Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
AStruggler

Unity Efforts with the Sunnis - Wajib? Mustahab? Mubah? What For?

Rate this topic

Firstly, I'm not saying to create friction or unnecessary trouble with the Sunnis. However, I have noticed some Shias go all out to try and create unity with Sunnis, not just normal Shias but some Shia scholars too. It will be the birth date of the holy Prophet soon iA and we'll see all these chants of unity week and all...

1)

My question is, in our sharia, is unity with the Sunnis wajib (highly doubt it)? Mustahab? or Mubah? As far as I know, all that's said by our top scholars is that not insult or send la'an to their respected figures in front of their faces. Basically, our scholars have simply said to not create unnecessary friction with them, but this is isn't the same thing as saying to go and unite with them.

Other than like Ayatollah Khamenei, have any of our other top scholars encouraged us Shias to go out of our way and make efforts for unity with them? What I do know is that according to the mainstraim shi'a view, Sunnis aren't considered "mo'mineen" as they reject the wilayah of Imam Ali (a). In addition to this, I do know that a few of our top scholars have even considered them as kafir and impure. If I'm not wrong, the great Sayyid al Khoei considered Sunnis outwardly tahir/Muslim but spiritually as kafir. 

So again, I'm not really saying to have bad relationships with Sunnis, but is it neccessary for us make efforts to have good relationships with them and create some kind of brotherhood with them? Is there even any point to it? Should we not simply just co-exist with them like we do with other unbelievers? What does the sharia say in this regard? Does it say anything at all? Is creating unity/brotherhood with the Sunnis simply mubah? 

Note: Yes, we might be able to think of good things that could come out of unity efforts with Sunnis. However, I want to what the religion itself says about this. 

A lot of the pro-unity Shias tend to bring up that hadith about how the holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said to not create division in the ummah and to hold on to the rope of Allah with unity...However, do these people misuse this hadith?

@Ibn al-Hussain @Sumerian @Mahdavist

Edited by AStruggler

Ayotullah Khomeni Ayatollah Sistani Ayatollah Mousawi Jazayeri Ayatollah Nouri Hamedani they all have talked about Shia Sunni unity that Shia Sunni should have unity..I personally have alot of Sunni friends I went to school college with them and my grandmother was a Sunni who converted to Shia after marrying my grandfather so I have Sunni cousins as well from my grandmothers family so I think Shia Sunni should have unity keeping their diffrences asides.

https://en.abna24.com/special-issue/Prophet-s-birthday-celebrations/5872/archive.html

Photos: Prophet Mohammed ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) birth anniversary celebrated in Sa'dah, Yemen

https://en.abna24.com/news//photos-Prophet-Mohammed-(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)-birth-anniversary-celebrated-in-sadah-yemen_987052.html

https://en.abna24.com/news//photos-Prophet-Mohammed-(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)-birth-anniversary-celebrated-in-sanaa-yemen_987051.html

November 10, 2019 - 5:07 PM News Code : 987052 Source : ABNA24Link: 

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): The birth anniversary of Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) was observed in Sa'dah, Yemen.

عکس خبری/ حضور باشکوه مردم صعده در جشن ولادت پیامبر اعظم(ص)

عکس خبری/ حضور باشکوه مردم صعده در جشن ولادت پیامبر اعظم(ص)

Photos: Prophet Mohammed ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) birth anniversary celebrated in Ankara, Istanbul

https://en.abna24.com/news//photos-Prophet-Mohammed-(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)-birth-anniversary-celebrated-in-ankara-istanbul_987055.html

November 10, 2019 - 5:16 PM News Code : 987055 Source : ABNA24Link: 

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): The birth anniversary of Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) was observed in Ankara, Istanbul.

گرامیداشت ولادت پیامبر اکرم(ص) در آنکارا و استانبول

گرامیداشت ولادت پیامبر اکرم(ص) در آنکارا و استانبول

Believers flood mosques in Turkey to celebrate birthday of Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم))

https://en.abna24.com/news//believers-flood-mosques-in-turkey-to-celebrate-birthday-of-Prophet-pbuh_986828.html

November 9, 2019 - 5:55 PM News Code : 986828 Source : Daily SabahLink: 

Believers flood mosques in Turkey to celebrate birthday of Prophet (PBUH)

Millions of believers filled mosques across Turkey on Friday night as they marked Prophet Muhammad's birthday, an occasion Muslims around the world observe as Mawlid an-Nabi.

Photos: Prophet Mohammed ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) birth anniversary celebrated in Malir District, Karachi

https://en.abna24.com/news//photos-Prophet-Mohammed-(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)-birth-anniversary-celebrated-in-malir-district-karachi_987056.html

November 10, 2019 - 5:20 PM News Code : 987056 Source : ABNA24Link: 

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): The birth anniversary of Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) was observed in Malir District, Karachi.

