Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Amal Rizvi

Was was/ negative/ weird/ sexual thoughts

Rate this topic

Salam to All, 

I joined this chat to discuss a problem I have been having recently. I feel like I can’t control my thoughts in a sense. I start to have weird/ sexual thoughts about things I see, even though they are appropriate. It could be a normal person, and thoughts and words start popping in my head. Sexual words and images pop up in my head, but I never act upon them Hamdiallah. I am married and these thoughts started happening. My thoughts aren’t extreme, I do not imagine things or play scenarios in my head. I know the devil catches you when you are alone but I believe Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is greater and he will help me fight this. I know many people suffer from the was was of the devil. 

it bothers me so much that these thoughts come across my mind. It makes me feel so guilty. It makes me feel mad/ isolated and sad and I’m not that kind of person. 

I seek allahs help, and I have been doing Qur'an and Duaa almost daily to help keep these satanic thoughts away. 

did anybody ever suffer this problem ? How did you fix it ? How did you control it ? 

I am trying my best to “ block” these thoughts and I know I can overcome it as I have before. 

God bless whoever is willing to share their own experience and share some help and support.

Allah Kareem. 

9 hours ago, Amal Rizvi said:

did anybody ever suffer this problem ? How did you fix it ? How did you control it ? 

Salam,

I have came across many threads regarding the same issue, but you came to the right place.

I know how it feels like because I went through the same thing but far worse. I had no way to control it, it made me stay up at night with these thoughts consuming me. It wasn't just sexual ones, it was thoughts against Islam. It was hell and talking about what I faced sometimes distresses me. It was really hard and ever since I became religious by the age of around 8, I already started having doubts as to how many rak3at I prayed within a salah. It would come and go by every time it came back it got worse and the more I tried to push it away the stronger it manifested me. Eventually it began to lead to some kind of self harm 

Now I realised that it was genetic from my father's side and when I finally opened up to him about it, he gave me some advice. What I am going to tell you right now, the most simplest thing ever, is DO NOT STRESS. No matter what kind of thoughts you get, even if they come to you during prayer do not repeat it. Because you know very well your intentions and that it is just the shaytan (la) trying to play tricks and making you feel guilty. His aim is to try to make you feel impure. But don’t let it get to you the way it got to me. Whenever you get these thoughts just take it easy and let it pass. The more you do this, the lesser the thoughts will come and eventually it will go. Don't let the shaytan win over you, this was the kind of mindset I used to have. And alhamdullilah it worked and Insha Allah it works for you much quicker.

Speaking of, I have been trying to write a book regarding this matter. I'm still working on it but I just posted the intro, if you're interested you can have a read.

https://www.wattpad.com/793774513-battling-ocd-an-Islamic-insight-introduction

All the best sister

fee amanillah

@Amal Rizvi Try eating less food or working out, going to some sort of sport, fasting more. Some things are biological too, for example eating too much can cause increased sexual desires.

6 hours ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

Salam,

I have came across many threads regarding the same issue, but you came to the right place.

I know how it feels like because I went through the same thing but far worse. I had no way to control it, it made me stay up at night with these thoughts consuming me. It wasn't just sexual ones, it was thoughts against Islam. It was hell and talking about what I faced sometimes distresses me. It was really hard and ever since I became religious by the age of around 8, I already started having doubts as to how many rak3at I prayed within a salah. It would come and go by every time it came back it got worse and the more I tried to push it away the stronger it manifested me. Eventually it began to lead to some kind of self harm 

Now I realised that it was genetic from my father's side and when I finally opened up to him about it, he gave me some advice. What I am going to tell you right now, the most simplest thing ever, is DO NOT STRESS. No matter what kind of thoughts you get, even if they come to you during prayer do not repeat it. Because you know very well your intentions and that it is just the shaytan (la) trying to play tricks and making you feel guilty. His aim is to try to make you feel impure. But don’t let it get to you the way it got to me. Whenever you get these thoughts just take it easy and let it pass. The more you do this, the lesser the thoughts will come and eventually it will go. Don't let the shaytan win over you, this was the kind of mindset I used to have. And alhamdullilah it worked and Insha Allah it works for you much quicker.

