how research works, especially when it comes to things like genetics and such. You can prove this research by replicating it. Once you replicate it and find the same evidence they become facts. And this is a fact that Autism happens before birth, not after being vaccinated.

Vaccines protect you from dying and spreading diseases to other people im society, those who die from vaccines are a very small number and is usually caused by human error, not the vaccine.

The thing about having huge debates on any topic is that it tends to make people polarised and then they are unable to see or take the middle course.

Same goes for pro and anti vax debate. We don't always have to pick sides. This isn't Saqeefah. Why do we have make the choice between either forgoing all vaccines or get ourselves or our child injected with the long list of vaccine cocktails drug companies love to shove in our faces. 

The best way to go about this in my opinion is to take the middle ground. Choose the essential ones, Measles,Mumps, Rubella, Polio, Diphtheria,Pertussis, Tetanus and Hep B. The rest pneumonia, influenza, chicken pox, HPV, meningococcal, rota virus.. and the list goes, are non essential and a marketing gimmick in my opinion, so don't get those.

Follow our religion and maintain and healthy lifestyle and InshaAllah there is no need to all these vaccines. For example, Muslims don't need HPV vaccine because they usually don't have multiple sexual partners and hence not at a risk for cervical cancer.Some illness is okay. Flu strengthens our immune system against cancer causing agents (one of our Masooms (عليه السلام)said this hundreds of years ago and since proved it in the twenty first century) so just take a balanced approach.

Guest Brother IR
1 hour ago, starlight said:

The thing about having huge debates on any topic is that it tends to make people polarised and then they are unable to see or take the middle course.

Same goes for pro and anti vax debate. We don't always have to pick sides. This isn't Saqeefah. Why do we have make the choice between either forgoing all vaccines or get ourselves or our child injected with the long list of vaccine cocktails drug companies love to shove in our faces. 

The best way to go about this in my opinion is to take the middle ground. Choose the essential ones, Measles,Mumps, Rubella, Polio, Diphtheria,Pertussis, Tetanus and Hep B. The rest pneumonia, influenza, chicken pox, HPV, meningococcal, rota virus.. and the list goes, are non essential and a marketing gimmick in my opinion, so don't get those.

Follow our religion and maintain and healthy lifestyle and InshaAllah there is no need to all these vaccines. For example, Muslims don't need HPV vaccine because they usually don't have multiple sexual partners and hence not at a risk for cervical cancer.Some illness is okay. Flu strengthens our immune system against cancer causing agents (one of our Masooms (عليه السلام)said this hundreds of years ago and since proved it in the twenty first century) so just take a balanced approach.

While I respect your experience and knowledge, this is not safe advice to be giving on the forum sister, and I ask for this post to be approved so you can address it, as a matter of importance. 

The Influenza vaccine is actually extremely important, and is recommended in the NHS for those over 65, those with certain medical conditions such as Asthma, pregnant woman, and many other groups. In fact, it is also recommended for children. It is absolutely worth taking, because while the Flu itself can be overcome for most adults, if enough people are vaccinated it helps to reduce the spread, particularly towards those at risk friends, families, associates or people we come into contact with. It's fairly cheap, affordable, and absolutely worth taking,

From the NHS website: "Flu vaccine is the best protection we have against an unpredictable virus that can cause unpleasant illness in children and severe illness and death among at-risk groups, including older people, pregnant women and those with an underlying medical health condition."

Source:https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/flu-influenza-vaccine/

I'll address some of the other points you've raised in a short while.

42 minutes ago, starlight said:

meningococcal,

l got this one in high school when one of my classmates died from it.

As for mumps, one girl l worked with had the vaccine and still contracted it at at 23. There were three days she couldn't even turn over in bed she was so weak she was telling us later. She really tought she was dying.

37 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

l got this one in high school when one of my classmates died from it.

I am not saying no one should get it. I got it in my childhood once when there was an outbreak but I am certainly against giving it to every person that comes to you. Similarly when people are travelling somewhere or have some other condition that predisposes them to an illness they can be given a vaccine but I don't get these blanket statements about giving them to every person. 

Edited by starlight

42 minutes ago, Guest Brother IR said:

From the NHS website: "

NHS can write what it wants because it has to think of the thousands of alcoholics and homeless and drug abusers and neglected people at the extremes of age with very poorly functioning immune systems. 

@hasanhh I can show you stats of people dying from chicken pox. If you want a chicken pox vaccination, it's up to you.

5 hours ago, AkhiraisReal said:

Could you elaborate what you mean by that. That you wouldn't take or give vaccines to your child?

The reason why I took vaccines (only essentials one) to my child is because I can afford it and it is more benefit to my child health. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is the one who give health so that's why after choosing what is benefit trough His giving knowledge, then trust and tawakkal to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

Edited by Abu Nur

1 hour ago, starlight said:

NHS can write what it wants because it has to think of the thousands of alcoholics and homeless and drug abusers and neglected people at the extremes of age with very poorly functioning immune systems. 

@hasanhh I can show you stats of people dying from chicken pox. If you want a chicken pox vaccination, it's up to you.

From what l heard often -even again today- is that chicken pox, mumps, rubella are fortunately childhood illnesses because they are quite severe when an adult gets them. [Now l remember where: dw.com, ln Good Shape, current edition.]  That is what l wrote happened to Rachel above.

l also have yellow fever which is potentially moving back into the US. lf l remember correctly, there is now one for dengue.

The onlly vaccine l know of where there was a problem was the polio back in the 90s. We have many doctors in our local mosque who takled about this. There was a problem with the manufacturing so the vaccine was recalled. But, instead of destryoing it, it was shipped over seas. Later from the news: From what l understand, this is how the anti-polio vaccine effort began in Pakistan. l don't remember all the news items except the last one l heard on TV. Since this mis-manufactured vaccine by then had passed an expiration date, it was sent to sub-Sahara Africa where it killed several children. The company after a legal battle finally admitted that the vaccine was no-good to begin with. l don't know what happened after this. OPINE: Why would they do this? Was there somekind of tax write-off in the beginning by donating it? -as bad as it was?

Factoid: about two decades ago, l read this article and asked a doctor friend about it. There was this national shortage of basic vaccines. Reason: American companies had stopped producing them to focus on more profitable activities.