Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
MehrBanoo

Vegetarian & Vegan

@Moalfas there is evidence that plants have feelings. They avoid harm, even warn neighbors of attack by herbivores. They share nutrients through the fungus in the ground, which might lead one to conclude that they have empathy. They have social structure in their networks, led by "mother trees". 

If feelings are the basis for not eating organisms, we will starve. 

@notme

Nowhere did I suggest not eating them because they have feelings. 

For me personally, because they've had a horrible life within the poultry industry cycle, I feel the energy from their meat is affected. Which is why I'd rather avoid it unless I have to. 

There's no moral superiority nor religious claim here. It's a personal choice.

56 minutes ago, Moalfas said:

Did you look up who the author is? As l added above, she is Lori Marino of an "Animal Advocacy" nutgroup in Utah.

OF COURSE she'd believe animals are gooder than baby gee-Zeus.

And you used an unchecked gov't source. Don't youz know dat gov'ts are the biggest depositories of nonsense anywhere? You always be incline to check on whatever it is.

@hasanhh

re chickens' feelings,

Let's agree to disagree :) 

1 hour ago, notme said:

there is evidence that plants have feelings.

This reminds me of a science program l saw years ago. When a dragonfly ate a tadpole, the tadpole released a chemical that morphed the other tadpoles in the pond. l forget what. l alway wondered if the same or similar occurs in plants.

Does ShiaChat have a hormoligosist? They could add to this.

1 hour ago, Moalfas said:

For me personally, because they've had a horrible life within the poultry industry cycle,

I also have ethical concerns about the meat industries. If you're eating halal, these aren't mass produced in the United States; it is less of a concern. You could talk with your halal butcher about his supply and encourage him to buy from local small farms, or you could find a farm to obtain your supply directly, or you could take up hunting or farming yourself if you are so inclined. 

I miss venison and wild birds. I have only once been able to get these halal. I wish there were more Muslim hunters in the US. (I am disinclined to hunt for myself, because I'm too squeamish and don't like the noise of gunfire. If it were a choice between hunting or vegetarianism, I'd choose vegetarianism.)

3 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Truthfully, l don't believe that.

Do you have sensitive hearing?

I don't know; I just don't like it. I enjoyed archery until I pinged myself with the bowstring and then couldn't hit the target anymore. I gave my compound bow to my little brother. I never owned a gun, though lots of my family members do. I've been around firearms and hunting most of my life. 

2 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

The study of insect chemicals, hormones and such.

Thanks. I assumed from context, and then looked it up for confirmation. 

1 minute ago, notme said:

I don't know; I just don't like it.

l knew several men that got the same way.

Personally, l not only ran small arms ranges to include 50s, but worked with mortar, around arty and all. But there is nothing like maingun-tank. l would even stand or ride on the rear decks to enjoy it. You can feel that in the chest cavity. Like it's said, there is no other pump like it.

Vegan movement is something which is becoming dangerous.

At the beginning I didnt really care about them but now there are more and more demonstrations calling for abolition of butchery and consumption of meat. It is becoming also more common now to see anti-specist activists bullying butchers and farmers.

Now you even have some political groups calling for the abolition of meat consumption.

These groups in the long term would also try to attack abrahamic religion (Islam included) which consider licit the consumption of meat.

In short I find the developement of such groups not a good thing at all to be honnest.

Edited by Mohammadi_follower

3 hours ago, Moalfas said:

Rather, the complex thought processes and the manifestations that these beings have. They're a lot more intelligent than we think.

Exhibit A.

I can testify that he enjoys books.

rps20191113_221012_883.thumb.jpg.54fb34d717c25ed88d4cbbeb9951211c.jpg

@Moalfas So you do not eat meat AT ALL?

No shawarma? Biryani? Kebab? And OMG no Keema????:shock:

Edited by starlight

Just now, starlight said:

I think the Hindus make Biryani without meat in India. I once knew a Tamil who did that. Don't worry about Shawarma and Kebab. They make exelent meat substitution Shawarma and Kebab from soy protein. You can't taste the difference. Same thing with minced meat. I actually once bought a vegan burger that tasted like bacon. That was a little to much for me though. It probably was halal but the feeling when the taste is so similar that you become unsure is a little disturbing.

1 hour ago, starlight said:

Exhibit A.

rps20191113_221012_883.thumb.jpg.54fb34d717c25ed88d4cbbeb9951211c.jpg

Cuteness overload!!

1 hour ago, starlight said:

@Moalfas So you do not eat meat AT ALL?

I actually eat all the above with keema being a favourite. I just don't feel the need to consume meat regularly and I find that I enjoy vegetarian dishes with a clearer conscience. 

18 minutes ago, Revert1963 said:

They make exelent meat substitution Shawarma and Kebab from soy protein. You can't taste the difference. Same thing with minced meat.

There's a brand in the U.K. called Quorn who produce a wide selection of what you describe: 

IMG_7427.PNG

9 hours ago, starlight said:

Exhibit A.

l don't think so.

That chick is waitng for one of those Letter Bugs to move so it can eat it.

Movement not only attracts hunters, but is a camoflaged food identifier.

14 hours ago, starlight said:

hmm , Exactly motomn biryani :grin:  hope I write it's name correctly :verryhappy:

My mother sometimes talk about hindi-pak foods

Edited by MehrBanoo

13 hours ago, Revert1963 said:

Shawarma and Kebab from soy protein. You can't taste the difference. Same thing with minced meat.

Salam using Soy as main diet instead of meat causes losing  of memory that will lead to increasing risk of Alzheimer also it's forbidden for women that have cancer breast & pregnant women

What are the disadvantages of soy and why does soy protein affect people negatively?

