Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Diaz

Question related to my laptop

Hey guys, I have a question. Last year I brought an HP laptop because I wanted to study about game development or coding, but sadly at that time I didn’t have money to join any institution, so I postponed it. I had it since 2018 November. But since I’m not interested in PC, I didn’t use it for a long period of time. I use to switch it “ON”once or twice monthly, it use to lag a lot.

Yesterday my elder sister wanted to use it because she wanted to watch some series with my other sibling, they were watching but my laptop was lagging a lot. So according to my younger sister, If we are not using our laptop everyday or majority of time, our laptop will lag a lot. I did not find this in google, can anyone refute what my sister said? And do anyone have any idea why my laptop is lagging a lot? I have anti-virus and it’s activated daily. 

Edited by Diaz

2 hours ago, حسين said:

Salam Diaz, 

Just want to understand, do you know how much RAM your laptop has?

And how much stored memory the computer has?

I will check once I switch on my laptop, but I remember I used only 30-40% of it.

Salaam, 

It is unlikely that your laptop is lagging because you haven't used it in a long time. There could be many possibilities - 

• Your laptop have low configuration to handle even day to day tasks (post screen shot of system Properties if you can). 
  • Since the laptop wasn't used in long time, windows is continuously searching, downloading and installing updates. 
  • You might have installed various heavy softwares and programs that is clogging your CPU and hogging resources. This could be anything like Android Studio, Eclipse, etc. 
  • Anti-virus sometimes slows down PC. Check Task manager which program is taking resources. 
  • PC infected with malware also slows down PC. 
  • Your OS drive (generally C drive) is red. 
  • There could be dust around fan area which is resulting in overheating thus underclocking CPU. Check if the fan is making unusual noise. 

There can be many reasons for lag but not the one you mentioned.

Argument made needs to be proved first. If not proved, then this automatically dis proves it.

Lags can be due to HardDrive having low health. Or a Low RPM drive running windows 10 or 8.1.

Also you should have 4 GB RAM to avoid lag since OS needs 1.2+ and Googl Chrome eats RAM alot.

Also re-install the windows if necessary.

May I ask you what is your Harddrive usage? Look into task manager! And tell. If its high then it is causing lag.

My laptop is still lagging, I really hate laptops. I just found out that I used 95% of RAM. I think I will format everything and re-install the important things. By the way, majority of the time the WiFi network doesn’t show up in my laptop, I need to re-start my laptop 2-3 time to fix it, does anyone knows why this thing happens?

What kind of coding/game dev did you want to do, just out of curiosity?

I myself want to make NES roms that can run on an emulator, and then give them away for free

1 hour ago, Abdul-Hadi said:

What kind of coding/game dev did you want to do, just out of curiosity?

Dev means device right? Tbh, I’m not into game, I do play something because I have PlayStation 3 and 4. I prefer app games tbh. 

"dev" short for development.

Like, what kind of games did you want to develop?

1 minute ago, Abdul-Hadi said:

"dev" short for development.

Like, what kind of games did you want to develop?

Sorry, I actually forgot that I wanted to become a game developer :hahaha:

I’m only into horror games or survivor games. 

3 hours ago, Diaz said:

Sorry, I actually forgot that I wanted to become a game developer :hahaha:

I’m only into horror games or survivor games. 

This may shock you but I've never played a single survival/horror game in my life

2 hours ago, Abdul-Hadi said:

This may shock you but I've never played a single survival/horror game in my life

Btw, if you ever wanted to try survival or horror games, I will recommend you to a good ones only. 

6 hours ago, Diaz said:

WHY?? YOU MUST TRY THEM.

The problem is that I can't play a lot of new games due to some weird health issue with my eyes.

I used to be able to play CoD: Black Ops for hours at a time, then I got MW3 and could only play for half an hour or so until I got nauseous and had to turn it off. I'd end up looking at the wall and see it moving like I was still in the game, same thing happened with Guitar Hero (wall would be moving in center of vision field).

So really, the only games I can play now are older ones on NES, SNES, Genesis, etc. It's kind of lame, because video games were my thing as a kid... but now I just buy and trade vinyl records.