Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
AkhiraisReal

Does it annoy you brothers when you see a Muslim sister with improper behaviour or covering

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

On 11/29/2019 at 9:55 AM, AkhiraisReal said:

When you brothers see Muslim sisters and they are acting improperly or behaving like westerners or dressing like them. Does it make you sad? does it annoy you?

 

What do we know about Deen anyway?

I feel the same when I hear anyone preach to anyone about what the "Islamic" way is.

Truth is, Muslim or not there exists a spectrum of people who will act or behave the way they do regardless of their "deen", Western or eastern, black or white.

The best thing we can do is curb our frustration and smile and accept people and wish the same from them.

If someone is running around preaching something you disagree with as being right or wrong and you disagree, have a healthy conversation with mutual respect. If you can't, or the conversation devovles into hostility....walk away.

Edited by wmehar2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the random people no.

For Shias, I feel they should care.

For Syeds, I feel sad and think, in how much pain, would my Imam (عليه السلام) be . Same goes for me, when I do bad things, ;(

Forgive me Ya Allah!

Forgive me Ya Rasool ullah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)!

Forgive me Ya Syeda S.A!

Forgive me Ya Imam!

Edited by Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I see where you're coming from but the OP directed this question to the brothers. Men naturally have gheerah when it comes to women. It's a valid question because faithful men don't like seeing all these sisters imitating Westerners. You do realise that women have an important role in society? They have the role of raising an entire generation. I personally have so much respect for sisters who firmly hold on to their faith despite the presence of Islamaphobia. It's so inspiring to see women wearing the proper hijab despite getting abused and attacked. When I see a hijabi sister in public, I get reminded of my duty in Islam. Sisters will never be able to understand us men. It's within our nature to be protective over our daughters and sisters. It's not an obsession like some sisters like to point out. 

Consider me a weirdo or whatever you want to call me. I'm going to be hell honest. I get annoyed when I see Muslim women copying western people, dressing inappropriately and flirting  with men etc. It's not a pleasant feeling at all. I don't know if I'm being jealous but that's how I feel. I just want to tell them "please stop".

I hope I'm not being arrogant because I'm far from perfect. But I really want to let out what's inside me. I really really do feel this way. The OP has raised an extremely valid question.

Then who is to blame to reflect their behavior and influence?

The men who enforced the laws, and unfairly punish women.

Let's be honest, Islamic"authorities" have not been the kindest lawmakers, jurors over women.  What incentive do women have to follow the religious rules of those who've unfairly treated them? 

Let's not kid ourselves and pretend women have not and are not being suppressed now and resort to extreme measures to protect themselves in an "shariah enforced" court in all aspects of life.

If you're so afraid of them emulating "Western" traditions over eastern why not look and see what the west had that the east doesnt? Probably something far more Islamic than the east though not in name , which then relates to freedom, liberty, that feeling we all want. With that.. Now it's easy conflating Western culture, social, trends, etc with those sentiments.

Seems very attractive to try and copy.. can you blame anyone?

Edited by wmehar2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Agree
On 11/29/2019 at 3:18 PM, Guest uready?Monad said:

 men should have their gaze down?. what are you doing checking girls out? :pushup2: -

You see the flaw is in your biological need for a female. Because you cannot attain one, then this repression is procured via finger pointing. if you intend to be a good and moral person, then what should annoy is not just theists, but all human behavior, however the annoyance is due to a lack of need.

This. 1000%.

Get married and focus on improving yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

For the random people no.

For Shias, I feel they should care.

For Syeds, I feel sad and think, in how much pain, would my Imam (عليه السلام) be . Same goes for me, when I do bad things, ;(

 

The Imam AJF feels sad for all of humanity equally, regardless of lineage.

 

:bismillah:

إن اكرمكم عند الله أتقاكم 

The most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you

49/13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 3:02 PM, thuglife said:

One of the latest Spider Man movies had a Muslim girl wearing the head scarf and pants that really hugged the rear end. At one point, they had a camera shot that started from behind her and backed out slowly.

 

 

And that will get into the minds of the youths watching spiderman. So when they grow up they will behave and dress like what the movie industries has told them subconsciously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 5:40 PM, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

For the random people no.

For Shias, I feel they should care.

For Syeds, I feel sad and think, in how much pain, would my Imam (عليه السلام) be . Same goes for me, when I do bad things, ;(

Forgive me Ya Allah!

Forgive me Ya Rasool ullah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)!

Forgive me Ya Syeda S.A!

Forgive me Ya Imam!

it just makes me so sad inside. Like don't they know their values? how cheap they sold themselves.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 5:32 PM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Consider me a weirdo or whatever you want to call me. I'm going to be hell honest. I get annoyed when I see Muslim women copying western people, dressing inappropriately and flirting with men etc. It's not a pleasant feeling at all. I don't know if I'm being jealous but that's how I feel. I just want to tell them "please stop".

