Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
AStruggler

Unity Efforts with the Sunnis - Wajib? Mustahab? Mubah? What For?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

On 11/11/2019 at 10:50 AM, AStruggler said:

Firstly, I'm not saying to create friction or unnecessary trouble with the Sunnis. However, I have noticed some Shias go all out to try and create unity with Sunnis, not just normal Shias but some Shia scholars too. It will be the birth date of the holy Prophet soon iA and we'll see all these chants of unity week and all...

1)

My question is, in our sharia, is unity with the Sunnis wajib (highly doubt it)? Mustahab? or Mubah? As far as I know, all that's said by our top scholars is that not insult or send la'an to their respected figures in front of their faces. Basically, our scholars have simply said to not create unnecessary friction with them, but this is isn't the same thing as saying to go and unite with them.

Other than like Ayatollah Khamenei, have any of our other top scholars encouraged us Shias to go out of our way and make efforts for unity with them? What I do know is that according to the mainstraim shi'a view, Sunnis aren't considered "mo'mineen" as they reject the wilayah of Imam Ali (a). In addition to this, I do know that a few of our top scholars have even considered them as kafir and impure. If I'm not wrong, the great Sayyid al Khoei considered Sunnis outwardly tahir/Muslim but spiritually as kafir. 

So again, I'm not really saying to have bad relationships with Sunnis, but is it neccessary for us make efforts to have good relationships with them and create some kind of brotherhood with them? Is there even any point to it? Should we not simply just co-exist with them like we do with other unbelievers? What does the sharia say in this regard? Does it say anything at all? Is creating unity/brotherhood with the Sunnis simply mubah? 

Note: Yes, we might be able to think of good things that could come out of unity efforts with Sunnis. However, I want to what the religion itself says about this. 

A lot of the pro-unity Shias tend to bring up that hadith about how the holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said to not create division in the ummah and to hold on to the rope of Allah with unity...However, do these people misuse this hadith?

 @Ibn al-Hussain @Sumerian @Mahdavist

You said everything brother lolz and your sentence "I'm not saying this" would not save you from eyes of Imam-e'-Zamana that you didn't create fitna. Imam Ali (عليه السلام) says in Nehjul Balagha:"Do not call names to those who are my enemies rather it would be better that you speak about their wrongs". So, what Ayotullahs mean by unity is the above quote of Imam Ali (عليه السلام).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Flying_Eagle said:

You said everything brother lolz and your sentence "I'm not saying this" would not save you from eyes of Imam-e'-Zamana that you didn't create fitna. Imam Ali (عليه السلام) says in Nehjul Balagha:"Do not call names to those who are my enemies rather it would be better that you speak about their wrongs". So, what Ayotullahs mean by unity is the above quote of Imam Ali (عليه السلام).

It's not fitna. What I respectfully ask about here occurs at a public level. It also occurs under the banner of religion. So, is it wrong to question it to understand its actual relevance to the actual religion!? By me asking this, I'm simply trying to understand whether the significance behind these actions is grounded in actual Islamic text or instruction, or if this stuff just comes ourselves. 

As for calling names, a kafir is a kafir. I was just expressing the view of a great scholar and academic of the religion. Knowledge is knowledge and there's nothing wrong in discussing if it we're not with the wrong people and in the wrong place and etc. This is a forum for Shias. I think it's fine.

Edited by AStruggler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, AStruggler said:

It's not fitna. What I respectfully ask about here occurs at a public level. It also occurs under the banner of religion. So, is it wrong to question it to understand its actual relevance to the actual religion!? By me asking this, I'm simply trying to understand whether the significance behind these actions is grounded in actual Islamic text or instruction, or if this stuff just comes ourselves. 

As for calling names, a kafir is a kafir. I was just expressing the view of a great scholar and academic of the religion. Knowledge is knowledge and there's nothing wrong in discussing if it we're not with the wrong people and in the wrong place and etc. This is a forum for Shias. I think it's fine.

brother, you don't want to understand, you want people to follow you but people aren't stupid to differentiate between what is good and what is evil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Photos: Grand Ayatollah Javadi Amoli receives famous Italian scholar of Islam

https://en.abna24.com/news//photos-grand-ayatollah-javadi-amoli-receives-famous-italian-scholar-of-islam_992811.html

December 10, 2019 - 2:44 PM News Code : 992811 Source : ABNA24Link: 

 

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): Professor Bartolomeo Pirone, a famous Italian scholar of Islam, met with Ayatollah Javadi Amoli at the Esra International foundation for Revealed Sciences in Qom. ‎

 

 

عکس خبری/ دیدار اسلام شناس مشهور ایتالیایی با آیت‌الله جوادی آملی
 
عکس خبری/ دیدار اسلام شناس مشهور ایتالیایی با آیت‌الله جوادی آملی

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2019 at 5:50 AM, AStruggler said:

Sunnis aren't considered "mo'mineen" as they reject the wilayah of Imam Ali (a).

As non scholar Shia I believe we don't look into the life Imam Ali or try to understand it. Yet we mention him alot.

If you want understand unity. Look into the Imams life. He dealt with many types and groups of Muslims.

Look into how he dealt with them. I think you will find your unity questioned answered in multiple ways both general and specific.

*Imam Ali isn't just a slogan 

*not saying you believe that, just a general statement for all of us.

Edited by Warilla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...