جشن میلاد پیامبر(ص) در ناحیه ملیر شهر کراچی

جشن میلاد پیامبر(ص) در ناحیه ملیر شهر کراچی

Prophet Mohammed ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) birth anniversary celebrated in Pakistan

https://en.abna24.com/news//Prophet-Mohammed-(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)-birth-anniversary-celebrated-in-pakistan_987050.html

November 10, 2019 - 5:00 PM News Code : 987050 Source : IRNALink: 

Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) birth anniversary celebrated in Pakistan

The birth anniversary of Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) was observed across Pakistan with traditional religious zeal on Sunday.

Syrian President participates in religious celebration of Prophet Mohammed’s birthday (+Photos)

https://en.abna24.com/news//syrian-president-participates-in-religious-celebration-of-Prophet-Mohammed’s-birthday-photos_987058.html

November 10, 2019 - 5:39 PM News Code : 987058 Source : SANA, ABNALink: 

Syrian President participates in religious celebration of Prophet Mohammad’s birthday (+Photos)

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on Sunday participated in the religious celebration held by the Ministry of Endowments commemorating the birth of the Prophet Mohammed ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) at al-Murabet Mosque in Damascus.

The Minister stressed that the true Islam is a religion of moderation which rejects extremism, killing and terrorism.

He saluted heroes of the Syrian Arab Army, who have been facing terrorism and the Turkish occupation forces, emphasizing that Syria, under the leadership of President Bashar al-Assad, has preserved its independence, safeguarded the dignity of its people and defended its soil.

Later, Sheikh Adnan al-Afyouni, the Mufti of Damascus and its Countryside, implored God to protect the Syrian people, army and leadership and to save the homeland from the terrorism.

He paid tribute to the martyrs, wishing recovery to the wounded.

The ceremony included religious chants by the band of Sheikh Salim Abdo al-Akkad.

f3ccdd27d2000e3f9255a7e3e2c48800_659.jpg

Photos: Prophet Mohammed ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) birth anniversary celebrated in Kano, Nigeria

https://en.abna24.com/news//photos-Prophet-Mohammed-(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)-birth-anniversary-celebrated-in-kano-nigeria_987054.html

November 10, 2019 - 5:13 PM News Code : 987054 Source : ABNA24Link: 

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): The birth anniversary of Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) was observed in Kano, Nigeria.

جشن میلاد پیامبر(ص) و هفته وحدت در شهر کانوی نیجریه

Photos: Prophet Mohammed ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) birth anniversary celebrated in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

https://en.abna24.com/news//photos-Prophet-Mohammed-(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)-birth-anniversary-celebrated-in-kuala-lumpur-malaysia_987053.html

November 10, 2019 - 5:10 PM News Code : 987053 Source : ABNA24Link: 

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): The birth anniversary of Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) was observed in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

جشن میلاد پیامبر(ص) در مالزی

جشن میلاد پیامبر(ص) در مالزی

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Imam Hasan Askari (عليه السلام) Recommendation to His Adherents
Imam Abu Muhammad ((عليه السلام).) preached and advised his Shi’a by saying, “I recommend you to fear Allah, be pious in your religion, strive for Allah, be truthful in speaking, give deposits back to their owners, whether he be good or evil, increase prostration, and to be good to neighbors. By these (principles) Muhammad ((عليه السلام).) came with his mission. Associate with your kin(any group that is opposite Shias), attend their funerals, visit their sick, and carry out their rights, for if anyone of you is pious in his religion, truthful in his speech, he gives deposit back to its owner, and treats people kindly, then it shall be said about him: “this is a Shi’a”, and this shall please me.
Fear Allah, be good and do not be bad! Attract every love to us, and keep any obscenity away from us, because whatever good is said about us we deserve it, and whatever bad is said about us is not in us. 

Beharul Anwaar, Vol. 78, Page 371.

12..........Offer prayers in the middle of your folks, attend their funeral ceremonies, visit their ill ones, and fulfill their rights. I am pleased if people point to you and say "this is Shi'ite", when you behave piously,........

https://www.imamreza.net/old/eng/imamreza.php?id=3401

اوصیکم بتقوی‌الله والورع فی‌دینکم و الاجتهاد لله و صدق الحدیث و اداء الامانه الی من ائتمنکم من بر او فاجر و طول السجود و حسن‌الجوار فبهذا جاء محمد صلی‌الله علیه وآله و سلم. صلوافی عشائرهم و اشهدوا جنائزهم و عودوا مرضاهم وادوا حقوقهم فان‌الرجل منکم اذا ورع فی‌دینه و صدق فی‌حدیثه و ادی الامانه و حسن خلقه مع‌الناس قیل‌: هذا شیعی فیسرنی ذلک (بحارالانوار، ج ۷۸، ص ۳۷۲)

https://fa.shafaqna.com/news/286066/

http://www.hawzahnews.com/news/870632/هشت-سفارش-امام-حسن-عسکری-ع-به-شیعیان

https://www.imamreza.net/old/eng/imamreza.php?id=9760

Perform congregational prayers with other tribes and take part in their funeral processions, and visit their ill people, and observe their rights, because when any of you is steadfast in religion, and tells the truth, and is trustworthy, and has good behaviour toward others; others will say: This person is Shia and this makes me happy.

