Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Guest Light

Salam,

From munajat e Amirul Mo'mineen (عليه السلام):

مولای یا مولای

انت المولا و انا العبد

و ھل یرحم العبد الا المولا

Master O my Master

You are The Master and I am the servant

Who can be merciful to servant except The Master

7 hours ago, Ali27901 said:

I heard from someone that Imam Ali as said I am abd and mabood 

What does this mean?? 

Can we consider him as Ma'bood while it  is Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) who has made obligatory his obedience by making him our Mowla. In that sense, his obedience is (tantamount to) obedience of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). But we obey him because of the divine command, so it is not appropriate to call or even think that he is a ma'bood. He is nothing but a Mukhlas Abd of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), this alone is a great station. 

" ILAHI kafa bi izzan an akuna laka abda; wa kafa bi fakhran an takuna li rabba; anta kama ohib; faj alni kama tuhib." (Imam Ali (عليه السلام))

(O my lord! it is enough for my honour that I am your servant; And it is enough for my pride that You are my lord; You are same as what I wanted You to be... make me as You want me to be)

It's been narrated that Imam Ali and Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) have said, and I will paraphrase: 

Know that we are servants of Allah sub, and speak of our virtues and status all you want as you won't reach. 

They have drawn a very clear line and made clear that even though they have the highest status after the Prophet saw, they are but servants of Allah sub. 

On 11/17/2019 at 6:22 PM, Ali27901 said:

I heard from someone that Imam Ali as said I am abd and mabood 

What does this mean?? 

Imam Ali (عليه السلام) is speaking on behalf of all things in creation (this is the impersonal I that is speaking).  He is saying that he is the worshipper and the worshipped because of his non-dual understanding of the Self/Reality.  There is no worshipper and worshipped because there is no duality in reality (or you can say, they are the same reality).  

Edited by eThErEaL