Soy protein contains a variety of toxins, including phytic acid , phytoestrogen , hemagglutinin , and trypsin inhibitors that are the root cause of the risks of soybean use. However, these side effects are merely potential adverse effects of soybean use and can be avoided by limiting soy consumption.

Affects women's fertility
A study in Brazil in 1 found that soy affects the reproductive system of women. Therefore, if you are having trouble getting pregnant , it is important to check your soy intake.

Advantages of soybeans. Causes heavy menstruation
In addition, another study suggests that those who use genetically modified soy protein may also have an abnormally long menstrual cycle, which is much heavier in bleeding . This condition is medically called menorrhagia .

Causes endocrine disruption
Soybeans are packed with certain "bioactive compounds" such as genistein , glycitin , diodesin , etc. These compounds are commonly called " isoflavones ". These herbal chemicals are classified as " estrogen abnormalities ".

Genetically modified soy protein contains glyphsate . This element inhibits proper functioning of the female endocrine system.

Advantages of soybeans. It reduces sexual power

Increases the risk of bladder cancer

Advantages of soybeans. Causes kidney problems

Increases the chance of developing breast cancer

Soy is harmful to the pancreas

Prevents the absorption of various minerals

Soy contains a high level of phytic acid or phytate that prevents the absorption of essential minerals such as iron, zinc , calcium , magnesium , etc. in the body.

causes complications such as vitamin D deficiency , anemia, excessive fatigue, palpitations , shortness of breath , increased heart rate, and more.

Increases the risk of blood clots
There is a toxin called hemagglutinin in soy

It causes hypothyroidism
If you have been diagnosed with a low thyroid function , you may be at increased risk of developing hypothyroidism or other autoimmune thyroid diseases by increasing soy consumption. Soy phytoestrogens and goatrogens have a negative effect on thyroid function.

Causes gastrointestinal upset

Causes cancer of the uterine lining

Advantages of soybeans. Asthma

Other side effects of soy

Some of the other side effects of soy are:

a. Soybeans contain purine , which increases the risk of gout and also makes the disease worse.
B. Too much soy can lead to skin rashes, itching, and severe allergies.
P. 
Soybean skin can lead to inflammation of the allergic nasal mucosa (or allergic rhinitis) .

Eating a soy protein is also beneficial to your health, while over-eating can have mild or serious side effects on your health. It is always advisable to consult a physician before incorporating soy into your diet and regular consumption.

https://bazdeh.org/مضرات-سویا-عارضه-جانبی-سویا/

How much soy is safe?
You can eat 2 or 3 units of soy without any worries! It should be noted that one unit of soy is equal to half a glass of tofu, or half a glass of soybeans, or 1 glass of soy milk.

https://article.tebyan.net/71301/مصرف-زیاد-سویا-مضر-است

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

32 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Soy contains a high level of phytic acid or phytate that prevents the absorption of essential minerals such as iron, zinc , calcium , magnesium , etc. in the body.

Nowadays soy is So dangerous and harmful  , because most of them are transgenic and Sterilization !!:confused:

Guest Guest123
On 11/13/2019 at 7:06 AM, MehrBanoo said:

meat

When you refer to meat do you mean red meat or poultry? 

1 hour ago, Guest Guest123 said:

When you refer to meat do you mean red meat or poultry? 

both of them but poultry is better than red meat & roaster is more recommended & about red meat the lamb is better.

Guest window

In these narrations that talk about eating meat every 40 days and such, do they mean red meat? Or can I eat fish and poultry and not lose wisdom?

2 hours ago, MehrBanoo said:

How dangerous do U mean ?

any other information?

Dangerous because their principles are in big contradiction with monotheist religions. Vegans are also in general what we call "antispecist" which means they consider animals as equal to humans. So in short they are not only against eating meats, but they are against every kind of exploitations of animals like using them as clothes, using their milk etc. So in short they are against the Qur'an saying that animals had been created for us as food and objects (even if we must not torture them of course). 

Like I said previously they have very violent propaganda against "meat eaters" and their had been actions in many countries against butchers and breeding farms. There are even political parties now which are calling for a progessive criminalization of meat consumption.

Of course these people are a minority now. But I would like to say that a decade ago these people were not known at all and most people never heard about being "vegan" while now many people know what is it.

Finally I want to say that such people are in general very hostile toward religions. You could imagine their reaction when we sacrifice goat or when we kill animals according to our Islamic religion.

Rather than being seduced by exhortations to eat more products made from industrially grown soya, maize and grains, we should be encouraging sustainable forms of meat and dairy production based on traditional rotational systems, permanent pasture and conservation grazing. We should, at the very least, question the ethics of driving up demand for crops that require high inputs of fertiliser, fungicides, pesticides and herbicides, while demonising sustainable forms of livestock farming that can restore soils and biodiversity, and sequester carbon.

There’s no question we should all be eating far less meat, and calls for an end to high-carbon, polluting, unethical, intensive forms of grain-fed meat production are commendable. But if your concerns as a vegan are the environment, animal welfare and your own health, then it’s no longer possible to pretend that these are all met simply by giving up meat and dairy. Counterintuitive as it may seem, adding the occasional organic, pasture-fed steak to your diet could be the right way to square the circle.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/aug/25/veganism-intensively-farmed-meat-dairy-soya-maize

4 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Soy protein contains a variety of toxins,

Exactly . . . farmers are told not to feed raw soybeans to hogs for this kind of reason . . . a hog has the closest physiology to a human's than any other animal . . . if a hog can't eat it then neither than you . . .do not eat raw beans was a public service message on TV starting in the early 70s . . . 

@Ashvazdanghe l know you do not have hog operations over there, but over here these were prevalent. Almost every farmer had a few hogs when l grewup.