https://en.shafaqna.com/78071/what-were-the-recommendations-of-Imam-Hassan-askari-as-for-Shia-Muslims/

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

1 hour ago, Sumerian said:

The most you can find in our literature is we should visit their sick ones, go to their funerals, and pray with them in Salat. 

It can be argued that we can support each other with common political goals that benefit Islam.

But in terms of aqeeda, they are their own and we are our own. And yes what you said about not considering them believers and what the scholars have said about their status is true.

What is commonly preached in this day and age is often driven by social or political considerations rather than religious ones. The religious guideline is what the brother has written above and what other contributors to this thread have repeated and confirmed.

What is unity except friendship, solidarity in times of hardship, respect and good behaviour ?

Agreed brother, but unfortunately people sometimes misuse the term 'unity' to push sociopolitical agendas and views under the umbrella of a religious duty. 

Wallahu a'lam 

Edited by Mahdavist

5 hours ago, AStruggler said:

Firstly, I'm not saying to create friction or unnecessary trouble with the Sunnis. However, I have noticed some Shias go all out to try and create unity with Sunnis, not just normal Shias but some Shia scholars too. It will be the birth date of the holy Prophet soon iA and we'll see all these chants of unity week and all...

1)

My question is, in our sharia, is unity with the Sunnis wajib (highly doubt it)? Mustahab? or Mubah? As far as I know, all that's said by our top scholars is that not insult or send la'an to their respected figures in front of their faces. Basically, our scholars have simply said to not create unnecessary friction with them, but this is isn't the same thing as saying to go and unite with them.

Other than like Ayatollah Khamenei, have any of our other top scholars encouraged us Shias to go out of our way and make efforts for unity with them? What I do know is that according to the mainstraim shi'a view, Sunnis aren't considered "mo'mineen" as they reject the wilayah of Imam Ali (a). In addition to this, I do know that a few of our top scholars have even considered them as kafir and impure. If I'm not wrong, the great Sayyid al Khoei considered Sunnis outwardly tahir/Muslim but spiritually as kafir. 

So again, I'm not really saying to have bad relationships with Sunnis, but is it neccessary for us make efforts to have good relationships with them and create some kind of brotherhood with them? Is there even any point to it? Should we not simply just co-exist with them like we do with other unbelievers? What does the sharia say in this regard? Does it say anything at all? Is creating unity/brotherhood with the Sunnis simply mubah? 

Note: Yes, we might be able to think of good things that could come out of unity efforts with Sunnis. However, I want to what the religion itself says about this. 

A lot of the pro-unity Shias tend to bring up that hadith about how the holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said to not create division in the ummah and to hold on to the rope of Allah with unity...However, do these people misuse this hadith?

@AStruggler Just to clarify, I don't think Imam Khamenei is an Ayatollah, but just an Imam.

Anyway, many of the scholars including Sistani have promoted giving respect towards them. I mean even I doubt as to whether it is wajib, but sometimes we just need to use our own common sense. They are still Muslims just like us. And with the Quranic verse that you have mentioned, another interpretation was that it was related to Imam Ali (عليه السلام) and his Wilayah.

The problem with the ummah that we're living in today is that the word 'unity' hardly ever exists. Many people will never accept it. Not only are Sunni-Shia wars but now its Shia-Shia wars. They're killing their own people the ones who believe in the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) and the Wilayah of Imam Ali (عليه السلام). How devastating. If it is hard to maintain good relations with our own Shia brothers and sisters, then how is it possible for us to also maintain the same with Sunnis? 

Coexistence and what's required to go with it from respect and courtsey etc is a given whether they are from other sects or other religions or even faithless. 

The problem with the phrase 'Islamic unity' is that it's been used to dilute the Aqeeda to appease others. 

