Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Questions about Islam by a Hindu friend. Please help

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

There was a post that caught my eye, and as I went on to read posts, another one talked continuously about how horrendously the Qur'an wants Muslims to treat non Muslims, especially Hindus (polythiests) so I replied with the same chapter of the Qur'an to clear any misconceptions for others reading. Then the Hindu (priest from the information) went on to ask about further detail about the attrocities of Islam on its followers (since I also expanded my answer to showing how merciful Allah is) 

https://www.quora.com/Can-I-read-the-Holy-Qur'an-as-a-Hindu-without-any-intentions-of-converting/answer/Rami-Sivan?ch=10&share=d8fd28af&srid=j4EH0j4EH0

Well, he's not exactly a friend, but imagine he is. He's been answering very calmly and friendly, and I would like to answer the same way, so please don't show any hostility in the replies below.

The only reply below this post is of mine, so the one he has replied to in return is me as well.  

I haven't yet revealed to him that I am a Shia, and so triple talaq is out of the question, however for the rest I don't feel that as a teenager I am well reversed enough to reply.

Can someone please educate me more, with references to The Qur'an and Sunnah (maybe Nahjul Balagha as well) so that I can answer these questions truthfully and clear the misconceptions.  Thank you! 

Edited by Zellali
  • Development Team

Qur'an was revealed over the period of 23 years, verse by verse. Every verse of the Qur'an was revealed according to the situation and context.

If killing all the unbelievers was the message of the Holy Qur'an then Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) would not have freed prisoners after the battle of badr for mere ransom. Those who were poor were set free without money and few others (who were educated) were freed after they teach ten boys how to read and write. 

When Islam was all powerful in 8 A.H, Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) didn't waged war on unbelievers but signed a peace treaty. That goes onto show how Islam cared for lives and safety of others. 

• Development Team
11 minutes ago, Zellali said:

@Sirius_Bright can you please open the link and also answer about other things he has written?

This people pickup random verses and interpret what is apparent. I would rather advise to ignore this kind of people. They are in abundance on internet. Read below verse and let it go. 

Surah Al-Mumtahina, Verse 8:
لَّا يَنْهَاكُمُ اللَّهُ عَنِ الَّذِينَ لَمْ يُقَاتِلُوكُمْ فِي الدِّينِ وَلَمْ يُخْرِجُوكُم مِّن دِيَارِكُمْ أَن تَبَرُّوهُمْ وَتُقْسِطُوا إِلَيْهِمْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يُحِبُّ الْمُقْسِطِينَ

Allah does not forbid you respecting those who have not made war against you on account of (your) religion, and have not driven you forth from your homes, that you show them kindness and deal with them justly; surely Allah loves the doers of justice.
(English - Shakir) 

• Advanced Member

Don't waste your time with this nutcase. This guy probably went to a site like answering-Islam to fetch the most controversial verses in the Qur'an he could find without researching and looking into them. 

You can clearly tell that by the FIRST verse he quotes.

Verse 2:191 ~ OK ~ now read verse 2:192 and 193 if you are genuine and honest. But of course you aren't. The verses right after it literally say, If they cease, God forgives and you are to cease unless they are oppressors (in fighting them). 

If this man cannot read the verse that comes after that verse, then by Allah, he will never understand the context of the Qur'an even if he continues to live for a thousand years. It's a shame how many people have seen his answers on this website, when he's clearly a fool, especially to claim that the Qur'an specifically denounces Hindus. 

I am sorry, but I have a low-tolerance towards idiots and liars. Do mind my temper. 

Edited by A_A