Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Hussain Haider Bilgrami

Anywhere to learn Farsi?

Salam
I am a Pakistani Shia Muslim who is trying to learn Farsi. I wish to find a place with english instructions on how to learn Farsi

16 minutes ago, Ibn al-Hussain said:

@Ibn al-Hussain

I've heard in one of your posts that you can speak Farsi? Would you call yourself fluent? Do you tend to speak a more formal version of Farsi in real life or casual/informal?

2 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

@Ibn al-Hussain

I've heard in one of your posts that you can speak Farsi? Would you call yourself fluent? Do you tend to speak a more formal version of Farsi in real life or casual/informal?

Yes I am fluent and I speak mostly informal Farsi now, even though I began with learning formal.

Salams

2 hours ago, Ibn al-Hussain said:

Around 4-6 months - I was in Iran and hence why I picked it up really quick.

Being fluent in Urdu also gave you a leg up on most people that didn't know an Indic language. If the OP knows one he's quite advantaged in that regard.

3 hours ago, Revert1963 said:

There is a lot of videos on you tube too.
I think the most important thing is the motivation. For me, among other thing, it is wanting to understand the Khutbah in the Mosque I go to.

How long have you been learning Farsi for? 

12 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

How long have you been learning Farsi for? 

I started half a year ago, but I got stuck on the repetition, so I thought I should think out of the box, and then I found some youtube videos and phone apps with flashcards in order to increase my vocabulary. I think that is the right approach for me and also dedicating more time and focusing on Farsi. I am trying to learn Arabic at the same time, but that is a little easier because I had some Arabic classes 30 years ago. That also helped with the letters. I only had to do a brush up because I knew them from before. And then learn the few extra letters in Farsi that is not in Arabic.