عَنِ الْحَسَنِ بْنِ عَلِيٍّ الْخَزَّازِ قَالَ سَمِعْتُ الرِّضَا ع يَقُولُ‏ اِنَّ مِمَّنْ يَنْتَحِلُ مَوَدَّتَنَا اَهْلَ الْبَيْتِ- مَنْ هُوَ اَشَدُّ فِتْنَةً عَلَى شِيعَتِنَا مِنَ‏ الدَّجَّالِ‏- فَقُلْتُ بِمَا ذَا قَالَ بِمُوَالاةِ اَعْدَائِنَا وَ مُعَادَاةِ اَوْلِيَائِنَا اِنَّهُ اِذَا كَانَ كَذَلِكَ اخْتَلَطَ الْحَقُّ بِالْبَاطِلِ وَ اشْتَبَهَ الْاَمْرُ فَلَمْ يُعْرَفْ مُؤْمِنٌ مِنْ مُنَافِقٍ.

Al-Hussain Ibn Ali al-Khazzaaz narrates that he heard Imam Reza (peace be upon him) say, “Certainly, from the one who claims to love us Ahl al-bait (peace be upon him) is he who is a greater mischief on our Shiahs than the Anti-Christ (Dajjaal).” I (the narrator) asked, “How?” He (peace be upon him) replied, 

“By befriending our enemies and making enemies with our Shiahs. When this will be the situation, truth will become mixed with falsehood and the affair (Imamate) will become confused. Thus, a believer will not be distinguished from a hypocrite.”

Sifaat al-Shiah, p. 8, H. 14

Wasaael al-Shiah, vol. 16, p. 179, H. 21289

Behaar al-Anwaar, vol. 72, p. 391, H. 13

Guest Pschological Warfare

If "Unity" mean to become a hypocrite: NO

If "Unity" mean to become the sixth madhab under the Umbrella of Ahlus-Sunnah wa’l-Jama’ah: and say ALL were good, we do not differentiate between the oppressor and the oppressed: NO- 

If by "Unity" we mean, live in peace with other humans, with out sacrificing your beliefs: Yes.

Just a side note, it is a generally accepted rule or norm that Offer of Unity needs to come from the Majority in term of concrete and actionable steps. Minority can't just give up their beliefs and play dead to be accepted. This has never happened and never will happen its against human psychology. You will be taken advantage off and that will be it. 

“And hold fast, all together, by the rope of Allah, and be not divided among yourselves; and remember with gratitude Allah's favour on you; for you were enemies and He joined your hearts in love, so that by His Grace, you became brothers; and you were on the brink of the pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus does Allah make His Signs clear to you: That you may be guided.” (3:103)

Perhaps if we truly understood what it means to love the holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), and how we should make it obligatory to polarize ourselves around his noble personality, we would realise how our brotherhood and humanity with non Muslims is very different and of a much much lower degree than that we should have with our Muslim brothers.

There's an analogy I hear often, think of the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) as a father, who dies leaving two children, Sunni and Shia. Perhaps one child is wiser, more well behaved, more pleasant, more just, more righteous than the other one  but for the father who dies, he would not want his two orphan children to be split apart because of their differences. Rather, a father would want people to make all efforts to unite his children since he loves them both as his children.

Guest Pschological Warfare

For the Unity Week. to really have a meaning. 

Here is the crux of this matter- Lead by example.

I would like all the Shia Scholors/Jurists/ Marja to have a meeting present a United front.( work out your differences, or agree to disagree with out dividing the Shias) 

Second, once step one is achieved. Have a meeting with the Jurists/Scholors of the other schools of  though and come to a common ground and present a united front so people will follow. 

Lead by example is the key, until that time- its all just talk and nothing will really happen. 

The difference between praying and establishing prayers: individual prayers for your own benefit, or  establishing a is making a God centric community. Similarly difference in Unity talk and establishing Unity for your own sake, or  making a Unity centric leadership( Among  Shia's an and later with all Muslims)  for the benefit of the community at large. 

1 hour ago, habib e najjaar said:

There's an analogy I hear often, think of the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) as a father, who dies leaving two children, Sunni and Shia. Perhaps one child is wiser, more well behaved, more pleasant, more just, more righteous than the other one  but for the father who dies, he would not want his two orphan children to be split apart because of their differences. Rather, a father would want people to make all efforts to unite his children since he loves them both as his children.

The father actually said to unite on Wilayate Ali and his progeny (عليهم اسلام). The Shia child is already on Wilayate Ali (عليه السلام). Let the Sunni child accept Wilayate Ali (عليه السلام) as ordered by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and both will be united. 

13 hours ago, AStruggler said:

lot of the pro-unity Shias tend to bring up that hadith about how the holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said to not create division in the ummah and to hold on to the rope of Allah with unity...However, do these people misuse this hadith?

Correction- looks like the rope of Allah saying I was talking about is actually from the Qur'an. Not sure if it's a hadith too. 

5 hours ago, Sirius_Bright said:

The father actually said to unite on Wilayate Ali and his progeny (عليهم اسلام). The Shia child is already on Wilayate Ali (عليه السلام). Let the Sunni child accept Wilayate Ali (عليه السلام) as ordered by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and both will be united. 

