Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
thuglife

Mind Altering Mushrooms Halal?

Rate this topic

So this guy says a family took the mushrooms together and all decided they should never yell at each other ever again afterwards.

As someone who grew up in a dysfunctional household, I may have benefited from such a thing.

1 hour ago, thuglife said:

So this guy says a family took the mushrooms together and all decided they should never yell at each other ever again afterwards.

If it was a state of intoxication that led to this (beneficial outcome), it would still be haram, surely.

Me and my Hindu cardiologist have this in-joke where he recommends the drinking of red wine.

9 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

If it was a state of intoxication that led to this (beneficial outcome), it would still be haram, surely.

Me and my Hindu cardiologist have this in-joke where he recommends the drinking of red wine.

Not quite. 

When someone has ACL reconstruction in the knee, the pain requires strong “intoxicating” drugs. By your logic, no one should ever have surgery because the altering drugs needed afterwards are not allowed. 

That family taking those mushrooms appears to be a one time thing that was a cure for the diseases of the heart.

You can dig up a podcast I heard a long time ago from radio lab or this American life. I don’t recall the details too well, but it was something along the lines of a bunch of people took LSD or whatever, and afterward they say the universe as one, like a commonality of all things and became religious afterwards. I think they said all became religious. One person said quitting smoking became very easy and was like flicking a fly off his arm and that was the end of that. 

If it’s a one time thing to correct the ingrained brain patterns of thoughts, and afterwards it results in much, much less sinning in all other aspects, how is this not encouraged? 

18 minutes ago, thuglife said:

When someone has ACL reconstruction in the knee, the pain requires strong “intoxicating” drugs. By your logic, no one should ever have surgery because the altering drugs needed afterwards are not allowed.

So members of this family were having their knees reconstructed all at the same time simultaneously?

6 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

So members of this family were having their knees reconstructed all at the same time simultaneously?

You should continue reading where you selectively stopped the quote. 

That family had diseases of the heart and had “heart surgery” simultaneously.