Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest hellofellowhumans

Got back from arbaeen and I just feel so sad being back home

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Guest hellofellowhumans

so I went recently went on arbeen to Iraq (Najaf, Karbala, samara, karzyman), and ever since I've been back, I just can’t stop thinking about being there and I just feel so sad that I'm back at home. Like no matter what I do to distract myself I just keep remembering Karbala and I just miss it so much and my heart literally hurts and I feel so sad because I just want to go back there. I just feel so empty

For those who've been to Karbala, did you feel like this when returning back home and how did you get over this overwhelming sadness. Please help, I really need to focus and start revising for my exams but this emptiness in my heart literally is making me so demotivated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guest hellofellowhumans said:

For those who've been to Karbala, did you feel like this when returning back home

It always takes time to readjust back to the dunya! Don't push yourself too much. I had to drag myself to work for a couple of weeks after coming back from there. I didn't feel like going to work and when I did I used to sit there mindlessly trying to focus. I wore the same few pair of clothes over and over the next couple of months lolz because clothes and other worldly stuff seemed so petty. I lost all interest in this temporal world and gladly for me most of it never returned.

Give yourself time. Enjoy this period when your soul is still in Karbala. I would visit the holy places in my dreams almost every night and this cotinued for some months and until my soul again got contaminated with dunya.

Relax,you will come out of this.Praying for your exams.Inshallah you will do very well.

Edited by starlight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guest hellofellowhumans said:

so I went recently went on arbeen to Iraq (Najaf, Karbala, samara, karzyman), and ever since I've been back, I just can’t stop thinking about being there and I just feel so sad that I'm back at home. Like no matter what I do to distract myself I just keep remembering Karbala and I just miss it so much and my heart literally hurts and I feel so sad because I just want to go back there. I just feel so empty

For those who've been to Karbala, did you feel like this when returning back home and how did you get over this overwhelming sadness. Please help, I really need to focus and start revising for my exams but this emptiness in my heart literally is making me so demotivated.

TaqabbalAllah ziyaratkum,

You have had the tawfiq of going on ziyarah, alhamdulillah. One of the purposes of ziyarah is to spiritually reconnect with the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) - though of course, the sincerity of ones feeling and being in the proximity of the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) in every moment of their life can allow them to constantly be in a state of ziyarah with the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) even if they do not get the tawfiq of physically going there.

The question now is, in renewing your covenant with them, and drinking at the fountain of their illuminating radiance, what has it done for your daily life? Has it locked you into a cocoon of what ifs, or has it transformed you into their emissary and ambassador and true Shia and muhibb wherever you are? Knowing why you went for ziyarah, and contemplating about it will motivate you to live your life as the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) would want of you. What is your current duty to our Imam (atf)? Is passing your exams part of your current duties? Would the aimmah (عليه السلام) be happy at us neglecting our current duties because of the pain of physical separation from the places of their commemoration?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest hellofellowhumans
8 hours ago, starlight said:

It always takes time to readjust back to the dunya! Don't push yourself too much. I had to drag myself to work for a couple of weeks after coming back from there. I didn't feel like going to work and when I did I used to sit there mindlessly trying to focus. I wore the same few pair of clothes over and over the next couple of months lolz because clothes and other worldly stuff seemed so petty. I lost all interest in this temporal world and gladly for me most of it never returned.

Give yourself time. Enjoy this period when your soul is still in Karbala. I would visit the holy places in my dreams almost every night and this cotinued for some months and until my soul again got contaminated with dunya.

Relax,you will come out of this.Praying for your exams.Inshallah you will do very well.

thank you so much :)

its going to take time but your right, everything will eventually balance out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest hellofellowhumans
8 hours ago, habib e najjaar said:

TaqabbalAllah ziyaratkum,

You have had the tawfiq of going on ziyarah, alhamdulillah. One of the purposes of ziyarah is to spiritually reconnect with the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) - though of course, the sincerity of ones feeling and being in the proximity of the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) in every moment of their life can allow them to constantly be in a state of ziyarah with the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) even if they do not get the tawfiq of physically going there.

The question now is, in renewing your covenant with them, and drinking at the fountain of their illuminating radiance, what has it done for your daily life? Has it locked you into a cocoon of what ifs, or has it transformed you into their emissary and ambassador and true Shia and muhibb wherever you are? Knowing why you went for ziyarah, and contemplating about it will motivate you to live your life as the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) would want of you. What is your current duty to our Imam (atf)? Is passing your exams part of your current duties? Would the aimmah (عليه السلام) be happy at us neglecting our current duties because of the pain of physical separation from the places of their commemoration?

thank you ! your right, im going to try and focus more on being happy I got to go there and experience it all rather than be sad its over. And im going to use the fact I actaully got to go as motivation to do all the things I need to do now.

And inshallah we all get to go Karbala (again)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Guest hellofellowhumans said:

thank you ! your right, im going to try and focus more on being happy I got to go there and experience it all rather than be sad its over. And im going to use the fact I actaully got to go as motivation to do all the things I need to do now.

That's the spirit! 

5 hours ago, Guest hellofellowhumans said:

And inshallah we all get to go Karbala (again)

InShaAllah we all get to go to Karbala at least once in our lifetime!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...