So in simple, from the perspective of a dead father, there is no point in loving the misguided child? My way or the high way? Interesting perspective.

5 hours ago, habib e najjaar said:

So in simple, from the perspective of a dead father, there is no point in loving the misguided child? My way or the high way? Interesting perspective.

First of all the analogy is flawed. Those who are not followers of Mohammed wa aale Mohammed (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) are not their children. Infact, some of those who love and support Ahlul Bayt's (عليهم اسلام) enemies are our enemies. Secondly, it is necessary for everyone including Shia and Sunni to ponder and understand their religion. Most Sunnis never do that so it's their fault. 

It is not necessary to have unity to discuss or debate with Sunnis. 

16 hours ago, AStruggler said:

Correction- looks like the rope of Allah saying I was talking about is actually from the Qur'an. Not sure if it's a hadith too. 

It's from the Qur'an and has been mentioned and explained in many narrations from Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) as well.

The narrations from Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) indicate that the rope of Allah is the Qur'an and Imam Ali (عليه السلام)

:bismillah:

: واعتصِموا بحبلِ اللهِ جميعاً ولا تَفَرَّقوا

'And hold firmly to the rope of Allah all together and do not become divided.'

Aal Imran 3 / 103

It's narrated that Imam Al Kathum (عليه السلام) was asked about this verse and he answered:

'Ali ibn Abi Talib is the strong rope'

Tafseer Al Ayashi 1:217 - 122

Tafseer al Safi, Al Faith Al Kashani 1:365

It's also been narrated that Imam Al Baqir (عليه السلام) said:

'The progeny of Mohammed are Allah's rope that we are told to hold onto. As Allah said:

'And hold firmly to the rope of Allah all together and do not become divided.' 3/103

Tafseer Al Ayashi 1:217 - 123

We also have many narrations on the importance of holding onto the book of Allah and Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) and that they are the two weights that the Prophet saw has left for his ummah:

Abu Saeed Al Khidry narrates that the Prophet saw said:

'Oh people, I have left with you two ropes if you hold onto them, you will not be misguided after me, one is bigger than the other: the book of Allah is a rope from the sky to the Earth, and my progeny, my Ahlul Bayt, and they both (the ropes) will not separate until they come to me on (judgment day)' 

Tafseer Majma Al Bayan 2:805

Finally, one of Imam Ali's known names is

الحبل المتين

As he (عليه السلام) and Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) confirm that he's Allah's strong rope. 

So true unity can only be achieved by holding onto the Qur'an and Imam Ali's wilayah and Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام)

Photos: Prophet Mohammed ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) birth anniversary celebrated in Lahore, Pakistan

https://en.abna24.com/news//photos-Prophet-Mohammed-(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)-birth-anniversary-celebrated-in-lahore-pakistan_987447.html

November 12, 2019 - 4:34 PM News Code : 987447 Source : ABNA24Link: 

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): The birth anniversary of Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) was observed in Lahore, Pakistan.

مراسم جشن میلاد پیامبر رحمت در لاهور پاکستان

Islamic Unity Conf. final statement calls for bringing US to justice for backing ISIL, Israel, Saudi Arabia

https://en.abna24.com/news//Islamic-unity-conf-final-statement-calls-for-bringing-us-to-justice-for-backing-isil-Israel-Saudi-arabia_987750.html

November 13, 2019 - 8:34 PM News Code : 987750 Source : MehrLink: 

Islamic Unity Conf. final statement calls for bringing US to justice for backing ISIL, Israel, Saudi Arabia

The Muslim parties and political activists attending the 33rd Islamic Unity Conference in Tehran called for bringing US to justice for backing the terrorist ISIL group.

In the final statement, Muslim parties and political activists called on the Tehran-based World Forum for Proximity of Islamic Schools of Thought to sue Washington in international courts for creating and supporting ISIL terror group, its support for the criminal Zionist regime of Israel against Palestinian people, as well as its support for Saudi crimes against the Yemeni nation.

Muslim World Students Assembly opens in Iran

https://en.abna24.com/news//Muslim-world-students-assembly-opens-in-iran_987733.html

November 13, 2019 - 4:44 PM News Code : 987733 Source : IRNALink: 

Muslim World Students Assembly opens in Iran

'Students Assembly of the Muslim World' themed 'Unity of the Ummah in Defense of the Al-Aqsa Mosque' opened in Tehran on Wednesday on the occasion of the Islamic Unity Week.

Some 120 university students from 27 world countries have participated in the assembly.

The Secretary-general of the World Forum for Proximity of Islamic Schools of Thought, Ayatollah Mohsen Araki attended the commission of the students at the event.

