Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ali_fatheroforphans

Are there any Scrs who you miss?

Rate this topic

Salam,

Are there any Shiachat members you miss or want to mention that you haven't seen for ages? There are some whose name I can't remember. 

Here's my list (I wonder where some have disappeared):

- Ali-f

- Husyani (I mean I just miss him being around on ShiaChat)

- Wholehearted Shi'a

- Strength=Abbas

- Islandsandmirrors 

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

54 minutes ago, The Green Knight said:

We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day
Keep smiling through
Just like you always do
'Till the blue skies drive the dark clouds far away

The lnk Spots version, correct?

Quite a few, I doubt I could list them all but I'll try. These are the members who made it such an intellectually challenging site 6 years ago, whose posts would force you to research, read, and better yourselves. You might've disagreed with them but they'd force you to at least consider what you think. Some of them never officially left the site but continue to remain here in a diminished capacity. I still talk to a number of these people almost daily by phone but it was something else to have everyone here so you could discuss. One of the members I'll mention sort of gives me a good argument for moving on from the site like he had -- because of a lack of worthwhile discussions among other reasons -- and though he is right, people talk about nonsense a whole lot more than I remember -- I don't know if that's the rose tinted glasses or not talking -- I still hold out hope though I find myself also a bit diminished in how much I can come on this site these days. These are the members I wish were still around:

Dar'ul-Islam/Abu Tufayl
Jebreil
Hannibal
Al-Afasy/other accounts
Nader Zaveri
Haydar Husayn
Al-Englisi
Cake
Jondab_Azdi
MHAFJ (I think I have that right -- I'd need to look up their account)
Islamic Salvation 

These are just people off the top of my head, this is in no way the list of all the members I wish would come back. I also remember Shia_Debater well. I remember there was one very promising brother who joined for a few months in 2013, he ended up closing his account because he didn't like way the members would behave -- I couldn't blame him, I can't remember his name but he was another poster of value.  This site's always had some fixation on marriage, but now all we ever seem to talk about is marriage, some recent nonsensical controversy, or something else which may be only rightfully described as a waste of time. I really do feel there might be a point to what I'm told, it might be becoming useless. Though, thank God there's an archive of old threads to read if you get bored.

I joined shiachat in 1998 when we used to have #mirc chat channel #Shia. Ali Al Bahrani then made the first Shia discussion board and there were only a handful of members then, around 40-50. Does anyone know where Ali Al Bahrani is? Other earliest members were Zuljenah, Upitshiagirl, rawshni, BKK, hajar. Anyone knows where they are all now...it's been more than 20 years. 

3 hours ago, Ibn Al-Ja'abi said:

This site's always had some fixation on marriage, but now all we ever seem to talk about is marriage,

No, it ain't "all".

Yet, a lot of people, especially sisters, do not have anyone to reasonably talk to about getting married. If its their parents they get the "oh, you'lI get Mr.. wonderful" and in many countries the parents add, "we'll see to that". 

Now the young bucks, or rather 'young ducks', hack, or rather 'quack', the same old idealize garbage. So l take it upon my little self to debunk their mythological "I want to be marred" world. lt's not just a lot of work, but is also a pain in the behind(where you usually have your wallet).

2 hours ago, Aale Mohammed said:

Other earliest members were Zuljenah, Upitshiagirl, rawshni, BKK, hajar. Anyone knows where they are all now...it's been more than 20 years. 

Zuljenah is fine, don't know where the rest are. There were also fyst, Whizbee, Zain, so_solid_shia, queen jafri, HR, and many more.

3 hours ago, Ibn Al-Ja'abi said:

One of the members I'll mention sort of gives me a good argument for moving on from the site like he had -- because of a lack of worthwhile discussions among other reasons -- and though he is right

I've been seriously considering the same option as of lately.

56 minutes ago, shadow_of_light said:

and some others whose usernames I cannot remember.

sounds like they made a deep and lasting impression on you.:hahaha:

Guest window

There was this one guy who I found very interesting. First he doubted Islam and left it, then he argued against it, then he tolerated it, then he accepted it, then he became a good Muslim, desperately striving for piety. I think he left to focus on his faith or something.

5 hours ago, shadow_of_light said:

Laayla, imali, queen yoda, afsaneh, gypsy, parto, carlzone and some others whose usernames I cannot remember.

Carlsone l liked to banter with, yet Laayla is a thinker who takes things with a seriousness --my assessment of her online personality.

17 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Oh yeah also, forgot to mention one more member.

I miss @2Timeless being on a break from Shiachat. 

Lol I'm just kidding.

I miss your break brò, I see you abandoned that idea :( jjks

@Cake- very knowledgeable, I liked how everyone used to treat him like ShiaChat's Ayatollah answering everyone's fiqhi questions. 

SilaSun, @LadyNadine @Miss Wonderful @Islandsandmirrors @Simon the Canaanite although didnt get to talk much to some of them, all seemed like very nice people. 

Edited by 2Timeless

@alimohamad40 the dude had so much testosterone, the male membership of shiachat halved when he was banned. Hope he's using it wisely.

Back in the day, my source of excitement lied mainly in the Shia Sunni dialogue forum. Then a time came when Deists appeared. Then there were Rijali wars. Some of us lead by @Ibn al-Hussain played multiplayer video games a few times. While some individuals over the time did the strangest things imaginable. It has been several years since the Salafists stopped visiting and the Shia Sunni dialogue forum pretty much died out. They are very clever. Some made their misleading Shia net something website. In exactly the same manner Satan vowed to lead people astray from the straight path, lol.

Even if someone disagreed or disliked me I appreciated their activities, learnt new things, and think that almost every one is a very worthy person. All except the enemies of Ahl al Bayt (عليه السلام) and the Divine. May we all be guided always.