Speaking of, I have been trying to write a book regarding this matter. I'm still working on it but I just posted the intro, if you're interested you can have a read.

https://www.wattpad.com/793774513-battling-ocd-an-Islamic-insight-introduction

All the best sister

fee amanillah

Thank you so much for your reply back ! I know that many people suffer from this condition. I feel like Becsuse my life changed 360, a lot has affected me. I got married and moved away from my family, I felt alone for a while, had some problems in my marriage. But Hamdiallah that got better. However, during that time, my mind wouldn’t stop thinking, I was mainly sad and regretted many things when I felt alone. I feel like it’s a mental illness. I talked to my husband about it and he was supportive. These thoughts make me feel so depressed and make me feel like Everything good I do is not accepted because of these thoughts. 

Will be get punished for these thoughts?

10 minutes ago, Amal Rizvi said:

Will be get punished for these thoughts?

No. We don't get punished for thoughts as long as we don't act on them.

12 hours ago, Kaya said:

@Amal Rizvi Try eating less food or working out, going to some sort of sport, fasting more. Some things are biological too, for example eating too much can cause increased sexual desires.

SAlam, 

I do workout, and I eat alright, I am fit and healthy in a way. 

3 hours ago, Amal Rizvi said:

SAlam, 

I do workout, and I eat alright, I am fit and healthy in a way. 

Salam,

That's good. The Imams (عليه السلام) have many hadiths where they instruct us to eat little. 

When a young man who couldn't get married came to Rasool Allah (S), he told the young man to fast to control his sexual desires, until he could get married. 

However, I'm not sure how useful this would be for you as you are already married...

Guest Doc?Monad

The brain is a like a computer. It will process information and then outlay it when it feels appropriate, rather when it has finished analysing something. The problem is, the brain, the mind, the self are almost working in unison but seperate at the same time. Think of it has multi cpus processing but each deciding when to respond.

1 hour ago, I said, I saw, I thought, I expressed, I felt, I wished.

After this process has taken place, the brain will express it the way it has been conditioned to understand it.  Anger, frustration, deprivation or even positive emotions can express themselves as random thoughts and ideas. A thought or idea can eventually become a habit which then becomes an addictive habitual thought that is needed inorder to feel a particular type of normal based an emotion that we have become attached too.

A thought is a though. A though becomes, when one acts upon it. No one is exempt from particular type of thoughts. If the brain is not exercised correctly it will degrade.

if one wants to understand their thoughts they must understand their emotions.

I know, I have great quotes. 100 Years ago I would have been famous for them.

Salam @Amal Rizvi,

Information that comes to your thought may originate from:

1.  Syaitans.  This is relative easy to block or filter.  Relies on the help of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).  E.g. read Aauuzibillahi minas syaitani rajeem. Read short surahs.  Make intention to get close to Allah set in all our actions.  Reading salawat is also a way of getting closer to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).  Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is constantly making blessings to Prophet and His Family, and you are in unison with Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to send blessings to them.  Syaitans cannot send salawats, something weird will happen to them and they becoming very very weak and can turn into coma.

2. You own self.  When you directed you eyes, ears and other faculties to the worldly events.  Sometimes it comes from your memory.  And you are not able to filter these information from coming into your thought process. The controller for the thought process is the Souls.  We need to instruction the Souls until they obey.  We do that all the times.  When we want to wake up at 530 am, we tell our ourselves to wake at 530 am before we sleep. We plan for daily activites, watching tv, study..so on.  We instruct, the self follow.  Imam Ali (عليه السلام) said  "the best action is you force your self to do it"...meaning we have the power to control and instruct the souls to follow good action or not to think on something bad but to think on something good.  Keep the self busy with good actions.

3. The heart:  the heart is like antenna that can receive so much information.  If out heart is filled with jealousy or hate, it is like a blackhole.  It sucks all kind of syaitans and jins to the self.  Fill the heart with the love of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام).  Reading of ziarat Ashura, will make our heart tune to Imam Hussain and the Nuur of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) that are with Hussain (عليه السلام).  If that Nuur fills your heart..it will ckean the heart and souls.  If you make that Nuur of Sllah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) stay foot in your heart...many good things will happen to you.

There is a hadith "Whosoever hold to Qur'an and Ahlukbayt, they will never go astray".

Holding to Qur'an and holding to Ahlul Bayt will bring Nuur of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to the heart, souls and block syaitans.

Wallahualam.