The assembly aims at reviewing the current status of Muslim students and providing solutions for strengthening solidarity among them.

Visiting Jamaran Museum and Husseinieh, the US espionage den, and a number of scientific research sites to deepen ties among Iranian and international students are also on the agenda of the event.

The Islamic Unity Week refers to an occasion that takes place in Iran every year both by Sunni and Shia Muslims. The ceremony is held between 2 dates of the birthday anniversary of Prophet Muhammad ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) that one of the dates is narrated by the Sunni community and the other narrated by Shia Muslims.

Pres. Rouhani: Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) was listening ear for everyone

https://en.abna24.com/news//pres-rouhani-Prophet-(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)-was-listening-ear-for-everyone_987727.html

Photos: Prophet Mohammed ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) birth anniversary celebrated in Halishahar, Bangladesh

https://en.abna24.com/news//photos-Prophet-Mohammed-(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)-birth-anniversary-celebrated-in-halishahar-bangladesh_987736.html

November 13, 2019 - 5:32 PM News Code : 987736 Source : ABNA24Link: 

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): The birth anniversary of Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) was observed in Halishahar, Bangladesh.

جشن ولادت پیامبر اکرم(ص) در هالی‌شهر بنگلادش

جشن ولادت پیامبر اکرم(ص) در هالی‌شهر بنگلادش
Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Imam Khamenei receives participants of 33rd International Islamic Unity Conference

https://en.abna24.com/news//Imam-Khamenei-receives-participants-of-33rd-international-Islamic-unity-conference_987989.html

November 15, 2019 - 11:23 AM News Code : 987989 Source : MehrLink: 

Imam Khamenei receives participants of 33rd International Islamic Unity Conference

Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei received a host of high ranking Iranian officials and participants of the 33rd International Islamic Unity Conference on Friday morning.

Ayatollah Araki: Strategy of unity, tops agenda of Muslim World

https://en.abna24.com/news//ayatollah-araki-strategy-of-unity-tops-agenda-of-Muslim-world_987923.html

November 14, 2019 - 5:04 PM News Code : 987923 Source : IRNALink: 

Ayatollah Araki: Strategy of unity, tops agenda of Muslim World

Secretary General of the World Forum for Proximity of Islamic Schools of Thought said on Thursday that the strategy of unity is top on agenda of the Muslim World, whereas Takfiri philosophy is doomed to failure.

Ayatollah Mohsen Araki made the remarks at the opening ceremony on the 33rd International Islamic Unity Conference started work in Tehran on Thursday morning with participation of Iranian President Hassan Rouhani and over 350 elites and figures from 93 world countries.

Today, the Resistance front in the region is stronger than any other time, he said.

Talking of the Islamic issues, Ayatollah Araki called on the Muslims to defend Al-Aqsa Mosque as the enemies have hatched plots against this holy place.

He further urged all Muslims around the world to get more united in order to thwart the Deal of the Century.

Iran President felicitates Prophet’s ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) birthday to Islamic nations

https://en.abna24.com/news//Iran-president-felicitates-Prophet’s-(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)-birthday-to-Islamic-nations_987977.html

Pres. Rouhani: Palestine, Al-Quds most important issues in World of Islam

https://en.abna24.com/news//pres-rouhani-palestine-al-quds-most-important-issues-in-world-of-islam_987901.html

Dr. Rouhani noted, “The most important plot against us Muslims in recent decades is to cast doubt on the powers that have long-standing animosity with the Muslim world”.

The president emphasised, "All these efforts have been for us to forget all the crimes committed by the West, led the United States, over the years, and the occupation of the Palestinian territory by a group of occupiers”.

Dr. Rouhani added, "All these efforts are made to undermine the important fact that the Palestinians must return to their homeland. Enemies have achieved some success in this regard, but fortunately they have not achieved their malicious goals”.

"They wanted the Zionist Regime to be accepted as a normal state by all Muslims in the region and even the Palestinians. Even the new American regime tried to trade the issue of Palestine with money and called it the Deal of the Century, and even tried to make the Holy Quds the capital of the occupiers, but to no avail,” he said.

Dr. Rouhani emphasised, "From the killing of the Afghan people to the killing of the Iraqi people and the oppressed people of Yemen and sowing discord among the Islamic countries, these have all been the effects of America's evil plots in the region”.

