Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  

Is it haram to make a dua for someone to die?

Rate this topic

I don't know. Recently I made a dua for an enemy of God and His people to die with this traditional incentive of reading a "mojiza" and distributing sweet rice with it if accepted.

It did not get accepted.

Guest sour!Monad
3 hours ago, The Green Knight said:

I don't know. Recently I made a dua for an enemy of God and His people to die with this traditional incentive of reading a "mojiza" and distributing sweet rice with it if accepted.

It did not get accepted.

perhaps the rice was not sweet enough.

6 hours ago, 313. said:

why not explain to us first what your opinion is on whether it being :

A. Yes,

B. No.

In what context would A and B work or not work?

Is it not annyoing when posters posit questions without giving us their own take on issues, then probably run around, stating , looooooooooook this is the opinion of others. damn the human race!

2 hours ago, Guest sour!Monad said:

perhaps the rice was not sweet enough.

why not explain to us first what your opinion is on whether it being :

A. Yes,

B. No.

In what context would A and B work or not work?

Is it not annyoing when posters posit questions without giving us their own take on issues, then probably run around, stating , looooooooooook this is the opinion of others. damn the human race!

What do you mean by A and B. 

15 hours ago, 313. said:

salam,

7e034990a40e1be5c15e281dbad9ca32--islamic-teachings-islamic-quotes.jpg.b96b2fd4199a19d546d20ffb561d6fa7.jpg

now why would you want to do such a du'a when you got your own death?

“It is Allah Who gives you life, then gives you death; then He will gather you together for the Day of Judgment about which there is no doubt”: But most men do not understand. (Qur'an 45:26)

“O ye who believe! Fear Allah, and let every soul look to what (provision) He has sent forth for the morrow. Yea, fear Allah: for Allah is well-acquainted with (all) that ye do.”(Qur'an 59:18))

Prepare for Death. It can strike anytime at anyplace

Holy Qur'an Says:

“Verily the knowledge of the Hour is with Allah (alone). It is He Who sends down rain, and He Who knows what is in the wombs. Nor does anyone know what it is that he will earn on the morrow: Nor does anyone know in what land he is to die. Verily with Allah is full knowledge and He is acquainted (with all things).” (Qur'an 31:34)

ws

On 12/7/2019 at 2:02 PM, Mzwakhe said:

salam,

7e034990a40e1be5c15e281dbad9ca32--islamic-teachings-islamic-quotes.jpg.b96b2fd4199a19d546d20ffb561d6fa7.jpg

now why would you want to do such a du'a when you got your own death?

“It is Allah Who gives you life, then gives you death; then He will gather you together for the Day of Judgment about which there is no doubt”: But most men do not understand. (Qur'an 45:26)

“O ye who believe! Fear Allah, and let every soul look to what (provision) He has sent forth for the morrow. Yea, fear Allah: for Allah is well-acquainted with (all) that ye do.”(Qur'an 59:18))

Prepare for Death. It can strike anytime at anyplace

Holy Qur'an Says:

“Verily the knowledge of the Hour is with Allah (alone). It is He Who sends down rain, and He Who knows what is in the wombs. Nor does anyone know what it is that he will earn on the morrow: Nor does anyone know in what land he is to die. Verily with Allah is full knowledge and He is acquainted (with all things).” (Qur'an 31:34)

ws

That does not correlate with my topic..

On 12/7/2019 at 8:52 AM, starlight said:

I don't think it's haram but there are better ways than this.

But if I did dua for someone to die, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will accept it?

@313.

We've learned from Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) that they pray to Allah for forgiveness and guidance to the ones who've wronged them. Not death. 

If we are unable to reach such high nobility with our enemies, we should pray that Allah Ta'ala keeps away their harm. 

On 12/7/2019 at 9:15 AM, 313. said:

it's not haram but every cursing can back to us so must be sure curse or pray for death of someone that deserves it like as MBS crown king of KSA &Saddam (la)

Hmm.. I think Dua alqamah captures it fairly enough:

I ask You to send blessings on Muhammad saw) and on the Progeny of Muhammad asws); and ... look into the causes of my sorrows, anxieties, burdens, and do away with them...

0 Allah put an end to the intentions of him who desires to destroy me, and outwit the one who plans against me, keep off from me the deceit and scheming and hostility; keep me distant, refusing to have anything to do with the schemer in whatever manner or occasion.

0  Allah divert his attention from me and involve him in his own troubles  and in his own mistfortunes which will not be easy to deal with, and engross him in laziness that You will not change into fruitful activities, in disgrace from which You will not lift from him, and in poverty which You will not relieve.

0 Allah let him be disgraced, and let there be emptiness in every effort that he makes, let his evil intentions affect his body and soul, so that his attention is diverted away from me, make him think no more of me as he has wilfully neglected and forgotten You, take away from me and divert his hearing, sight, speech, hands, legs, heart, and everything else on him , let everything he does go to waste and be incomplete, until he becomes completely occupied and has no time to remember me.

Thank you @habib e najjaar for sharing Dua Alqama.

The amount of lessons Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) have taught us through their Duas is astounding. 

Truly priceless treasures to the ones blessed enough to discover them.

http://www.duas.org/alqama.htm