Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

I cannot remember it clearly but it was something like a man challenged Imam Hassan to debate religion but he refused due to his certainty... Does anyone know what I am referring to and can post it??

On 11/12/2019 at 7:24 PM, rjmcq93 said:

I cannot remember it clearly but it was something like a man challenged Imam Hassan to debate religion but he refused due to his certainty... Does anyone know what I am referring to and can post it??

I know what you are asking about but am unable to trace it currently. Insha'Allah will post as soon as I find it.

Meanwhile, you may find this useful:

In reply to some one who posed Imam Ali (عليه السلام) a difficult question, Imam Ali (عليه السلام) said : 'Ask in order to understand, and do not ask in order to find fault, for surely the ignorant man who wants to learn resembles a man of knowledge, and surely a man of knowledge who wants to be difficult resembles an ignorant man who wants to find fault. '

Imam Ali (as):

There are four causes of infidelity and loss of belief in Allah: hankering after whims, a passion to dispute every argument, deviation from truth; and dissension, because whoever hankers after whims does not incline towards truth; whoever keeps on disputing every argument on account of his ignorance, will always remain blind to truth, whoever deviates from truth because of ignorance, will always take good for evil and evil for good and he will always remain intoxicated with misguidance. And whoever makes a breach (with Allah and His Messenger) his path becomes difficult, his affairs will become complicated and his way to salvation will be uncertain.