Urging those who say the US can be the solution to show us an example, the President continued, "What country in the region has America served and helped over the past years? The source of which coup, war and conflict in the Middle East has not been America and the Zionist Regime?”..............https://en.abna24.com/news//pres-rouhani-palestine-al-quds-most-important-issues-in-world-of-islam_987901.html

Ayatollah Noori Hamadani:

By strengthening unity of Islamic ummah, we can make enemies’ weapon of ‎dissent ineffective ‎

https://en.abna24.com/news//by-strengthening-unity-of-Islamic-ummah-we-can-make-enemies’-weapon-of-‎dissent-ineffective-‎_987911.html

November 14, 2019 - 3:25 PM News Code : 987911 Source : RasaLink: 

By strengthening unity of Islamic ummah, we can make enemies’ weapon of ‎dissent ineffective ‎

The revered source of emulation emphasized upon the strengthening of the unity of the ‎Islamic ummah and said, “By uniting, Muslims can thwart the enemies’ conspiracies and ‎plots and pursue their noble goals.”‎

Ayatollah Noori Hamadani stated that the Islamic ummah must know that the enemies ‎never want anything good for Muslims and added, “We must rely on unity and not allow ‎the enemies to create dissension.”‎
‎ ‎
He said, “The more Muslim unity is strengthened and the more Muslims communicate ‎with each other, the better they can achieve their goals and be successful.”‎

Islamic Jahad Movement appreciates Iran for supporting Palestine

https://en.abna24.com/news//Islamic-jahad-movement-appreciates-Iran-for-supporting-palestine_987979.html

November 15, 2019 - 11:01 AM News Code : 987979 Source : IRNALink: 

Islamic Jahad Movement appreciates Iran for supporting Palestine

Spokesman of military branch of Islamic Jihad Movement Abu Hamdha on Thursday thanked Iran for supporting Palestine resistance.

Hezbollah official describes Iran as head of 'resistance axis'

https://en.abna24.com/news//hezbollah-official-describes-Iran-as-head-of-resistance-axis_987922.html

November 14, 2019 - 4:45 PM News Code : 987922 Source : MehrLink: 

The deputy secretary-general of the Lebanese resistance movement Hezbollah lauded the major role that Iran plays at the forefront of the battle against the global arrogance in the region.

نمایش اسلایدی تصاویر

اقامه نماز وحدت در افتتاحیه کنفرانس وحدت

Syrian cultural activists, Iraqi Sunni scholars visit Imam Reza (عليه السلام) holy shrine

https://en.abna24.com/news//syrian-cultural-activists-Iraqi-Sunni-scholars-visit-Imam-reza-as-holy-shrine_988952.html

November 24, 2019 - 4:22 PM News Code : 988952 Source : AQRLink: 

Syrian cultural activists, Iraqi Sunni scholars visit Imam Reza (AS) holy shrine

A group of Syrian cultural activists and seven Iraqi Sunni scholars including members of the Forum for Proximity of Religions and Rabat Muhammadi Assembly have attended Imam Reza (عليه السلام) holy shrine, enjoying cultural and religious programs and a visit to AQR library.

In order to learn about Astan Quds Razavi’s experiences and implement them in their country, 26 of the directors and experts of the Syrian government departments were guests to Astan Quds Razavi for two days.

Cultural and religious programs, shrine tour and visits to sacred sites were among the programs for foreign pilgrims as arranged by AQR Foreign Pilgrims Affairs’ Office.

At the end of the program, members of the group were also awarded with cultural gifts including blessed books, rock candy and salt.

Elsewhere, Iraqi Sunni scholars visited Razavi Hospital and the AQR Publishing and Printing Center.

Mohammed al-Nouri, Vice President of the Rabat Muhammadi Assembly, on the sidelines of the visit to AQR Qur'an Museum stated: “The dedication of Astan Quds Razavi to the Quranic activities is clearly visible in this museum.”

“The effort to collect and preserve valuable Quranic works of artists shows the importance of this prophetic hadith. That’s why in this holy place, which is the burial place of one of the Infallible Imams, Qur'an and Itrat come together,” he said, referring to the Hadith al-Thaqalayn of the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)).

Ali al-Shawiri, another member of the group and a member of the Iraqi Forum for Proximity of Religions, also appreciated the AQR for hosting the event.

On 11/11/2019 at 4:50 PM, AStruggler said:

My question is, in our sharia, is unity with the Sunnis wajib (highly doubt it)? Mustahab? or Mubah?

That is a difficult question, brother.

It could be wajib in one situation and mustahab or mubah in another.

However, real unity is only possible when Sunnis recognize Imam Ali (عليه السلام) as the best of men after the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)).

Until then, we can say prayers together and do Haj together.

But that is not real unity.

Real unity requires a degree of unity in beliefs.

Relegating Imam Ali to a position behind the rash and unpredictable Umar and the inept and incompetent Uthman is not real unity.

Real unity requires Sunnis accepting Imam Ali as the best man after the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)), and therefore definitely better than the first three caliphs.

Until then, just keep praying together and things like that 

But that is not real unity.

