Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
starlight

Pick-me-ups

Rate this topic

Salam everyone, 

What are your pick-me-ups when you are feeling down and sad? Or when you've had a rough day? 

Walaikum as salam.

This might be a cliche answer on an Islamic forum but inevitably I would have to say the Holy Qur'an. 

The entire Qur'an is undoubtedly amazing, I particularly enjoy reciting the chapters named after religious personalities. Surah Yousuf, with the famous story of Prophet yousuf (عليه السلام) from start to finish. Surah Maryam, where there are incidents from the lives of different ambiya. I especially like to read the section where Lady Maryam (عليه السلام) is questioned about the baby in her arms but she remains silent and points to Prophet isa (عليه السلام) who then introduces himself in simple but eloquent terms. Surah Ibrahim mentions some of the incidents from his life (عليه السلام) and also contains some beautiful supplications including the one that we recite for our parents. Surah Luqman contains the fatherly advice from Luqman (عليه السلام) to his son which we can all benefit from.

Sometimes I like to recite the Arabic with the translation and at other times just one or the other. 

Of course this is one example and there are other ways which people will share inshaAllah. 

Remember that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is closer to us than our jugular vein (al hablul wareed). It doesn't matter where we are or what is happening, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is always with us and will never abandon His creation.

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) protect us all and bring us closer to Him.

Wallahu a'lam 

:bismillah:

أَلاَ بِذِكْرِ اللّهِ تَطْمَئِنُّ الْقُلُوبُ

Salam, 

The blessed verses of Sura Mubarka-e-Talaq are my pick me ups. The promises made therein put complete peace in my heart & energize me. Let me present those profound verses:

وَمَن يَتَّقِ اللَّهَ يَجْعَل لَّهُ مَخْرَجًا وَيَرْزُقْهُ مِنْ حَيْثُ لَا يَحْتَسِبُ
وَمَنْ يَتَّقِ اللَّهَ يَجْعَلْ لَهُ مِنْ أَمْرِهِ يُسْرًا
وَمَنْ يَتَّقِ اللَّهَ يُكَفِّرْ عَنْهُ سَيِّئَاتِهِ وَيُعْظِمْ لَهُ أَجْرًا

Translation:

And whoever is careful of (his duty to) Allah, He will make for him an outlet, And give him sustenance from whence he thinks not
And whoever is careful of (his duty to) Allah He will make easy for him his affair.
And whoever is careful of (his duty to) Allah, He will remove from him his evil and give him a big reward.

What else do we want! Isn't it a complete solution to our every problem?