That's fair. Do you feel the same unpleasant feeling when you see Muslim brothers drinking and partying? What about when they are flirting with other women? Just trying to understand whether your unpleasant feeling is based on jealousy or if you genuinely feel disappointed when you see Muslims, regardless of sex, shying from what Islam has ordered them to do (or in this case, ordered to abstain from). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, confusedandannoyed said:

That's fair. Do you feel the same unpleasant feeling when you see Muslim brothers drinking and partying? What about when they are flirting with other women? Just trying to understand whether your unpleasant feeling is based on jealousy or if you genuinely feel disappointed when you see Muslims, regardless of sex, shying from what Islam has ordered them to do (or in this case, ordered to abstain from). 

Yes of course I feel the same when I see Muslim brothers drinking and partying. But I might not see that as often since I am not hanging in those area or around those times.

Flirting is another thing. I am not saying it's allowed or halal. But unfortunately as a man, you kinda have to flirt if you want to have a chance on getting into mutah/nikah with the westners. Isn't that part of the game? For women they don't need to do that. We Men are in excess supply and they in excess demand, understand where I am going?

If you use flirting for something else, such as haram activities then obviously you using it for haram reasons and as a believer I dislike.

Edited by AkhiraisReal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AkhiraisReal said:

Yes of course I feel the same when I see Muslim brothers drinking and partying. But I might not see that as often since I am not hanging in those area or around those times.

Flirting is another thing. I am not saying it's allowed or halal. But unfortunately as a man, you kinda have to flirt if you want to have a chance on getting into mutah/nikah with the westners. Isn't that part of the game? For women they don't need to do that. We Men are in excess supply and they in excess demand, understand where I am going?

If you use flirting for something else, such as haram activities then obviously you using it for haram reasons and as a believer I dislike.

That’s a double standard — the flirting part. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, confusedandannoyed said:

That’s a double standard — the flirting part. 

I am not saying it's not. But you do you think I will have a chance by going up to someone with a straight face asking for her number and ask her for mutah?

Have you seen anyone being able to do that? unless it's wasn't something arranged from the start.

Don't take my words seriously, because I don't want punishment from someone else's mistake.

I would like to ask the ayatullahs about this. What they think of this.

Edited by AkhiraisReal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, AkhiraisReal said:

I am not saying it's not. But you do you think I will have a chance by going up to someone with a straight face asking for her number and ask her for mutah?

Have you seen anyone being able to do that? unless it's wasn't something arranged from the start.

Don't take my words seriously, because I don't want punishment from someone else's mistake.

I would like to ask the ayatullahs about this. What they think of this.

I completely understand your point about the need to be a little flirtatious to get someone interested in you. Trust me, that's not what I meant with my earlier comment. 

The double standard came when you said women don't need to flirt because men are in excess supply. Us men, just like women, are smitten by someone giving us attention. Women flirt too, and sometimes they need to flirt in order to engage us. Your point about women not needing to flirt but men needing to was the double standard. "I NEED to do it as a man but women SHOULDN'T because they don't NEED to"...Don't lie to yourself. You also don't NEED to, but you choose to because we all know flirting yields better results. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Not the exact same feeling but I do feel sorry/sad for them. 

With women it's a more protective type of feeling.

I get having that protective type feeling for your mother, sisters, aunts, (I.e., women who are your family and friends). You shouldn't have to hold the burden of needing to protect women you don't know and who don't know you. It's unfair to yourself to carry that weight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, confusedandannoyed said:

I completely understand your point about the need to be a little flirtatious to get someone interested in you. Trust me, that's not what I meant with my earlier comment. 

The double standard came when you said women don't need to flirt because men are in excess supply. Us men, just like women, are smitten by someone giving us attention. Women flirt too, and sometimes they need to flirt in order to engage us. Your point about women not needing to flirt but men needing to was the double standard. "I NEED to do it as a man but women SHOULDN'T because they don't NEED to"...Don't lie to yourself. You also don't NEED to, but you choose to because we all know flirting yields better results. 

Women don't have to flirt. Especially if it's a Muslim man and Muslim woman. And I think most Muslim men would like women who are strong  and confident in their hijab.

Unfortunately the movies the tv programs the instagram models have made us think differently.

Edited by AkhiraisReal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 4:50 PM, starlight said:

Lol. Why would I take offence?

You are right. It's not very prudent to just jump in other people's life even if you mean well. Things might not be as they appear, and people most likely won't welcome it. 

Well it's none of his business. It's not like it was some siblings or close family member of his. That has nothing to do with this thread.

However if it was a Muslim sister, and she was with someone else non mahram. Then obviously that should make him sad. And it should also make you sisters sad when you see brothers drinking or acting indecent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AkhiraisReal said:

That has nothing to do with this thread.

Oh really? The opening post says its about Muslim sisters causing grief to the brothers.

8 minutes ago, AkhiraisReal said:

obviously that should make him sad.

Why sad? Why not annoyed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, starlight said:

Oh really? The opening post says its about Muslim sisters causing grief to the brothers.

Why sad? Why not annoyed?

sadness and annoyance is not the same as grief. A Muslim brother has no business in a Muslim sisters life if they are not closely related.

But because of their Islamic connection it should make them sad when one of the the genders acts indecent. That has nothing to do with telling her to cover herself, or beating someone up.

Edited by AkhiraisReal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...