On 11/11/2019 at 12:50 AM, AStruggler said:

1)

As one matures spiritually ones heart opens up and love overflows.  And we all know that love doesn’t discriminate and is unconditional.  

the reason why you find many senior ulema urging for unity is because it is natural in A healthy man’s fitrah to seek the harmony of love and affection.  

A community or a people that is enclosed and remains uninterested in building bridges, harmony, love and mercy with others is not a healthy sign of a community. It is a sign that the community has to mature a bit more, and inshallah one day such a community will unless of course it dies off.  

You cannot have unity with someone whose religion tells them that Shias are apostates that deserve to be killed. I know many Shias in America especially say that they have Sunni friends, but if they choose to be friends with you then they're not following their own deen properly and are hypocrites who will burn in jahanna. Choose your friends wisely. They may pretend to be okay with Shias in front of you, but when put in power, your head could be on the chopping block

Ayatollah Araki: World of Islam hurt over disagreement among Muslims

https://en.abna24.com/news//ayatollah-araki-world-of-Islam-hurt-over-disagreement-among-muslims_990294.html

November 30, 2019 - 6:24 PM News Code : 990294 Source : Taghrib newsLink: 

Ayatollah Araki: World of Islam hurt over disagreement among Muslims

Secretary General of World Forum for Proximity of Islamic Schools of Thought condemned the Saudi crimes and massacre of Yemeni people saying world of Islam is hurt over killing of Muslims.

“To confront the Zionist regime of Israel and support for the oppressed Palestinian nation are the sole ways to the crimes committed by Zionist regime of Israel which is merciless to women, children and the elderly in Palestine.

Ayatollah Araki also denounced the crimes committed by Saudi Arabia in Yemen and highlighted cooperation and solidarity among Islamic governments and nations as the solutions for that.

“The US is enemy of both Muslim world and humanity” said the cleric and counted terrorism, Takfir (excommunication) and hostility as issues masterminded by the United States.

He hailed Iran-Russia mutual cooperation in anti-Daesh campaign and underlined the cooperation amid the situation created for the Middle East by the US.

Ayatollah Ramazani visits Hojat al-Islam Hussain al-Matuq

Ayatollah Ramezani, Secretary-General of Ahlul Bayt ((عليه السلام).) World Assembly visited Hojat al-Islam Hussain al-Matuq, Kuwaiti member of the Supreme Council of the Assembly.

https://en.abna24.com/news//ayatollah-ramazani-visits-hojat-al-Islam-hussain-al-matuq_990287.html

November 30, 2019 - 5:02 PM News Code : 990287 Source : ABNA24Link: 

Ayatollah Ramazani visits Hojat al-Islam Hussain al-Matuq

Ayatollah Reza Ramazani visited Hojat al-Islam Hussain al-Matuq.

Photos: Prophet Mohammed ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) birth anniversary celebrated in Houston, America

https://en.abna24.com/news//photos-Prophet-Mohammed-(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)-birth-anniversary-celebrated-in-houston-america_989476.html

November 26, 2019 - 5:30 PM News Code : 989476 Source : ABNA24Link: 

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): The birth anniversary of Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) was observed at "Al-Montazar" Islamic center in Houston, America.

جشن میلاد پیامبر اکرم(ص) در شهر هاوستونِ ایالت تگزاس

جشن میلاد پیامبر اکرم(ص) در شهر هاوستونِ ایالت تگزاس

4 hours ago, MuhammadFreeman said:

You cannot have unity with someone whose religion tells them that Shias are apostates that deserve to be killed. I know many Shias in America especially say that they have Sunni friends, but if they choose to be friends with you then they're not following their own deen properly and are hypocrites who will burn in jahanna. Choose your friends wisely. They may pretend to be okay with Shias in front of you, but when put in power, your head could be on the chopping block

Salam as I know although America supports radical Muslims like as wahabists but it doesn't want these radical groups inside of America that majority of Sunni Muslims in America are more moderate & welcoming toward  Shias  than European countries like as Britain that you can find any type of radical Muslim groups in it although all Sunni groups in both countries are receiving funds from KSA but America is better place for Shias because they face more friendly atmosphere than Britain because only concern of American authorities is their relation with Iran that they have lesser contact with Iran than rest of Shias in westerner countries & Sunnis in America just suffer from lack of education that there is chance to have better connection with Shias through unity & friendship.

Photos: Group of Sunni scholars meet with Ayatollah Javadi Amoli

https://en.abna24.com/news//photos-group-of-Sunni-scholars-meet-with-ayatollah-javadi-amoli_991410.html

December 4, 2019 - 5:50 PM News Code : 991410 Source : ABNA24Link: 

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): A group of Sunni scholars from Golestan and Gilan Provinces met with Ayatollah Javadi Amoli in Qom.

عکس خبری/ دیدار جمعی از علمای اهل سنت استان با آیت‌الله جوادی آملی