Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
hasanhh

. Happy Thanksgivin' Y'all

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

greens beans potatoes tomatoes chicken turkey bacon u name it

astaghfirulah exclude the bacon

did I get the lyric right lol

l don't know about any lyrics, but you forgot he cranberry sauce.

6 hours ago, notme said:

Happy colonization day.

Havent heard that name, I like it.

We are hosting family this year. My mom is going to screen a video about how native Americans were massacred and the real story behind Thanksgiving before we eat. She does it every year :)

15 hours ago, notme said:

Happy colonization day. 

Like when the Cheyenne displaced the Kiowa in what is now eastern Kansas?

Of course, the Cheyenne homeland in the upper peninsula of Michigan was colonized by the Ojibwe before this.

The Ojibwe stopped there for the same reason the Cheyenne went south: the natives of the Upper Plains in Manatoba and western Ontario were always 'Siouxing' them.  :D

15 hours ago, ireallywannaknow said:

. My mom is going to screen a video about how native Americans were massacred and the real story behind Thanksgiving before we eat. She does it every year :)

:NH: for your Mom.

4 hours ago, Soldiers and Saffron said:

Sorry but can someone explain to me exactly what thanks giving is and why it is celebrated?

It's an American holiday. It comes from pilgrims and native Americans supposedly celebrating the harvest together but this is an article of the full story

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/27/opinion/thanksgiving-history.amp.html

5 hours ago, Soldiers and Saffron said:

Sorry but can someone explain to me exactly what thanks giving is and why it is celebrated?

It's a harvest celebration, in which people gather and have a feast of turkey and several kinds of pies. 

6 hours ago, Soldiers and Saffron said:

what thanks giving is and why it is celebrated?

After several attampts, Sarah Hale convinced President Lincoln to decree a national day of thanks as it woud, she argued, help heal the country after the Civil War ended. Lincoln decreed it for 1863.

l ate at my little sisters. Too much, l must confess.

What did my little nephew, the one l baby sat, want for Thanksgiving dinner? What most 4 year old boys would ask for: hamburgers.

:hahaha:

But we also had potatoes, macaroni & cheese, fried onions and finished with cha and cookies.

What slayed me was little nephew. All he did was play with his hamburger. He barely ate it.:ranting:"Don't you dare smack him, sister."

His little sister is now 18 months. She is also a good kid. What l want to tell is her and a snare drum. Once she saw her father drumming on it, she went over and picked up the sticks and made up her own beat. No joke. l watched her do it. 1,2,3,4 on the drum and then 5,6,7 by clapping her hands with the sticks in them. She repeated this over and over until she was distracted into something else. Later, they had tv music on. l saw her rapping the table with her right hand on the principle down beat.of the music. She was hearing what l had to 'studiously' listen for while l watched her. Then when the TV went to another song, she'd wait and watch until she "got it" and started doing it again. Since she was 8 or 9 months, her mother kept telling me how 'smart' she appeared to be.

Well, l guess l can "s-c" for a while before l have to sleep Thanksgiving off.

lnshallah, l'II be back to my grumpy old self tomorrow.

2 hours ago, tri-star said:

It comes from pilgrims and native Americans supposedly celebrating the harvest together

I haven't verified this claim, but someone told me today that the pilgrims folklore wasn't introduced until around the 40s or early 50s. 

17 minutes ago, notme said:

I haven't verified this claim, but someone told me today that the pilgrims folklore wasn't introduced until around the 40s or early 50s. 

l know to what you are referring to. lt is when an elementary school narrative was manufactured for national consumption. But this was before the 1940s l am "sure".

18 minutes ago, Diaz said:

That’s rude, no one posted what they ate in thanks giving xP

Roasted turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potato casserole, steamed garlic and soy sauce green beans, spinach and tomato salad, roasted beets with feta cheese, rolls, pumpkin pie, apple pie, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin spice cake. 

How's that? Feel better now? Sorry, I didn't even think of taking any pictures. It probably looked like any American feast you can find on the internet. 

6 hours ago, notme said:

Roasted turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potato casserole, steamed garlic and soy sauce green beans, spinach and tomato salad, roasted beets with feta cheese, rolls, pumpkin pie, apple pie, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin spice cake. 

How's that? Feel better now? Sorry, I didn't even think of taking any pictures. It probably looked like any American feast you can find on the internet. 

That was just a joke xD I hope you guys won’t take it serious.

yummy, sounds good, but why a lot of sweets?

On 11/29/2019 at 3:19 AM, Diaz said:

why a lot of sweets?

Why not!

On 11/28/2019 at 9:27 PM, hasanhh said:

We all were "stuffing" ourselves. 

Dressing then. You know, the seasoned wet bread stuff. It needs a better name. I nominate "seasoned wet bread stuff".

On a related note, does anyone have suggestions for storing more than a gallon of rich, delicious turkey bone broth? (Or is it stock? I can never remember which is which.)

On 11/29/2019 at 6:51 AM, notme said:

Why not!

Dressing then. You know, the seasoned wet bread stuff. It needs a better name. I nominate "seasoned wet bread stuff".

Ain't that that soggy, pappy-rico on a wheat thred stuff?  [okay, l do not know how to spell "paprika"]

On 11/29/2019 at 7:43 AM, notme said:

On a related note, does anyone have suggestions for storing more than a gallon of rich, delicious turkey bone broth? (Or is it stock? I can never remember which is which.)

l figure someone like my graanny wood say jar-it or coffee-can it and you'd may want to boil off some of the water first. <--that's what l believe.

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

l figure someone like my graanny wood say jar-it or coffee-can it and you'd may want to boil off some of the water first. <--that's what l believe.

It's been simmering for about 20 hours now. Of course the bones take up some volume, but it's still a lot. It smells even better than the turkey, though I haven't tasted it yet. 

I've got some coffee cans. I'll try those until I'm able to find some quart jars. Thanks.