Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Moalfas

Who are your favourite Dua reciters?

Rate this topic

I find that I have preferred reciters for specific Duas, and was interested in knowing if anyone shares such preference?

Who are your favourite reciters? Perhaps share a link? 

I generally prefer the slow and 'masculine' voices:

For Dua Kumayl and Dua Al Sabah:

Juma Hamid جمعة حامد 

For Dua Al Ahad and Dua Al Nudba:

Sheikh Mohammed Al Damawandi الشيخ  محمد الدماوندي 

For Zyarat Ashura

Haj Mehdi Samawati 

5 minutes ago, arch1027116 said:

My favourite is Abather Halawaji!!!

The videos with his kids reciting latmeyat are fantastic for the younger generations.

May Allah give him and his family tawfeeq. 

During the month of Ramadhan this year, I enjoyed listening to Abdul Hai Qambar's recitation of Dua Abu Hamza Thumali. Normally, I find many reciters cannot carry the soul of a long dua for very long  but in his case, mashaAllah, I found it easy to appreciate the dua and concentrate right through to the end.

For weekly dua Kumayl, Mulla Bassim is a favorite with the family on days we listen as opposed to reciting the dua:

For dua jawshan kabir, I personally enjoy listening to Murtaza Bandali.. he is easy to listen to, and for some reason, the way he recites is familiar, or sounds close enough to home. 

For dua Makarimul Akhlaq, I love listening to Dr.. Usama al Atar. Makes you sit and reflect.

Rabbana taqabbal du'aana wastajib da3watana wa haqqiq rajaa'ana bifadhlika ya Kareem.

Indeed, Sheikh Abdul Hai Qambar has a beautiful and sorrowful voice. 

I actually hadn't come across his Dua recitations until @habib e najjaar shared the link above yesterday so thank you very much for that! 

I knew him from his Naei نعي, and the following, I always listened to over and over: 

اذا شئت النجاة فزر حسينا

If you seek salvation, then visit Hussain. 

-Apologies as it's not translated. 

Edited by Moalfas

:salam:

For Dua , Ziyarat Ashura and latmiyah I prefer (Haj Meysam motiee),( Amir Abbasi) ,(Haj sayyed Mahdi Mirdamad) and ( Muhammad Taheri) :rolleyes:

For Qur'an reciters , hmm, prefer to choose  (MinShawi) , (Sa3d Alghamedi) and (AbdulBasit) :book:

Edited by MehrBanoo

5 minutes ago, MehrBanoo said:

:salam:

For Dua , Ziyarat Ashura and latmiyah I prefer (Haj Mesam motiee),( Amir Abbasi) ,(Haj sayyed Mahdi Mirdamad) and ( Muhammad Taheri) :rolleyes:

Can you share links? 

10 minutes ago, habib e najjaar said:

All beautiful recitations, and even though they are very Farsi accent influenced, a non Farsi speaker can enjoy them too. Mirdamad's dua nudba is beautiful </3

:muslima: Exactly

Guest AgainMonad!

The reciters benefits BUT you....

what is the objective of listening to these reciters? What benefit do we derive from it?.

Nice voice and melody that boils our emotions to the extent of feeling a religious experience? which then dictates to our minds we are divinely routed in the right course of reality or does it just makes us feel good and distracts us from our own reality?. Truth sucks right?. Thought so.

We,You are no different then the ones we point fingers at.

37 minutes ago, habib e najjaar said:

Dua Nudba Mirdamad:

Very beautiful thank you. 

27 minutes ago, Guest AgainMonad! said:

The reciters benefits BUT you....

what is the objective of listening to these reciters? What benefit do we derive from it?.

Nice voice and melody that boils our emotions to the extent of feeling a religious experience? which then dictates to our minds we are divinely routed in the right course of reality or does it just makes us feel good and distracts us from our own reality?. Truth sucks right?. Thought so.

We,You are no different then the ones we point fingers at.

The Duas have been taught by the Imams to their Shia to connect with Allah sub. They are the weapon of the Mu'min

الدعاء سلاح المؤمن 

They are the most eloquent and expressive way to ask nearness and forgiveness from Allah Ta'ala.

Listening to the Dua or reading it or doing both simultaneously is one of the best forms of Ibadah.

Guest yeyeMonad

Lets apply some thought to this subject and this is not subjective to religion only.

Are you telling me God will only address what HE has created through a coded language or your claim and that being of a particular formats of poetic supplication. One will find supplications changing as they are translated thus the meaning is not constant.

Why not just ask the real question without fear.

It is not a form off anything divine.. They are reptitive patterns to assert certain qualities of remembrance on the consumer. The human being has a constant need to deviate from authority or break their chains from the dominant model of order. A son eventually wants to break free from their parents control. Thus the parents assert a type of rule to make sure this never occurs as they need him in old age, and so the son will play the same game in his old age too. Thus the supplication brings one near to God not through how the majority have been taught, but it brings one near to virtue and to remember a positive cyclical thought process and to be observant via fearing the consequences of incorrect behavior without violence but a possible act of violence. aka Hell.

One cannot seek nearness to God, that claim states that God is afar thus proving God is not omnipresent. We cannot make contradictory statements but what we can do is allude to claiming sinning pushes the mind into chaos and virtue brings one to order. Order allows a type of authority to exist without distruption. The general populace is not the authority.

The Prophet also mentioned to eat meat yet you are a vegetarian........

On 11/12/2019 at 11:38 AM, Guest yeyeMonad said:

Are you telling me God will only address what HE has created through a coded language or your claim and that being of a particular formats of poetic supplication.

Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) have taught their followers the best way to address Allah sub. it's not 'coded language' rather extremely expressive. 

I did not claim that God would 'only' address his creation through these Duas; rather, these Duas are the best way to address God as taught by Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام).

One will find supplications changing as they are translated thus the meaning is not constant.

Yes, much can be lost in translation which is why ideally, one should be able to understand its original format. 

Why not just ask the real question without fear.

One can ask anything they want from their Lord. I'm not sure where you got 'fear' from. 

They are reptitive patterns to assert certain qualities of remembrance on the consumer.

It could seem like a 'repetitive pattern' to someone who isn't comprehending the language. When you understand what the Dua addresses and the intricate expressions, you'll see that these words may not be divine from Allah, but they certainly are sacred from the Imams that express innate feelings that otherwise would be near impossible to express.

Thus the supplication brings one near to God not through how the majority have been taught, but it brings one near to virtue and to remember a positive cyclical thought process and to be observant via fearing the consequences of incorrect behavior without violence but a possible act of violence. aka Hell.

الإمام علي (عليه السلام): إن قوما عبدوا الله رغبة فتلك عبادة التجار، وإن قوما عبدوا الله رهبة فتلك عبادة العبيد، وإن قوما عبدوا الله شكرا فتلك عبادة الأحرار 

نهج البلاغة ٢٣٧

Its narrated that Imam Ali (عليه السلام) had broken down the worshipers into three types:

The people who worshiped God out of desire, which is the worship of merchants.

The people who worshiped God out of fear, which is the worship of slaves.

The people who worshiped God out of gratitude, which is the worship of the free. 

Nahj Al Balagha /237

There's much more to worship than simply fear of hell. 

One cannot seek nearness to God, that claim states that God is afar thus proving God is not omnipresent.

Allah is closer to us than our jugular vein as the Qur'an states. The nearness in reference to the Duas is not physical.

The Prophet also mentioned to eat meat yet you are a vegetarian........

Lol as long as you're content with adding that to your argument! 

Edited by Moalfas