Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Repentant Servant,

Your post reminded me of a book I read several years ago that gave me a glimpse into how God is speaking to Muslims in the world today and the special way He is revealing Himself to many. I thought you might find it fascinating and understand it better than I could. It is:

Dreams and Visions: Is Jesus Awakening the Muslim World? by Tom Doyle, publisher Thomas Nelson

Many blessings, beloved by God!

15 hours ago, starlight said:

Al-Islam.org has a good collection of books on Irfan and spirituality. I would suggest you go through them.

Dr...Farrokh Sekaleshfar's lectures are very good too.

There is no quick fix, one remedy for all type of an answer to the question you asked. You will have to find the answer yourself -your own way of knowing and getting close to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)

A few general things I can suggest are:Start praying Salat ul layl -be in wudhu all day and night.

Jazakumallah. In addition to these words I would humbly like to add that I think it's important not to 'seek this high', I.e try and look for a way to get a certain feeling. We should try inshaAllah to worship Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) selflessly and out of the love of Him and His worship.

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) guide us all on this endeavour. 

Wallahu a'lam 

lrfan ?

l know no gnosis.

l do not need it either.

Al-Khalaq -(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). saw to this for me and you.

Ayats 80:24-32

Ayats 55:10-13

Whatever happened to Qur'an comes first?

We have five senses and a nafs.

Taste or Smell something Allah-(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). provides.

Or feel the breeze.

Or hear a goat or bird.

Or just look around.

Then think about it.

The 'sweetness of faith' that the OP describes has in fact been described by the Prophet saw and Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام). They have encouraged and taught their followers how to reach It.

حلاوة الإيمان 

Literally translates to 'the sweetness of Iman'

رسول الله (صلى الله عليه وآله): من كان أكثر همه نيل الشهوات نزع من قلبه حلاوة الإيمان

تنبيه الخواطر ٢/١١٦

It's narrated that the Prophet saw said:

'One who's more concerned with fulfilling his desires will have the sweetness of Iman removed from his heart'

Tanbeeh Al Khawatir 2/116

الإمام الصادق (عليه السلام): حرام على قلوبكم أن تعرف حلاوة الإيمان حتى تزهد في الدنيا

الكافي ٢/١٢٨/٢

It's narrated that Imam Al Sadiq (عليه السلام) said:

'The sweetness of Iman is forbidden on your hearts until they abstain in this world-Dunya-'

Al Kafi 2/128/2

الزهد being abstinence from self indulgence.

Striving to reach that sweetness of faith with self discipline is encouraged by them (عليه السلام) 

Edited by Moalfas

20 hours ago, RepentantServant said:

Do you guys ever get spiritual highs? I mean like a euphoric, out of this world, heavenly, kind of hard to describe state of feeling. A feeling of such calm, serenity, & blissfulness. I've only ever had a small taste of this spiritual high a handful of times in my life, & I've been feeling like this recently. I swear this high has like a sweetness to it. It can be described as a sweetness of faith. You get this very strong God consciousness & remembrance of Him that feels just so beautiful. Its been making me try my best to stay away from the smallest of sins & any kind of sin because I don't want this feeling to go away. 

It feels like God is just giving me a tiny glimpse of what it could feel like when you're close to Him & it makes me want to chase that nearness & feeling more & more because it feels so good & it gives you so much hope. Its a feeling & state that's hard to describe but I think most of you know what I mean. This state of being is just so amazing to me & I just want to chase this feeling, spiritual high, & nearness to God as much as I can. 

I've only ever really felt like this a few times over the past  few years. And each time that I felt like this, this feeling went away rather quickly because of my actions & so on.

So this time around, I want to keep this feeling as much as I can, & see if anyone would like to help me in coming to know of any spiritual remedies & advice that would help me in achieving & keeping these spiritual highs for as long as I can. 

Thank you guys.

Certain drugs can give you a high that many have experienced it have described it as the equivalent of a “spiritual high”.  

Anything that you have to chase or go after is something dunyawi (worldly).  Especially if it comes and goes, it is most definitely something that is a vain pursuit.  

1 hour ago, eThErEaL said:

Anything that you have to chase or go after is something dunyawi (worldly).  Especially if it comes and goes, it is most definitely something that is a vain pursuit.  

This sweeping statement is flawed to say the least, as it suggests that striving to strengthen ones faith and Deen is 'something worldly and a vain pursuit' 

The Prophet saw and Imam Al Sadiq (عليه السلام) taught their followers a Dua:

'يا مقلب القلوب ثبّت قلبي على دينك'

'O changer of hearts, keep my heart firm on your Deen -faith-' 

Al Ghaiba -Alnu'mani 161

Mujam Ahadeeth Al Imam Al Mehdi - Al Sheikh Al Korani 3/399

Levels of faith decrease and increase, and seeking to increase them is not a 'vain pursuit'.

