Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi

ShiaChat being blocked in Pakistan

Rate this topic

As salam o alikaum.

I have been facing issue quite often now. When I load shiachat, it appears to be blocked just like some other sites on internet.
I am from Lahore Pakistan, one of my deobandi friend also faced issue and he had to use vpn to connect (He is from Karachi).
Anyone else from Earth who is facing this issue?

6 hours ago, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

Anyone else from Earth who is facing this issue?

Use VPN. A lot of us do that.

14 hours ago, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

using VPN isn't good for youtubers :(
but why is this site being blcoked?
Are they so scared of Shias? 

1. They are probably scared of the slaves of Imam Al Mahdi (عليه السلام)

2. As per their thought ShiaChat may be under watch directly by Imam Al Mahdi (عليه السلام)

:grin:

Edited by Muslim2010

ShiaChat was blocked in Iran as well last time I checked, though it does not surprise me as some of the things said here are very disrespectful towards the marjaee, especially towards ayatollah Khamenei and Khomeini(رضي الله عنه).

16 hours ago, Soldiers and Saffron said:

ShiaChat was blocked in Iran as well last time I checked, though it does not surprise me as some of the things said here are very disrespectful towards the marjaee, especially towards ayatollah Khamenei and Khomeini(رضي الله عنه).

Alhamdulilah, 

Hmm, that’s interesting to me that this site would be blocked in Iran. Could this be considered a thin line between protective measures and slightly oppressive measures? This is a site where people come to question, learn, and express their thoughts mostly about faith and religion. Is the Iranian Marjaee that vulnerable to open dialect or criticism about themselves that they would cut freedom of speech in various forms. 

I understand what the Iranians have had to overcome but I don’t recall Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) or Imam Ali (عليه السلام). Or any of the infallible Imams taking away platforms for people to question and learn. Our Prophet and Imams won over many people by holding open dialogue and absorbing the ignorant things that were said about them. I recall reading About Amir Al mumineen (عليه السلام). Stopping in the middle of a battle to answer a Question that was asked about Allah by a soldier from the opposition.  The Imam (عليه السلام). stopped and answered the question about Allah in the middle of battle because he said it was for this same reason why they were on the battle field fighting in the first place. 

I guess the Main point is that trying to silence the people who don’t share favorable opinion is the same thing most power dictators or oppressive governments would do to its people. So would this be a way of holding power or protecting the country from outside influence or fitnah. 

Edited by AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola

38 minutes ago, AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola said:

Could this be considered a thin line between protective measures and slightly oppressive measures? 

Spot on.

On 11/20/2019 at 10:05 AM, Soldiers and Saffron said:

But why in Pakistan where people openly dis respect them? lolzzzz

20 hours ago, Soldiers and Saffron said:

What are you talking about? With all those rules ShiaChat is not even disrespectful towards Abu Bakr and Omar. 

On 11/21/2019 at 1:05 AM, Soldiers and Saffron said:

No. It's not.

image.png.3b1599fcac5aba569afc3a8a3294d9a8.png

@AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola
@Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi

@Sirius_Bright

Perhaps it's a subjective matter whether someone finds a statement regarding a person disrespectful which in turn is related to how the reader sees the person in question to begin with.

I personally, as well as many people in Iran, consider both ayatollah Khomeini(رضي الله عنه) and ayatollah Khamenei to be among the forerunners of humanity (other than the infallibles) as well as other scholars and marjaee who have dedicated their entire lives to Islam and serving its followers. So I also consider it disrespectful when I read comments indirectly calling them munafiqs by throwing out wild accusations/claims regarding their "true" agendas.

Similarly to how kafirs discuss Rasulullah(S) as compared to how Muslims discuss Rasulullah(S), what we consider disrespectful with regards to discussions regarding him will most likely be different because we think differently about Rasulullah(S) even though both parties are discussing the same human.

And no, before any brilliant mind jumps the gun, Im not saying that they equal Rasulullah(S).

6 hours ago, 000 said:

No. It's not.

I was in Iran either earlier in spring this year or summer/spring last year and I could not access the website without using a VPN, I don’t know if it has to do with the fact that my phone is not purchased in Iran or not.

If it is blocked in Iran, you don't know the reason it is blocked, and until you do know the reason, all else is speculation. Why discuss whether it is oppression or fear of criticism or disrespect without even knowing the reason? Could be something completely unrelated to what you think. 

32 minutes ago, Soldiers and Saffron said:

I was in Iran either earlier in spring this year or summer/spring last year and I could not access the website without using a VPN, I don’t know if it has to do with the fact that my phone is not purchased in Iran or not.

I had the same issue on both laptop and phone, purchased in and outside Iran, but this was 6-7 years ago when I was living there

18 hours ago, Soldiers and Saffron said:

Sometimes it's the other way around, the opposite side network is blocking -probably partially- connections that are originated from Iran. I have some servers aboard that can't be accessed normally from Iran.

On 11/20/2019 at 10:05 AM, Soldiers and Saffron said:

How so

19 hours ago, Soldiers and Saffron said:

Perhaps it's a subjective matter whether someone finds a statement regarding a person disrespectful which in turn is related to how the reader sees the person in question to begin with.

You're right it's subjective. Some people confuse disagreement to disrespect. Only a Ma'soom cannot be disagreed with. 

Salam,

You may use PTCL's internet service, its working perfectly fine for me. Or if you're using cellular service, use Ufone, it is the only company which allows access to Shiachat. 

Wassalam 

Edited by Logic1234

2 hours ago, thuglife said:

How so

Salam it's depends on your ISP in Iran because the shiachat trace route verifies it as a Pakistani site that because of anti Shia & anti Iranian content of most of Pakistani sites the Iranian  ISP s are blocking  all sites that are verifying as Pakistani site but I have direct access from my workplace but in our house with different ISP I must use VPN to have access to shiachat also  activity of some user against Iran in favor a particular cult is affective .