Edited by Moalfas

On 11/21/2019 at 2:39 AM, RepentantServant said:

Do you guys ever get spiritual highs? I mean like a euphoric, out of this world, heavenly, kind of hard to describe state of feeling. A feeling of such calm, serenity, & blissfulness. I've only ever had a small taste of this spiritual high a handful of times in my life, & I've been feeling like this recently. I swear this high has like a sweetness to it. It can be described as a sweetness of faith. You get this very strong God consciousness & remembrance of Him that feels just so beautiful. Its been making me try my best to stay away from the smallest of sins & any kind of sin because I don't want this feeling to go away. 

It feels like God is just giving me a tiny glimpse of what it could feel like when you're close to Him & it makes me want to chase that nearness & feeling more & more because it feels so good & it gives you so much hope. Its a feeling & state that's hard to describe but I think most of you know what I mean. This state of being is just so amazing to me & I just want to chase this feeling, spiritual high, & nearness to God as much as I can. 

I've only ever really felt like this a few times over the past  few years. And each time that I felt like this, this feeling went away rather quickly because of my actions & so on.

So this time around, I want to keep this feeling as much as I can, & see if anyone would like to help me in coming to know of any spiritual remedies & advice that would help me in achieving & keeping these spiritual highs for as long as I can. 

Thank you guys.

Salam,

When we make salat on a very beautiful carpet, don't get stuck on the beauty part of the carpet and forget to whom we are pray to.

Stick to remembrance of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and worshipping Him (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) sincerely.  How Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) drive you souls toward Him, let it be His Wills...say thanks and more remembrance of Him (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).  Be a witness to the events.

Today, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) bring your souls to taste the sweetness, tomorrow on sourness ( make you feel apart), BUT you insist to stick on remembering HIM, no matter what the situation because Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) deserved our worship and remembrance.   

8 hours ago, Moalfas said:

This sweeping statement is flawed to say the least, as it suggests that striving to strengthen ones faith and Deen is 'something worldly and a vain pursuit' 

The Prophet saw and Imam Al Sadiq (عليه السلام) taught their followers a Dua:

'يا مقلب القلوب ثبّت قلبي على دينك'

'O changer of hearts, keep my heart firm on your Deen -faith-' 

Al Ghaiba -Alnu'mani 161

Mujam Ahadeeth Al Imam Al Mehdi - Al Sheikh Al Korani 3/399

Levels of faith decrease and increase, and seeking to increase them is not a 'vain pursuit'.

seeking to increase faith is a sign of low faith.  You don’t “get” a pure heart you already have it.  You have to keep it that way.  

8 hours ago, Moalfas said:

18 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

seeking to increase faith is a sign of low faith.  You don’t “get” a pure heart you already have it.  You have to keep it that way.  

:bismillah:

رَبَّنَا لَا تُزِغْ قُلُوبَنَا بَعْدَ إِذْ هَدَيْتَنَا وَهَبْ لَنَا مِن لَّدُنكَ رَحْمَةً ۚ إِنَّكَ أَنتَ الْوَهَّابُ 

Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower.

Aal Imran/8

Guidance and faith is bestowed and removed by Allah sub. from the heart as expressly confirmed by the Qur'an. 

Thank you guys all for your responses. I really appreciate you all. @Moalfas @starlight @eThErEaL @hasanhh @layman  @Mahdavist

@MartyS Thank you for your input. But I'm assuming you haven't heard of Imam Hussain & his sacrifice. Many blessings brother. 

On 11/22/2019 at 1:23 PM, Moalfas said:

:bismillah:

رَبَّنَا لَا تُزِغْ قُلُوبَنَا بَعْدَ إِذْ هَدَيْتَنَا وَهَبْ لَنَا مِن لَّدُنكَ رَحْمَةً ۚ إِنَّكَ أَنتَ الْوَهَّابُ 

Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower.

Aal Imran/8

Guidance and faith is bestowed and removed by Allah sub. from the heart as expressly confirmed by the Qur'an. 

Faith (Iman) is found in its source, in God Alone who is Al-Mu'min (The Source of Faith and Security).  This is because He alone is the Ever Living (Al-Hayy) and the Eternal (Al-Qayyum).

Your faith, if anything, is rooted in This Reality, and  as such cannot come and go.  You don't seek it and it never becomes lost.  This is real faith.  It is not "a good feeling" or a "bad feeling" it is simply the Eternal Reality that is Ever Present and which is closer to us than our Jugular Vein (faith is in realizing this ever present and all-pervasive Reality that is Allah) in good times and in bad times. 

Wal hamdulillahi ala Kulli Hal  

Ethereal

Guest Anon

@RepentantServant 

Hi @RepentantServant,

Sorry for all the ignorant comments on the post, those people obviously haven't experienced what you have, its absolutely our goal in life to worship and get closer to God, there are many levels and stages, ways to tackle each one to maintain your state and eventually reach complete detachment and nearness to God. Tabatabai's Book light within me outlines all stages, how the Qur'an mentions the levels and how we all have the potential to reach the highest levels:

https://www.al-Islam.org/light-within-me-mutahhari-tabatabai-Khomeini/part-2-2-twelve-worlds-allamah-tabatabai

Wasalm,

Anon

Edited by Hameedeh
Tagging the OP